2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

Just now, roi34 said:

vet minimum? and need another for backup because he playing 3 games

True nightmare scenario for me would be him and AB. I could see it happening because of the ties and system knowledge. But I would be LIVID. Brown I could stomach because it would only be for a game or two. AB would maybe have me not watching. 

7 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Anyone know where we are at cap wise? 

5 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

And that is without Littleton and Nassib’s cap savings which doesn’t clear until 6/1, I assume

I think we are pretty close to zero when you take draft picks into account.  We have $34 but that is without the FA signings.  Hard to tell without the contract numbers.  Was Nassib designated as a June 1st cut?  I only saw Littleton as a June 1st.

Just now, drfrey13 said:

I think we are pretty close to zero when you take draft picks into account.  We have $34 but that is without the FA signings.  Hard to tell without the contract numbers.  Was Nassib designated as a June 1st cut?  I only saw Littleton as a June 1st.

Littleton and Nassib account for 19 on top of what we had available. So that money will account for draft picks/in season space. 

Moves I’d still like to see:

RT - Trade one of our two 5ths for Collins and pick swap our 4th’s if necessary, extend to lower 10 mil cap hit.. Worst case, sign Trent, Daryl Williams, Ifedi, Lucas, Cannon or Queesenberry. Good is solid as a swing guard/tackle that can start if needed. Wouldn’t have to focus on RT for day 1/day 2 pick in this case. 

DT - Resign Hankins plus another vet, whether it be Q. Jefferson or Calais Campbell and with Nichols and Billings, would have a nice rotation.. Would be a position I’d consider adding to if Davis or Wyatt are there at #22 to add high end talent but wouldn’t consider it a must-have need pick.

LB - I can see McDaniels/Graham going after someone with Patriot ties for the D, whether it be Van Noy, Collins or Hightower.. One or 2 of them with Perryman and Diablo would have me comfortable with the position heading into the draft, and again would consider adding to at #22 if Dean or Lloyd happened to still be on the board. 

WR - Perfect world would be Adams, but trying to be reasonable in regards to the cap.. Allen Robinson would be next choice, considering he may get less than he anticipated and wouldn’t mind him on a 2-3 year deal at if his market is in the 10-12 mil range.. If all else fails, I’d look at JuJu or Fuller at a 1 yr deal for 6-8 mil and make it highly likely on adding best WR available at #22 overall. 

5 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Yes, Nassib was a designated 6/1 cut as was Littleton, but Kwiatkowski wasn’t.  You can only do that with 2 players a year.

4 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Littleton and Nassib account for 19 on top of what we had available. So that money will account for draft picks/in season space. 

I know we will get a lot from them but the draft picks will only be around $7-8 million.  That is $11-12 we get after June 1st but we still need to be under the cap pretty soon.  So we still have to be careful.

Anyone think Morgan Moses might have taken less money to go Baltimore?

He was born and raised in Richmond, Virginia area, went to Norfolk Military school as a Prep then went to University of Virgina, spent 7 Years in Washington, DC with the Redskins (yeah, I said Redskins) then moved to NY/NJ for 1 years with the Jets.  But he was a late cut (May 20) so there weren’t a ton of options willing to pay what NYJ did or close.  And NJ isn’t THAT far of a car ride/move… 3.5hrs.

When he became a FA he signs for way less then what was expected and it just happens to be Baltimore…. Which is 50 mins from Washington DC.  He very well could have kept his family in Virginia and got an apartment in NJ for the season and traveled back and forth.  

Moses has already made 33M+ playing football.  He nearly retired from football before the 2020 after his father passed.  He has 3 children with his wife.

Add all that up…. And for the difference of 1 maybe 2M per year he might have just taken a discount to go specifically to Baltimore to be near his mom/family and not have to move his family.

https://www.commanders.com/news/morgan-moses-is-loving-his-redskins-life-18018260

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I like Dennis Kelly as a swing tackle/backup RT.  Lucas and Quessenberry signed already.  Eric Fisher moving to RT or Bryan Buluga are the top options and that’s pretty sad.  Billy Turner would be third IMO.  Idk we couldn’t sign Moses…. Kinda ridiculous if you ask me.

I'm with you on Billy Turner at this point.