2022 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

Mack Hollins, Bryan Edwards, Hunter Renfrow.....

Guys, that is a bottom of the NFL WR corps. 

Not a good look. 

It ain't over.  Trades, draft, FA after more cuts etc.  It isn't looking good.  But it's not over.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Mack Hollins, Bryan Edwards, Hunter Renfrow.....

Guys, that is a bottom of the NFL WR corps. 

Not a good look. 

They’re going to draft someone. Which quietly also has me nervous because of the fact that the patriots have a horrible history of drafting receivers.

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

They’re going to draft someone. Which quietly also has me nervous because of the fact that the patriots have a horrible history of drafting receivers.

Every WR could be on the board at 22, it would still be a bottom tier WR corps as it currently stands. 

We really needed a WR1, rookie, Renfrow, Edwards, WR5 type of room. 

Rookie, Edwards, Renfrow, Hollis, roster fodder...... yikes. 

Desean Jackson's carcass for 5 snaps a game, Jones, Edwards, Renfrow, roster fodder was better than that lol. 

6 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Every WR could be on the board at 22, it would still be a bottom tier WR corps as it currently stands. 

Desean Jackson's carcass for 5 snaps a game, Jones, Edwards, Renfrow, roster fodder was better than that lol. 

I’m Jamison Williams all the way. But I wonder if they’re trying to do the whole patriots receiver thing where they just throw it to a bunch of slot receivers the pass catching running back and the tight end(s). 

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

I’m Jamison Williams all the way. But I wonder if they’re trying to do the whole patriots receiver thing where they just throw it to a bunch of slot receivers the pass catching running back and the tight end(s). 

I hope not. 

I can already hear the complaints of Carr being Captain Checkdown and how he's not good enough to elevate bottom rung WRs

13 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I hope not. 

I can already hear the complaints of Carr being Captain Checkdown and how he's not good enough to elevate bottom rung WRs

That’s what Brady was doing when he was on the patriots. Hell, Mac Jones went to the playoffs doing that. Lol

that said I most certainly hope we get a real receiver

Edited by Jeremy408

15 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I hope not. 

People won't care about checkdowns if they winning and scoring. 4 yard pass on that 3rd down and 7 for a 3 and out is what people will complain about..

• Like 1

A collins signing would be so clutch at this point. It gives you the opportunity to draft a tackle in 3rd or 4th rd and develop him instead of having to force it and take one early. As it stands right now. I assume every mock going to have us taking a wr or tackle In first 2 rounds. With maybe a cb mixed in some mocks. 

54 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

got to make that trade for Cooks then ad Burks then we good.

At this point I’d take a Julio, JuJu or Odell on a 1-2 year deal for the right money, sign Collins/Trent/Ifedi/Fisher/Queesenberry/Turner/Cannon to plug in at RT so at least we have capable starters heading into the draft.. Focus on WR/LB/DT in the early rounds!