Rank the current HC openings

squire12

8 NFL teams with head coaching vacancies.

How do you rate them best <-> worst?

Things to possibly consider….

-- Ownership/ organization stability

-- QB and other player assets 

-- cap situation

-- draft capital

-- division competition/ situation

Miami

Jacksonville 

Houston

Denver

Las Vegas 

NY Giants

Chicago 

Minnesota

Denver - Great Defense, Good weapons on offense, just need a QB

Miami- Great Defense, Good weapons on offense, need an OL and see if Tua is the guy

Las Vegas- Good Defense, Solid pieces on offense, need a few more playmakers and continue to beef up the OL

Minnesota- OL needs work, great offensive weapons, defense ok, could use more playmakers

Chicago- Need an identity to utilize the players you've drafted on offense, defense is good

NY Giants- Stuck in a huge pit with D. Jones and overpaid players. Defense is getting better, OL still needs addressed

Jacksonville- Continually a revolving door, need to bring in a young offensive mind to mold Lawrence, defense has pieces.

Houston- Wow what a mess. Threw away all their star players, have to pray they can get something for Watson.

Job security probably not as good with teams expected to compete now.  I keep seeing Denver and Las Vegas at the top of a lot of these lists, which makes me scratch my head.  You're in a division with Mahomes and Burrow and are not going to get a rebuilding season or two. 

Personally I'd rather go to Jacksonville where I've got a promising young qb, tons of cap space, the #1 pick, low expectations to start, and an owner who has been patient with head coaches who don't embarrass the them off the field 

3 hours ago, Johnny Nix said:

Denver - Great Defense, Good weapons on offense, just need a QB

Miami- Great Defense, Good weapons on offense, need an OL and see if Tua is the guy

Las Vegas- Good Defense, Solid pieces on offense, need a few more playmakers and continue to beef up the OL

Minnesota- OL needs work, great offensive weapons, defense ok, could use more playmakers

Chicago- Need an identity to utilize the players you've drafted on offense, defense is good

NY Giants- Stuck in a huge pit with D. Jones and overpaid players. Defense is getting better, OL still needs addressed

Jacksonville- Continually a revolving door, need to bring in a young offensive mind to mold Lawrence, defense has pieces.

Houston- Wow what a mess. Threw away all their star players, have to pray they can get something for Watson.

I dont understand how you have Miami as #2. Brian Flores had success with that team with a lack of talent. Loads of money not being spent and he still got fired. I would not trust that organization if im looking for job security. If anyone deserved to be fired it was the GM. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Houston and Jacksonville are an absolute mess IMO. If you believe in Lawrence and think somehow Khan isn’t a disaster as an owner, that has some potential I guess.

Advantage to Jags is you get Lawrence and unless you are a complete Urban Meyers mess, Khan will give you time. You have nowhere to go but up. 

16 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

I dont understand how you have Miami as #2. Brian Flores had success with that team with a lack of talent. Loads of money not being spent and he still got fired. I would not trust that organization if im looking for job security. If anyone deserved to be fired it was the GM. 

Same. I don’t think any quality HC candidate is touching Miami 

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Houston and Jacksonville are an absolute mess IMO. If you believe in Lawrence and think somehow Khan isn’t a disaster as an owner, that has some potential I guess.

If Jax canned Baalke, I think all is well there. Khan is a bit of a clown / moron, but I don't believe that he's overly intrusive in the day to day running of the team (Jags fans correct me if I'm wrong) and he's shown a willingness to spend money in the past. 

Denver - Roster is built to win now. They're one of the favorites in the Rodgers/Wilson/Watson sweepstakes.

Las Vegas - Solid roster, decent ownership.

Minnesota - Routine playoff contender despite stale coach. Stable ownership. Division gets a lot easier if Rodgers leaves GB.

Chicago - Roster has some pieces. Fields is an interesting QB with potential. Ownership is very patient and butts out.

NY Giants - Attractive for head coaches that like fixer-uppers but Mara-Tisch are dumb, impatient owners.

Miami - They just fired their head coach despite a winning record and rallying in the second half. Roster is overrated too.

Jacksonville - This would be higher up if Trent Baalke wasn't the GM.

Houston - No, just no. The GM is Littlefinger and probably reads The Prince by Machiavelli every day. Roster is a dumpster fire.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

Really surprised by how many people value the Vegas job that highly. 

Brand new stadium with lots of revenue, and a very good defensive line that creates a lot of pressure. DL’s win championships. Top 3 TE and Best Slot WR in the NFL. A good RB Duo. They just made the playoffs in a tough division.

As for the QB situation, you can either trade Carr for a 1st and 2nd (I would) or roll with him. A good offensive scheme with a good OL and weapons, and Carr can be a Top 12 QB yearly. I’m not a fan of “Top 12” though. But if Jim Harbaugh came, Carr is much better than Alex Smith or Colin Kaepernick, and he turned both of those guys into studs. 

The OL needs to be rebuilt, need a new #1 WR with Ruggs gone, and we need a good LB. This team is not far off from being very good.