The "Let it out" thread

deeluxx3

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

Mostly though football is stupid and I hate it.

Agreed.

Why I subject myself to watching this damn sport where only one team can claim a successful season.

Why couldn't I get into a NBA team like this. At least it takes 4 stupid games to get beat,

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I think having a run approach is ok. Playoffs show you can't just line up and throw it 40 times. Even if Bengals won, they wouldn't have won if we had good QB play. 
If you going to run the ball like us or the Ravens or Niners, then you need a QB that can make the throw when called upon. 

Lamar is a bad passing QB in my opinion. Jimmy is SOOOOOOooo limited and Ryan has shown now that he can't make the throws consistently.  

But also maybe teams are run first because they don't have a QB. 

Yeah I agree. A run first approach can work just fine, but we need to find a QB that can make those big time throws consistently. Ryan has been wildly inconsistent all year long. Honestly, I don't think he's been comfortable with Downing at all. Just don't think they mesh. I don't think Downing really understands how to call games to Ryan's strengths, but that's a totally different discussion. 

We're just unfortunately severely limited with this Tannehill/Downing combo on offense. We have to find a QB that can take some of the pressure off of the run game and actually have defenses game planning for our QB instead of just "daring our QB to beat them" 

I'm curious what route we'll take this offseason at the QB position. I don't see Ryan going anywhere, but I also think once you realize that your starting QB isn't the answer, you should look into every possible scenario that's out there to improve at that spot ASAP especially with the way that our team is built. I know his contract is going to make it difficult, but the Rams and Eagles both moved much bigger contracts with Goff and Wentz, so it is possible if we see a better solution out there.

Shocking tbh. You all have said everything. I really thought we had a chance to at least make it and with a trip to the afc championship in our laps we throw it to NWI... W T F like come one AJ Julio or check down im sorry. And Foreman was killing it and NAHHHH we HAVE to run the king lol

Def was AMAZING to lose with nine sacks is extra stupid and people need to be fired imo

53 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Both Downing and Ryan were terrible, each in their own ways and both as a duo

Absolutely unacceptable performances from both

9 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I’ve watched the play maybe 30 times at this point because I’m a masochist. When Tannehill releases the ball, NWI is at the 46, with Apple one or two steps behind him. When Apple tips it, NWI is still firmly planted at the 46. That’s the problem. He removed the window by standing still instead of coming back to the ball. Apple can’t fight through him if he’s moving forward with his arms extended, and if he does, you probably draw PI. But he didn’t. He let Apple close by not hard selling the route or attacking the football.

It happened a ton this year. Tannehill obviously had some terrible passes. He wasn’t great for most of the season. But this happened over and over again. Getting completely killed on plays where he gave receivers a chance to create something. Either because of drops. Or sloppy routes. Or not finishing plays. 

It was as simple as he had firkser open for a 6 yarder.

Tannehill stares down receivers. He has been doing it all year.

It's really not that complicated. You want to blame Downing, sure that's fine. But Tannehill has no feel for the game. His interceptions we're robotically bad. Just like he has no pocket presence. His game feel is just not on the level of Superbowl qb.

Why are we overcomplicating this. 

It sucks. But he is who we thought he was. 

And trying to paint this beautiful picture around him is more risky than actually figuring something else out.

I also can't stand the takes that say, "well what other options do you have"

I sure he'll don't want the option that continues to lead us to the playoffs and loses in heart breaking fashion.

Just now, SerenityNow said:

Yeah I agree. A run first approach can work just fine, but we need to find a QB that can make those big time throws consistently. Ryan has been wildly inconsistent all year long. Honestly, I don't think he's been comfortable with Downing at all. Just don't think they mesh. I don't think Downing really understands how to call games to Ryan's strengths, but that's a totally different discussion. 

We're just unfortunately severely limited with this Tannehill/Downing combo on offense. We have to find a QB that can take some of the pressure off of the run game and actually have defenses game planning for our QB instead of just "daring our QB to beat them" 

I'm curious what route we'll take this offseason at the QB position. I don't see Ryan going anywhere, but I also think once you realize that your starting QB isn't the answer, you should look into every possible scenario that's out there to improve at that spot ASAP especially with the way that our team is built. I know his contract is going to make it difficult, but the Rams and Eagles both moved much bigger contracts with Goff and Wentz, so it is possible if we see a better solution out there.

We might draft an Day 2 QB.  No 2nd or 4th (?) because of Juilo. So maybe draft one in the 3rd. 
Tannehill is our QB next year at the least. Maybe we can have a Jimmy G situation with our mid round QB. Where everyone knows he is a lame duck...

What are we saying.....It's gonna be Tannehill and Woodside again. 

• Like 1

Marcus had 4 years. He was given a halo for taking us from 2-14 to playoff wins. He was a great guy. We loved him. I loved him.
Which made it too hard to move on from him when we probably should have. 

Tannehill took us to an AFC championship. Had our offense reach heights we never seen. 

But we have to know when that resource has been tapped out. 

If we do something like start 1-3/1-4 with Tannehill still doing the same. Maybe 6TDs and 5 INTs and a fumble or two what will we do? What can we do?

Its a very lost feeling. 

5 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

It was as simple as he had firkser open for a 6 yarder.

Tannehill stares down receivers. He has been doing it all year.

It's really not that complicated. You want to blame Downing, sure that's fine. But Tannehill has no feel for the game. His interceptions we're robotically bad. Just like he has no pocket presence. His game feel is just not on the level of Superbowl qb.

Why are we overcomplicating this. 

It sucks. But he is who we thought he was. 

And trying to paint this beautiful picture around him is more risky than actually figuring something else out.

I also can't stand the takes that say, "well what other options do you have"

I sure he'll don't want the option that continues to lead us to the playoffs and loses in heart breaking fashion.

The thing is, it’s not that he’s been staring down receivers all year. It’s that he’s been staring down receivers for three years. It was a staple of the Arthur Smith offense. Throws being predetermined before the snap has literally been a thing since he became the starter. A huge part of his success in 2019-2020 was based on looking off LBs and creating a window to the one read that he was always going to go to. Our route combinations are just worse and the offense is just more predictable than ever. And our receivers are often times just bad.

Now, if you want to argue that plays are designed this way because we don’t trust Tannehill to make checks at the line and stand in the pocket and move through reads effectively. Ok. Sure. I’m open to it. But that doesn’t change the fact that he’s running the play as designed. The Julio pick was the same thing (though on that play, I’m certainly willing to say that he has to at least recognize the safety not being moved by the PA). But it was certainly a designed one-read throw that Downing thought would be open to start the game.

But when this play was initially designed, it was meant for Tannehill to move the backer and make the throw. That’s the play. 

I don’t have an answer for what to do. I don’t have faith in Downing. And I don’t have faith in Tannehill to elevate beyond Downing. But I also recognize that there are only two QBs with the potential to elevate the offense to greater heights than Ryan, and for the most part that’s because I think they’d have the confidence and pull to have more say in the design of offense. And we’re not going to get either of them.

My only hope is that we add some athleticism. A third receiver and a NFL quality tight end. Because, like it or hate it, Tannehill is our QB next year. We’re not eating $60 million to release him and we’re not taking on more salary to replace him with a different average to above average QB. And the only way I see a chance for even a minor fundamental change in offensive philosophy is if the receiver personnel is so good that it feels like a waste to not take advantage of it.

20 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

The thing is, it’s not that he’s been staring down receivers all year. It’s that he’s been staring down receivers for three years. It was a staple of the Arthur Smith offense. Throws being predetermined before the snap has literally been a thing since he became the starter. A huge part of his success in 2019-2020 was based on looking off LBs and creating a window to the one read that he was always going to go to. Our route combinations are just worse and the offense is just more predictable than ever. And our receivers are often times just bad.

Now, if you want to argue that plays are designed this way because we don’t trust Tannehill to make checks at the line and stand in the pocket and move through reads effectively. Ok. Sure. I’m open to it. But that doesn’t change the fact that he’s running the play as designed. The Julio pick was the same thing (though on that play, I’m certainly willing to say that he has to at least recognize the safety not being moved by the PA). But it was certainly a designed one-read throw that Downing thought would be open to start the game.

But when this play was initially designed, it was meant for Tannehill to move the backer and make the throw. That’s the play. 

I think you are looking at it too technically also. Players also need to have game sense.

Tannehills interception on the screen to Rogers was just a picture perfect painting of his ability to have any sort of game sense or feel ok what was happening.

That's when you see quarterbacks of a slightly higher caliber simply react and make the better play accordingly. Throw it into the dirt. Or take a sack, that's a win!

I am not absolving our play calling and strategy totally. But players who elevate their team have the ability to sense situations and feelings and adjust to not let the situation implode. He was pitiful on offense today from that standpoint. If he just get out of his own way we win. 

3 interceptions. All unacceptable.

All of his interceptions today we're his inability to feel the game flow. We could have punted in all those situations and just passively won the game. 

He is a PROBLEM. And not in a good way.

Edited by twotonebluenation
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

My only hope is that we add some athleticism. A third receiver and a NFL quality tight end. Because, like it or hate it, Tannehill is our QB next year. We’re not eating $60 million to release him and we’re not taking on more salary to replace him with a different average to above average QB. And the only way I see a chance for even a minor fundamental change in offensive philosophy is if the receiver personnel is so good that it feels like a waste to not take advantage of it.

The way Vrabel was able to replace our best player and deal with the plethora of injuries and still get us to a number one seed, hell I wouldn't mind releasing him and seeing what Vrabel could do.

Never would happen but I wouldn't mind it.

What's the worst case? We have a top 15 pick and get a qb the following year?

I had my doubts about Tannehill this year but was willing to see this postseason through because of our d uprising and health returning.

But if you believe in Tannehill after that game.

God damn. You must enjoy misery.

It’s incredible to me that we’ve spent over a decade complaining about our pass rush. Begging for pressure. Being held back by a failure to impact the QB. And in what might be our best opportunity since 08, the pass rush comes through better than anyone could possibly imagine aaand…we lose.

2 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

The way Vrabel was able to replace our best player and deal with the plethora of injuries and still get us to a number one seed, hell I wouldn't mind releasing him and seeing what Vrabel could do.

Never would happen but I wouldn't mind it.

What's the worst case? We have a top 15 pick and get a qb the following year?

I had my doubts about Tannehill this year but was willing to see this postseason through because of our d uprising and health returning.

But if you believe in Tannehill after that game.

God damn. You must enjoy misery.

The worst case is we start Logan Woodside or some other bad QB, tank out hard, chase away AJB (who would have every reason to want to leave in this scenario), Simmons and Fulton who don’t want to spend the prime of their careers on a loser, and watch the entire foundation of the franchise collapse.

I find the idea of tanking following a year in which we had the 1 seed and went 12-5 while rostering the most players in NFL history infinitely more miserable than seeing if Tannehill can bounce back and, if not, being able to get rid of him without crippling the franchise’s cap situation for years to come.