The "Let it out" thread

deeluxx3

Just now, -Hope- said:

well golly gee, i wonder what those two teams have that we don't, and why that might make our circumstances different? lol.

in the most passing-game-centric era in nfl history, we've built our team around a running back whose window of peak effectiveness is rapidly closing, and our QB has failed to compile even one above-average playoff performance in his time here. absolutely nonsensical to compare to the packers or manning-era colts. 

this game will absolutely have an impact on the future because if tannehill had played well and we had made a substantive playoff run, he would've been cemented as our QB probably past his current contract. barring something wildly unlikely next year, he will not be. absolute silliness to deny this.

WEll it's funny you say they have that when Rodgers and Peyton are considered two of the bigger if not biggest reasons those teams didn't/haven't won more. They've got those things and still had the exact same problem we do: losing in the playoffs. Peyton especially was considered one of, if not the worst playoff QB ever before his defense carried him to a ring in 06.

Tannehill having a good game today wouldn't magically make him a better player. Him having a good run and us winning a super bowl wouldn't have either. Just look at the Ravens with Joe Flacco as a fine example. Tannehill is what he is, a decent/solid but unspectacular player. Whatever he was going to do today had no bearing on that, and if the franchise makes their choice of whether to keep him or get rid of him based on that, then they're fools.

We need an offensive style change in addition to a QB. I know DH is a beast, but this bash it into the line 25 times a game and hopefully he breaks one is way too antiquated. We need to get more current, and dynamic. We need to scheme guys open instead of relying on a big arm QB riffling balls into tight coverage. 

RT is a mid tier QB that can ball out when everything is going well. As pressure mounts, he is typically not going to elevate his game...and I am not talking about week 4 getting the ball down 5 with 1:20 left...I am talking about the games where the offense hasn't done anything, he is not going to elevate the team and overcome 3.5 quartet of bad play. 

I mentioned this after the WK 1 loss, we are a good team that will like never get to a super bowl as constructed. We have a SB level Defense, but our offensive scheme/QB is our limiting factor. 

I feel so bad for so many people 

Yes us the fans I feel terrible for

Honestly they make more money than us, I’ll know own what they own but I feel crappy for some of the guys that cover this team 

Rhett Bryan has been a guy who has covered the Titans from their first days in Nashville so I feel bad for him 

Jim Wyatt is nothing other than a class act I feel bad for him 

Blaine a former player gives his heart and sole into his Titans coverage and roots his butt off along with Dyson Bulluck and many others 

I really never thought our season would end tonight 

11 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Franchise-altering loss is a really strong statement. Losing in the playoffs is just part of being in the playoffs for all but 1 team every season. It's no more a franchise altering loss than any previous playoff loss we've had. Just as the Packers losing in the NFC title over and over doesn't alter their franchise, or the Colts continually losing in the first half of Peyton's career, etc.

This playoff loss will have 0 impact on the team's future. Just as the losses to Baltimore, Kansas City, New England, Baltimore, New England, Oakland, etc in previous years had no impact on today's game.

Just really silly to look at things that way.

What matters for next year and every year beyond it is how we team build, coach and play in those years. No reason to make things out to be dramatic.

Every year/game you say we are being too dramatic, too over-reactionary, etc

and yet we still don’t have a super bowl title

Groundhog Day 

This is a franchise altering loss. This is a genuine “look in the mirror and realize it’s all been a facade” loss

it’s a “this team has been resilient and raised to the occasion all season” season. The season that makes you think HEY! We may have finally figured it out.

and then the big lights come on. One seed. Playoffs. Hosting the divisional game against a team that, while good, you should beat if you’re the real deal. And boy have you done things to make it seems like you’re the real deal this season.

and then you go into the game and, just like 13 years earlier, you put a gun in your mouth and pull the trigger. Not just shoot yourself in the foot. But go-for-2-and-throw-three-picks-and-screw-up-3rd-and-1–and-throw-to-NWI-instead-of-AJ type self destruction. 

It’s been three playoff games in a row where Tanny has failed us. And each got more and more glaring. If realizing that about your franchise-paid QB isn’t a “franchise altering loss”, then send me a plane ticket to the fantasy land you’re living in. Hope Covid isn’t a thing there cuz I’m already sick.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, deeluxx3 said:

Every year/game you say we are being too dramatic, too over-reactionary, etc

and yet we still don’t have a super bowl title

Groundhog Day 

This is a franchise altering loss. This is a genuine “look in the mirror and realize it’s all been a facade” loss

it’s a “this team has been resilient and raised to the occasion all season” season. The season that makes you think HEY! We may have finally figured it out.

and then the big lights come on. One seed. Playoffs. Hosting the divisional game against a team that, while good, you should beat if you’re the real deal. And boy have you done things to make it seems like you’re the real deal this season.

and then you go into the game and, just like 13 years earlier, you put a gun in your mouth and pull the trigger. Not just shoot yourself in the foot. But go-for-2-and-throw-three-picks-and-screw-up-3rd-and-1–and-throw-to-NWI-instead-of-AJ type self destruction. 

It’s been three playoff games in a row where Tanny has failed us. And each got more and more glaring. If realizing that about your franchise-paid QB isn’t a “franchise altering loss”, then send me a plane ticket to the fantasy land you’re living in. Hope Covid isn’t a thing there cuz I’m already sick.

Tannehill playing well today and us winning wouldn't change who or what Tannehill is. I dunno where this idea comes from that if Tannehill suddenly went on a 3 game streak of playing well he evolves in to a different QB. Even if he had done that, he still is what he is.

Perfectly reasonable to think we need to move on and try something else.

But our performance today, Tannehill's performance today, etc, has absolutely nothing to do with how the team will play next year, the year after, etc. Just isn't how the NFL works.

The team might implode and only win a few games next year. Team might show that this year's defensive performance was a fluke and the Vrabel/Bowen combo is a real problem. Tannehill might go off the deep end and not even register as decent next year. Team might win the division again. Team might win a playoff game, or two, or three next year.

No idea.

Today's outcome doesn't impact it though. The only thing winning today, or winning next week, or even winning the super bowl would change is how happy we are as fans and the team would get to celebrate the end of their season instead of being upset by it. Doesn't effect anything we're going to do next year, though.

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

WEll it's funny you say they have that when Rodgers and Peyton are considered two of the bigger if not biggest reasons those teams didn't/haven't won more. They've got those things and still had the exact same problem we do: losing in the playoffs. Peyton especially was considered one of, if not the worst playoff QB ever before his defense carried him to a ring in 06.

Tannehill having a good game today wouldn't magically make him a better player. Him having a good run and us winning a super bowl wouldn't have either. Just look at the Ravens with Joe Flacco as a fine example. Tannehill is what he is, a decent/solid but unspectacular player. Whatever he was going to do today had no bearing on that, and if the franchise makes their choice of whether to keep him or get rid of him based on that, then they're fools.

first things first, this history is pure revisionism. absolutely nobody who's sane considers rodgers to be the reason the packers have only won one super bowl during his tenure. the issues are widely acknowledged to have stemmed from the rift with mccarthy coupled with questionable team building and drafting in recent years. as for peyton, especially early in his tenure having lived in indiana through this entire era it was pretty widely acknowledged that the lack of resources put into the colts' defense was their biggest issue. they were literally THE example of how not to build a balanced team. peyton being "the worst playoff QB ever" is incredible hyperbole- his playoff numbers from 2003 onward range from excellent to okay (and lol, tell me more about how his defense "carried" him through that AFC championship game his SB year).

and anyway, again, the obvious difference here is that rodgers and manning were undoubtedly franchise quarterbacks in the eyes of literally everyone. tannehill is not, so yeah, his awful playoff performances hold weight here. nobody is saying tannehill having a good game today would change who he is as a player. but it will absolutely sway what happens going forward. deny it all you want, say it's foolish all you want. but frankly, it's foolish if you think this won't have an impact on his outlook with the team moving forward.

Tannehill playing well today and us winning wouldn't change who or what Tannehill is. I dunno where this idea comes from that if Tannehill suddenly went on a 3 game streak of playing well he evolves in to a different QB. Even if he had done that, he still is what he is.

But our performance today, Tannehill's performance today, etc, has absolutely nothing to do with how the team will play next year, the year after, etc. Just isn't how the NFL works.

The team might implode and only win a few games next year. Team might show that this year's defensive performance was a fluke and the Vrabel/Bowen combo is a real problem. Tannehill might go off the deep end and not even register as decent next year. Team might win the division again. Team might win a playoff game, or two, or three next year.

No idea.

Today's outcome doesn't impact it though. The only thing winning today, or winning next week, or even winning the super bowl would change is how happy we are as fans and the team would get to celebrate the end of their season instead of being upset by it. Doesn't effect anything we're going to do next year, though.

Today Tannehill showed that he’s a QB who throws three INTs in a home divisional round game 

he has shown an inability to rise to the occasion in his last three playoff games 

our defense might be a fluke. Big Foot might be real. I’ll take my chances on a group that is stocked at proven talent (assuming they return) on the DL will continue to be a unit we can rely on.

To even insinuate Tannehill vs an entire unit is apples to apples doesn’t make sense to me.

QB is a significant point of investment. It’s the single most important position and person on the field. In a league where the sole objective, believe it or not, is to win a super bowl. And ours is consistently showing that he isn’t capable of winning one.

2 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Today Tannehill showed that he’s a QB who throws three INTs in a home divisional round game 

he has shown an inability to rise to the occasion in his last three playoff games 

our defense might be a fluke. Big Foot might be real. I’ll take my chances on a group that is stocked at proven talent (assuming they return) on the DL will continue to be a unit we can rely on.

To even insinuate Tannehill vs an entire unit is apples to apples doesn’t make sense to me.

QB is a significant point of investment. It’s the single most important position and person on the field. In a league where the sole objective, believe it or not, is to win a super bowl. And ours is consistently showing that he isn’t capable of winning one.

QB play is practically as important as an entire unit, so, I do think it compares, but that wasn't even actually my intent, it was just to say I have no idea how good or bad anything will be next year, and however good or bad we were today has no impact on it.

That's a reasonable take to have on Tannehill. It's not reasonable to think a single performance would drastically change that evaluation, though.

7 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

No idea.

It won't alter the franchise, but it will alter the fanbase.  Every year, everyone online who follows the Titans complains about our stadium having so many other fans in the stands.  We finally fill our stadium, it's loud.  The loudest I've heard it in over a decade, and we blow it.

Again.

This is why Nashville doesn't get behind the team during the season.  They have to see it to believe it.  And every time there's a chance to show we're legit, this happens.  I don't blame people for not showing up for games.  Tickets are ******* expensive.  Travel is expensive if you live outside of Nashville.  So you're right that this won't impact the team, but the atmosphere?  Yeah, we're not getting an atmosphere like this again for a while.

When I was a kid, our home atmosphere was legendary.  We had a true home field advantage, because we were pretty legit back then.  Mostly consistent.  It would be really nice to have that again.

9 minutes ago, Kookie23 said:

It won't alter the franchise, but it will alter the fanbase.  Every year, everyone online who follows the Titans complains about our stadium having so many other fans in the stands.  We finally fill our stadium, it's loud.  The loudest I've heard it in over a decade, and we blow it.

Again.

This is why Nashville doesn't get behind the team during the season.  They have to see it to believe it.  And every time there's a chance to show we're legit, this happens.  I don't blame people for not showing up for games.  Tickets are ******* expensive.  Travel is expensive if you live outside of Nashville.  So you're right that this won't impact the team, but the atmosphere?  Yeah, we're not getting an atmosphere like this again for a while.

When I was a kid, our home atmosphere was legendary.  We had a true home field advantage, because we were pretty legit back then.  Mostly consistent.  It would be really nice to have that again.

I don't even agree with this, I don't think. Nashville is just full of bandwagon/homer fans who will only show up for certain games. This team has had 6 straight winning seasons, 4 playoff births in those years, 3 playoff wins and has proven they can put a consistently competitive group on the field. This fan base doesn't care however. The only thing they're going to show up for, ever, is a game like today. And if we're the 1 seed again next year, the stadium will be filled just the same. But that's the only time they're going to care, as they've proven over these past 6 years.

Nashville is no where near what it was during the golden Fisher years. Dunno if it's due to how many people from all over the country have moved here, how much there is to do in Nashville now, or whatever it is, but they just don't care 99% of the time.

Edited by TitanLegend

I don't even agree with this, I don't think. Nashville is just full of bandwagon/homer fans who will only show up for certain games. This team has had 5 straight winning seasons, 4 playoff births in those years, 3 playoff wins and has proven they can put a consistently competitive group on the field. This fan base doesn't care however. The only thing they're going to show up for, ever, is a game like today. And if we're the 1 seed again next year, the stadium will be filled just the same. But that's the only time they're going to care, as they've proven over these past 5 years.

Nashville is no where near what it was during the golden Fisher years. Dunno if it's due to how many people from all over the country have moved here, how much there is to do in Nashville now, or whatever it is, but they just don't care 99% of the time.

Well, I don't live there, so I can't really confirm or deny what you're saying.  But I do know what I hear around town where I live, and it's usually the same sentiment as what I said.  People here would like to be supportive, but they always get their hearts broken.  A lot of "every time I make the trip they blow it" stories.

Sucks man.

I keep thinking back on the pick on the Chester Rogers screen. And how much more frustrating it was because it was to Chester Rogers. Run game is marching us down the field and we decide to throw. Fine. Sure. If it was a screen to AJ and literally the exact same thing happened, I’d be yelling, I’d be upset, but I’d at least be able to understand the thought process.

Same thing with the last offensive play. If the exact same situation happens. Receiver doesn’t come back to the ball, let’s the defender fight through him and tip it up and that’s how you lose. But it happened to AJ. Or Julio. I’d be devastated. But I could make sense of giving your playmakers a chance to make a play (note that both are stronger and better and likely don’t let Eli Apple out-man them). 

Why are we designing and calling plays for players that have made zero impact on the game in the game’s biggest moments. Just why? We run the ball with a timid Derrick 22 times but can’t give AJB more than nine targets when he’s dominating? 

• Like 2