2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, NickButera said:

If Adams forces his way out of Green Bay by averting the tag, I thought I read a report that he wanted something near 30 mil a year? There's no way I'd touch that with a 100 foot pole, no matter how good he is. Not even close to that amount of money even. 

DeAndre Hopkins got $27.5M, Adams will get at least $28M. I don't think that McDaniels and co will go after a high priced FA WR, likely 1/2 mid-range WR's in free agency and/or one in the draft.

I think JC Jackson might be on our radar to get paid. be a younger version of Hayward with Patriots ties. There's some talk he is a top 3 corner. Would be nice to have a shut down corner on one side of the field. One less need going into the draft with JC. I feel like we need to go after a few big fish then all those meh signings we always do. We have a good young team, don't need alot of vet free agents. 

4 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I think JC Jackson might be on our radar to get paid. be a younger version of Hayward with Patriots ties. There's some talk he is a top 3 corner. Would be nice to have a shut down corner on one side of the field. One less need going into the draft with JC. I feel like we need to go after a few big fish then all those meh signings we always do. We have a good young team, don't need alot of vet free agents. 

We only have 35 players under contract going into the off-season and somewhere between 25-40 million in cap space. That’s a lot of white space that needs to be filled. JC Jackson would be  a fantastic addition to our secondary but unless something drastic happens in the next 35 days (Carr restructure, player cuts, etc.) I don’t see us being a player for him.

47 minutes ago, jpaulthe1st said:

We only have 35 players under contract going into the off-season and somewhere between 25-40 million in cap space. That’s a lot of white space that needs to be filled. JC Jackson would be  a fantastic addition to our secondary but unless something drastic happens in the next 35 days (Carr restructure, player cuts, etc.) I don’t see us being a player for him.

bring back this depth for cheap: MM, Richard, Tyrone, Jermaine E, N Martin, Morrow, M Lee, Patrick O, D Philon... there's your depth for cheap

Edited by Humble_Beast

On 1/28/2022 at 9:54 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

Love Adams but I just can't justify 30 mil on a WR plus a 1st. That's gonna hurt a lot. Better off going the draft route and using FA to address the OL and defense.

Being able to draft cheap young WR's is a huge asset. We need to start getting better at it.

Right! I couldn't just for the money. I mean he is a beast!!! But you could realistically almost get Godwin and Gallup for that! At least one of them and Chark or Valdez- Scantling or some kind of combo of 2 or possibly 3 really good receivers. Give me 2 to 3 real good players over 1 great one in this case. I mean it's not like McDaniels system calls for that great receiver to be effective anyway. Aside from the time he had Moss.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Brandin Cooks isn't a free agent, we'd have to trade for him. Calvin Ridley reportedly wants out of Atlanta and it has been suggested that the price would likely be a conditional 2nd round pick that could become a 1st depending on playing time. He only has an $11M cap hit next year too.

I know Cooks isn't, but if the value is right then go for it. 

Calvin Ridley is a maybe, think I'd rather use that 2nd on john Metchie who for me is perfect for the system.   

20 hours ago, NYRaider said:

And what did they do last year? They didn't go after a high priced, target hog WR. They signed Nelly (2 yr/$22M), Bourne (3 yr/$15M), Henry (3 yr/$38M), and Smith (4 yr/$50M). 

You can slice it that way if you like.  I'm seeing a change from what they did in the past.  Bringing in 4 mid to high level/priced receiving targets in one offseason. Nelly's was the 4th highest WR deal last year, so it's not all about being a target hog.  It's how much are you paying these guys regardless of role. 

20 hours ago, roi34 said:

dj chark size/speed or get juju ajd draft burks who will he size/speed

Chark and Juju are two guys I have wanted for awhile.  They won't break the bank are still in their prime years and will provide good value.  Even if we sign one of the two I still would be on board with drafting a WR this year as well.  Not necessarily in the 1st but we need to turn this position of weakness into a strength going forward. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Chark and Juju are two guys I have wanted for awhile.  They won't break the bank are still in their prime years and will provide good value.  Even if we sign one of the two I still would be on board with drafting a WR this year as well.  Not necessarily in the 1st but we need to turn this position of weakness into a strength going forward. 

problem with juju is as a slot hes very good. outside wr he is ok. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BigD1123 said:

Right! I couldn't just for the money. I mean he is a beast!!! But you could realistically almost get Godwin and Gallup for that! At least one of them and Chark or Valdez- Scantling or some kind of combo of 2 or possibly 3 really good receivers. Give me 2 to 3 real good players over 1 great one in this case. I mean it's not like McDaniels system calls for that great receiver to be effective anyway. Aside from the time he had Moss.

Damn. $30 million? What would Carr want then? No thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Can see juju being very good in a patriot offense. I think most USC receivers fit that bill 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BigD1123 said:

Well Done Reaction GIF

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Damn. $30 million? What would Carr want then? No thanks.

With how many players we need to resign or restructure.  No way.  The only way I see us doing it is if we trade them a player who is looking to get paid.  Straight up trae for Waller would work but like someone else posted in here that McDaniels system values TEs so the likelihood of trading Waller is slim.  I have to admit I am a little scared to see what Waller gets if we choose to renegotiate.  Kittle is a year younger but signed a $15 million contract couple years ago.  Waller will probably look for a 3-4 year deal as the highest paid TE.  I would not be surprised to see it around $17-18 million per.  Who here would be happy with that?

5 hours ago, OnlyGlove said:

I know Cooks isn't, but if the value is right then go for it. 

Calvin Ridley is a maybe, think I'd rather use that 2nd on john Metchie who for me is perfect for the system.   

IF, and only IF WR was our target in round 1, I'd offer up the pick in exchange for Cooks. He's a known commodity and arguably a top 8 WR in the league. 

That said, I would like to see a different hole plugged up with the 1st rounder. 

But a package of some players and a 2nd or 3rd? Sign me up. 

5 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Somebody on Twitter pointed out Chark was 6’4 I couldn’t believe it I thought he was a Christian Kirk type 

Edited by SimonGruber
  • Like 1