The "Let it out" thread

deeluxx3

I cannot bring myself to look back in the GDT (edit - but i did because Im a glutton for pain)

I couldn't even watch the last kick. I had my finger on the remote's power button while I listened

I am heartbroken. I am devastated. I will never, ever be the same as a fan again. None of us will be.

Three main/only culprits, in no order: Tannehill, Vrabel and Downing

Twice in my life have I been an in-tune enough fan to think...this team can win it all. 2008 and 2022. Then our first playoff games were essentially one in the same. A football team incapable of getting out of their own way. Cincy is a very good football team. But we should have won today.

We need to move on from Tannehill. It's QB purgatory.

We lost the game on the 3rd and 1.

Everything went Cincy's way...down to Taylor not getting his TO in time on the final pick. But 10000%, we beat ourselves.

I am shaking. Just awful. We as fans literally follow EVERY SINGLE THING THIS TEAM DOES. I mean look at us...many of us have been on this same forum for 10+ years talking to each other. We watch every game, follow every TC, every practice note, every transaction. It's our addiction and we cannot stop. I just want to see the mountain top. When will we see it?

Edited by deeluxx3
  • Like 1

This loss killed a small bit of my fan hood. It’s just going to be hard for me to ever believe we can legitimately win the Super Bowl after blowing this one. Everything fell perfectly for us and we gave it away. 

My brother is a Vikings fan who was never the same after the blowout loss to the Eagles in the NFC Championship a few years ago. I unfortunately feel in that same spot now.

Edited by TitanSlim

It's funny how this team is always better when I'm not a believer.  The second I hop on the wagon, the second I get positive, we crash.

I feel like I cursed us today.  lol

Should I step back into the shadows and become the villain/anti-hero we need?

Edited by Kookie23

I’m more hurt at the fact that this year was prolly our best chances to make to the super bowl. Our defense was playing lights out and no team seamed unbeatable. We legit beat ourself with turnovers.. I’m honestly sick, I don’t think I can watch anymore games this weekend.

I just feel depressed. I don't think it's normal to be this miserable because a team lost but it's how I feel. Tannehill isn't the man. He was the sole reason for this outcome. Add on the fact we are stuck with him barring a Goff type trade. I'm sick, I'm defeated, I feel hopeless. But this is nothing new. Really hope Kelly is here next year and somehow Wilson too but I'll take just one. 

Also Henry wasn't the same. Foreman should've been getting the rock entire 2nd half too many what ifs. We don't deserve a bowl. 

14 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

franchise-altering loss. we're in full-blown QB purgatory now and are staring an OL rebuild in the face. the window is closed (but it's clear that with tannehill and possibly with downing, it was never really open)

Franchise-altering loss.

for a franchise that seemed to be on their way to truly figuring it out 

absolutely heartbreaking. I haven’t felt this way ever before in my life. The absolute pit of fan despair 

Let's be honest. Being a fan of this team basically means accepting the fact that we're rooting for a loser organization that will never win. And if we root for them, we're willing to accept that.

I don't feel like supporting this organization in any financial manner going forward.

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

Let's be honest. Being a fan of this team basically means accepting the fact that we're rooting for a loser organization that will never win. And if we root for them, we're willing to accept that.

I don't feel like supporting this organization in any financial manner going forward.

It's a culture problem.  "We're tough and we run the ball buh gawd git er done" isn't going to win in the NFL anymore.  Have to gut the boomers that think that way from the organization.  Get new blood.  Get analytics involved.  And you know, a passing attack.

I just want to give up as a fan I’m so deflated 

I love the fans

Ive never met a single one of you but I love you all

I Chili Pepper, Sal from New Jersey, Caden from Florida, Ana from Florida, an so much more 

But man this sucks 

I just want to be young enough to enjoy a SB win but it’s just never going to happen 

We chose Tannehill over the Goat

Its so hard to win a SB

Everytime we play a home game as the 1 seed it’s the same song and dance with the turnovers 

Every week fans complain on Twitter to the networks “Why don’t you show the Titans respect” 

This is why

Titans just don’t know how to go out there and just win we are just always shooting our selves in the foot 

I don’t know where we go from here 

Tannehill is not the answer 

Russell Wilson needs to be priority number 1 this offseason 

We can’t put right release Tannehill but if it comes down to offering Seattle Tannehill or Wentz, I’m sure they would rather Tannehill 

I love you all but this ish sucks big time 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

They wonder why opposing teams take over our stadium. Its because the entire organization are choke artists.

Franchise-altering loss is a really strong statement. Losing in the playoffs is just part of being in the playoffs for all but 1 team every season. It's no more a franchise altering loss than any previous playoff loss we've had. Just as the Packers losing in the NFC title over and over doesn't alter their franchise, or the Colts continually losing in the first half of Peyton's career, etc.

This playoff loss will have 0 impact on the team's future. Just as the losses to Baltimore, Kansas City, New England, Baltimore, New England, Oakland, etc in previous years had no impact on today's game.

Just really silly to look at things that way.

What matters for next year and every year beyond it is how we team build, coach and play in those years. No reason to make things out to be dramatic.

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

Just as the Packers losing in the NFC title over and over doesn't alter their franchise, or the Colts continually losing in the first half of Peyton's career, etc.

well golly gee, i wonder what those two teams have that we don't, and why that might make our circumstances different? lol.

in the most passing-game-centric era in nfl history, we've built our team around a running back whose window of peak effectiveness is rapidly closing, and our QB has failed to compile even one above-average playoff performance in his time here. absolutely nonsensical to compare to the packers or manning-era colts. 

this game will absolutely have an impact on the future because if tannehill had played well and we had made a substantive playoff run, he would've been cemented as our QB probably past his current contract. barring something wildly unlikely next year, he will not be. absolute silliness to deny this.