2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

It's a double-edged sword though. 

We have some cap space, we have several needs, we've signed virtually nobody and the market is eventually going to dry up. These are facts. 

Gotta remember, a lot of the same people preaching patience also did the same back in 2017/2018 when the narrative was "We'll be moved to Vegas and FAs will naturally come, so we make these cuts and moves now and be Superbowl contenders by 2022/2023". Except it's now 2022 and nobody in their right mind has us as a legitimate Superbowl contender, the roster is still marginal at best, and the FA boom never actually happened, we made a justifiably questionable decision in hiring a retread HC from a system where failures are plentiful and had his own personal faux pas (Denver/Indy) and a noob GM with very little in terms of FO decision making, questionable exposure to successful drafts in terms of our needs (OL/WR come to mind as oof's for New England), and FA signings that were hardly ever really splash signings. 

Like, not to be overkill, but New England's drafts typically suck lol. They don't have an overly impressive roster that Belichik has managed to keep afloat. McDaniels' drafts sucked in Denver too, which Zeigler had a big part in - Thomas and Decker being the lone exceptions, the first of whom only truly flourished when Peyton Manning came in and wrecked shop, the second of whom flourished with Manning before leaving and falling off the map rather quickly.

Point is, it's perfectly fair and reasonable to question and/or criticize the job these guys do when they haven't earned the right of blind faith yet, given their pasts. And given what has actually transpired, it's fair to wonder.

Have we made offers? 

Have guys even spoken to Zeigler and McDaniels long enough for an offer to be made or are agents and players so wary of them they're not even picking up the phone?

Are we low-balling guys "the Patriot way"? 

Given that neither the HC or GM has ever overseen what would even be considered a "good" FA period or draft, are we sure that they have any clue what they're doing or did they build their resumes courtesy of the greatest HC/GM and QB to ever grace the NFL? 

As most of the worthwhile FAs at positions of need have signed elsewhere and we've actually managed to lose precious depth at those positions in the meantime..... it's beyond fair to grumble and question things. And a lot of people just think that not grumbling and being eternally optimistic are the only way to go....on a football fan message board. 

VERY valid point. Now I'm not trying to be overly negative about this regime but some thing I said when they first got hired was just stating the facts and the history of the patriot Way hasn't work outside of new England. There is a 20 year sample size. 

.I'm not gonna lie this is one of the best post I've heard in a long time. 

Now all of this being said the Defensive tackle they picked up today and cutting Carl Nassib and Cory Littleton have made us a better team with those three moves alone. So I'm pulling for them I just don't wanna hear the built-in excuses 

28 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

A 1st for Adams > better than any player the Raiders could draft in the 1st. Getting an All Pro, future HOF WR 1 would be worth the big $ contract imo.

If he was 26 ill be all in. His age is my biggest issue with trading multiple picks and paying him top market money. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

If he was 26 ill be all in. His age is my biggest issue with trading multiple picks and paying him top market money. 

And he’s been played his whole career with arguably the greatest QB to ever to do it. I love Carr, and obviously they have the college connection but I think it’s safe to assume he’s production will be going down rather than up.