2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

Just now, raidr4life said:

Jayron Kearse anybody 

I wouldn’t mind him… I’ve always liked him…. But I think we need more of a rangy FS to play 2 High.

I think if you can get 2 FS types (Moehrig being 1) it really makes Moehrig a potential playmaker.  Last season he covered the entire back end, alone.  In 2 High he only has to cover 1/2 the field and with his range he could start picking off a lot of passes.  Plus that coverage scheme let’s a physical corner like Ya-Sin (and others) aggressively  play the press man that Graham likes to run because they know they got help over the top if they get beat deep.

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

Yea that’s what a said… you say off-season, I say year… it’s the same thing.  I mean technically you can’t cut a player with a 6/1 designation during the season but that’s obvious 

2 hours ago, roi34 said:

nick K got outrigjt cut which saved us 7mill.cap

nassib amd littleton were post june 1. 2 is max i believe

Sorry. I combined yours and roi34's comments in my head and was just confirming the 2 per.  

if we go Trent brown has to be incentivr based.. then what you do is sign daryl williams to backup RT and play some guard (which he isnt as good at) but having him as solid depth option especislly RT is valuable. 

• Like 1

For Wr if Arob is out..

Keelan Cole who like Arob has had awful qb played and decent results. 

Landry on cheaper 1 year deal

trade for cooks

trade for lockett or DK 

dunno who else id really want sigh

26 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

It was only a 3 mil savings since he was not a post June 1st release. Raiders saved 7 million when they traded Yannick tho maybe that’s what you saw 

26 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

It was only a 3 mil savings since he was not a post June 1st release. Raiders saved 7 million when they traded Yannick tho maybe that’s what you saw 

nope, still saw articles that said 7 mill.. those were just wrong.

the right number is a tad over 3 mill im reading now. My mistake!

8 hours ago, JarrodR86 said:

Moves I’d still like to see:

RT - Trade one of our two 5ths for Collins and pick swap our 4th’s if necessary, extend to lower 10 mil cap hit.. Worst case, sign Trent, Daryl Williams, Ifedi, Lucas, Cannon or Queesenberry. Good is solid as a swing guard/tackle that can start if needed. Wouldn’t have to focus on RT for day 1/day 2 pick in this case. 

DT - Resign Hankins plus another vet, whether it be Q. Jefferson or Calais Campbell and with Nichols and Billings, would have a nice rotation.. Would be a position I’d consider adding to if Davis or Wyatt are there at #22 to add high end talent but wouldn’t consider it a must-have need pick.

LB - I can see McDaniels/Graham going after someone with Patriot ties for the D, whether it be Van Noy, Collins or Hightower.. One or 2 of them with Perryman and Diablo would have me comfortable with the position heading into the draft, and again would consider adding to at #22 if Dean or Lloyd happened to still be on the board. 

WR - Perfect world would be Adams, but trying to be reasonable in regards to the cap.. Allen Robinson would be next choice, considering he may get less than he anticipated and wouldn’t mind him on a 2-3 year deal at if his market is in the 10-12 mil range.. If all else fails, I’d look at JuJu or Fuller at a 1 yr deal for 6-8 mil and make it highly likely on adding best WR available at #22 overall. 

Austin Johnson is still out there too