The "Let it out" thread

deeluxx3

Breaking this into two posts because it got long. Tannehill sucked today. Sure. But AJB and Julio were on point. Give them more opportunities. Give Foreman the ball. Have some sort of game feel. It’s the same **** as it’s been the last two playoff games. We won’t adjust. We have a plan, we must run the plan. We’re physical so we must run it. They can’t cover AJ deep, so let’s limit our shot plays to him. Julio wins on intermediate routes, let’s take him off the field on the biggest 3rd and 5 of our lives. I don’t know. It’s all just frustrating.

Your three best offensive players today were clearly AJB, Julio and Foreman. And the three of them finished with exactly as many combined targets and carries as Derrick did. There’s just no sense of game flow. No hint of adapting on the fly based on previous results. And that’s what makes me as concerned about the offense as any individual game from Tannehill.

8 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Breaking this into two posts because it got long. Tannehill sucked today. Sure. But AJB and Julio were on point. Give them more opportunities. Give Foreman the ball. Have some sort of game feel. It’s the same **** as it’s been the last two playoff games. We won’t adjust. We have a plan, we must run the plan. We’re physical so we must run it. They can’t cover AJ deep, so let’s limit our shot plays to him. Julio wins on intermediate routes, let’s take him off the field on the biggest 3rd and 5 of our lives. I don’t know. It’s all just frustrating.

Your three best offensive players today were clearly AJB, Julio and Foreman. And the three of them finished with exactly as many combined targets and carries as Derrick did. There’s just no sense of game flow. No hint of adapting on the fly based on previous results. And that’s what makes me as concerned about the offense as any individual game from Tannehill.

Both Downing and Ryan were terrible, each in their own ways and both as a duo

Absolutely unacceptable performances from both

2 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

I don't even agree with this, I don't think. Nashville is just full of bandwagon/homer fans who will only show up for certain games. This team has had 6 straight winning seasons, 4 playoff births in those years, 3 playoff wins and has proven they can put a consistently competitive group on the field. This fan base doesn't care however. The only thing they're going to show up for, ever, is a game like today. And if we're the 1 seed again next year, the stadium will be filled just the same. But that's the only time they're going to care, as they've proven over these past 6 years.

Nashville is no where near what it was during the golden Fisher years. Dunno if it's due to how many people from all over the country have moved here, how much there is to do in Nashville now, or whatever it is, but they just don't care 99% of the time.

They aren't bandwagon fans. We love the team here. 

Now do they go to the stadium every week. No. 

TV ratings locally always are absurdly high. 

People don't want to sit in the cold, rain, heat and watch them do things like tonight. That's when they sell their tickets.

A lot of 3rd party people bought season tickets and bundle them with the Airbnb stays. 

So you can book a place to stay and get tickets. 

City is a tourist town now. And so many people have moved here who aren't from here. 

Them consistently disappointing when they have everything laid out for them is what make people not want to hop blindly with them. 

That colts play in game. Last year's playoff game. This hears playoff game. 2008's playoff game. 

It's engrained into the fabric of this city that the Titans will disappoint you when you want to believe the most.  Which is why nobody ever truly feels comfortable with the teams success.  It's always a BUT. 

They play a style of football that makes you feel you will never truly dominate a game. 

Offense always plays these field goal games and we come up on the bad end often. 

This is more a vent than anything. 

I can't tell you how many Titan flags jerseys I saw today. 

But all that good energy wasted. 

19 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Nothing you said is wrong. 

But I just will add why force that pass. He got away with a couple times this year. (Forcing it to NWI and he made some great catches.) 

I just will never forgive him for that pass or the first one. 

His decision making was a 4 out of 10 all year. 

He was off Target today too. Behind on the pass to AJ. Was behind a couple times to Julio even though he caught it. 

Misses another long throw to AJ. 

For a guy that is supposed to and used to be able to capitalize on making those throws he blew it this year. 

And yes. He was the only constant on offense this year.  

He was also one of the biggest liabilities too. I haven't had so little faith in our passer in a while. Everytime he dropped back I wondered if he was about to make a stupid mistake again. 

Yea that’s my problem with playcalling and personnel use.. We always seem to take our best players out in key situations. There’s no reason why Julio and AJ should have ever left the field on that last drive, let alone have to depend on an undrafted guy to make a big play in a critical situation. The thought process honestly makes no sense to me.. we kept trying to feed Henry(I get it) but clearly Foreman was the hot hand running ball and AJ was unstoppable all game so why not try to scheme him or Julio open on that last drive. Hella frustrating with the game right there in our grasp

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

But I just will add why force that pass. He got away with a couple times this year. (Forcing it to NWI and he made some great catches.) 

Because he’s the first read and if NWI comes out of his break hard, and uses his hands to attack the ball like an NFL receiver is supposed to, it’s a very catchable pass. He’s supposed to have confidence in his receivers to make that kind of play. Now, I’d argue that he shouldn’t have confidence in NWI to make that play, but that’s a design and coaching issue by putting him in that position.

My question would be why you have literally every route on that play running towards the primary target. AJ’s route was taking him straight to NWI. It’s like we called a play for a mediocre receiver and then designed it to bring as much traffic to him as possible. All while the surefire HOF that had caught his last six targets watched from the sideline.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

Because he’s the first read and if NWI comes out of his break hard, and uses his hands to attack the ball like an NFL receiver is supposed to, it’s a very catchable pass. He’s supposed to have confidence in his receivers to make that kind of play. Now, I’d argue that he shouldn’t have confidence in NWI to make that play, but that’s a design and coaching issue by putting him in that position.

My question would be why you have literally every route on that play running towards the primary target. AJ’s route was taking him straight to NWI. It’s like we called a play for a mediocre receiver and then designed it to bring as much traffic to him as possible. All while the surefire HOF that had caught his last six targets watched from the sideline.

Went and finally looked.
Firsker is wide open after a slow leak on that play.
Hillard is open as a check down at the top. 
Hilliard could have gained and stepped out maybe get a first down.
Firsker would have been a first down.
He never came off of NWI. 
Didn't even look AJ's way.

I don't know the progression. Perhaps you right.
But he has done this all year. Locked on a guy no matter what. Some success mostly failure.

Sorry in my mind Tanny blew this game. 

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Went and finally looked.
Firsker is wide open after a slow leak on that play.
Hillard is open as a check down at the top. 
Hilliard could have gained and stepped out maybe get a first down.
Firsker would have been a first down.
He never came off of NWI. 
Didn't even look AJ's way.

But he has done this all year. Locked on a guy no matter what. Some success mostly failure.

Sorry in my mind Tanny blew this game. 

He did blow the game. He threw three interceptions and also missed a lot of throws.

an abysmal performance. We will not — cannot — win a super bowl with him. It’s heartbreaking 

Just now, KingTitan said:

He’s done this for three years, it’s what he’s asked to do in this offense. A lot of hit the top of your drop, step up and throw to a spot on essentially a one-read throw. It’s what made him great his first two years and it’s burned us a number of times this year (including the first play today, where the design was entirely built on the safety being moved by the PA and when he wasn’t the play was doomed). But it’s what he’s asked to do. He looks the LB off to give himself a window and fires to a point. His receiver just gets out worked.

He could’ve came off NWI and went to Firk. In retrospect, that’s his best option, even if Firk has shown an inability to turn the two yard crosser into five yards multiple times this year. But its a disaster because Nick doesn’t run a good route, can’t sell the DB on going deep, and then stops and waits for the ball instead of stepping into it hands first. He/Downing simply had more faith in NWI to make a stronger and better play than he’s shown he’s capable of. Kind of like the Steelers game.

15 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Nothing you said is wrong. 

I just will never forgive him for that pass or the first one. 

His decision making was a 4 out of 10 all year. 

He was off Target today too. Behind on the pass to AJ. Was behind a couple times to Julio even though he caught it. 

Misses another long throw to AJ. 

For a guy that is supposed to and used to be able to capitalize on making those throws he blew it this year. 

And yes. He was the only constant on offense this year.  

He was also one of the biggest liabilities too. I haven't had so little faith in our passer in a while. Everytime he dropped back I wondered if he was about to make a stupid mistake again. 

Exactly. This is how I felt, and this is when you know a guy is not the answer. I hate saying that because I love Ryan as a person. He's had a great run here, but if we are going to ever make a legitimate run in this window then we have to get a whole hell of a lot more out of our QB.

I feel like one of our biggest fundamental flaws is that our entire team is built around a RB in a passing league. Derrick is an amazing player and should continue to be a cornerstone of our franchise, but we need to find a QB that can take over a game in his own right. If a defense is selling out against the run it's okay because our QB can put the team on his back and win the big game. 

Our defense was outstanding today. One good drive from Ryan at the end of the game would've had us in the AFC Championship game. Hell one good drive from him at any other point in the game probably would've won us the game. He's been off in the biggest of moments, and we really need to take some time and evaluate where we want to head with the QB position going forward, because right now the QB play is limiting our ceiling as an organization along with the atrocious offensive playcalling.

I’ve watched the play maybe 30 times at this point because I’m a masochist. When Tannehill releases the ball, NWI is at the 46, with Apple one or two steps behind him. When Apple tips it, NWI is still firmly planted at the 46. That’s the problem. He removed the window by standing still instead of coming back to the ball. Apple can’t fight through him if he’s moving forward with his arms extended, and if he does, you probably draw PI. But he didn’t. He let Apple close by not hard selling the route or attacking the football.

It happened a ton this year. Tannehill obviously had some terrible passes. He wasn’t great for most of the season. But this happened over and over again. Getting completely killed on plays where he gave receivers a chance to create something. Either because of drops. Or sloppy routes. Or not finishing plays.

The problem being that when you do this with AJB, Julio, Corey Davis or even Jonnu or Humphries, you’re frequently rewarded, so it looks great. Decisive. Successful. When you do it with Nick Westbrook, Chester Rogers, Dez Fitzpatrick and Geoff Swaim, it ends in incompletions and interceptions and now you’re killing drives and ruining seasons.

4 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

Exactly. This is how I felt, and this is when you know a guy is not the answer. I hate saying that because I love Ryan as a person. He's had a great run here, but if we are going to ever make a legitimate run in this window then we have to get a whole hell of a lot more out of our QB.

I feel like one of our biggest fundamental flaws is that our entire team is built around a RB in a passing league. Derrick is an amazing player and should continue to be a cornerstone of our franchise, but we need to find a QB that can take over a game in his own right. If a defense is selling out against the run it's okay because our QB can put the team on his back and win the big game. 

Our defense was outstanding today. One good drive from Ryan at the end of the game would've had us in the AFC Championship game. Hell one good drive from him at any other point in the game probably would've won us the game. He's been off in the biggest of moments, and we really need to take some time and evaluate where we want to head with the QB position going forward, because right now the QB play is limiting our ceiling as an organization along with the atrocious offensive playcalling.

I think having a run approach is ok. Playoffs show you can't just line up and throw it 40 times. Even if Bengals won, they wouldn't have won if we had good QB play. 
If you going to run the ball like us or the Ravens or Niners, then you need a QB that can make the throw when called upon. 

Lamar is a bad passing QB in my opinion. Jimmy is SOOOOOOooo limited and Ryan has shown now that he can't make the throws consistently.  

But also maybe teams are run first because they don't have a QB. 

And even in a two-minute drill with the season on the line, we were still calling plays designed to put us in third and medium. If you have real concerns about your QB, maybe constantly asking him to convert four or five third downs on every scoring drive isn’t a great offensive scheme.

4 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I’ve watched the play maybe 30 times at this point because I’m a masochist. When Tannehill releases the ball, NWI is at the 46, with Apple one or two steps behind him. When Apple tips it, NWI is still firmly planted at the 46. That’s the problem. He removed the window by standing still instead of coming back to the ball. Apple can’t fight through him if he’s moving forward with his arms extended, and if he does, you probably draw PI. But he didn’t. He let Apple close by not hard selling the route or attacking the football.

I know we watching the same play. But we have different views. lol

And this is a let it out thread so you don't have to defend you stance.

I just hate it all. 
Shouldn't have been in that position

Looking at that play.

There are 4 Bengals around the ball, which is never good. NWI could have been better but given the situation the risk for that throw didn't warrant making the throw. With 4 Bengals around, if was in complete the chances of a tip INT are too great. 
Playing zone. Firsker open underneath for at least 4-5 yards and a first down. 

And it might be me looking frame by frame, but it looked like he could have hit AJ coming behind Apple/NWI for a gain going toward the sideline. 

I will go all off-season feeling he never should have made that throw.