Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dr.O

2018 Mock Thread

Recommended Posts

On 11/11/2017 at 4:01 PM, xenajets said:

I’m officially on the Lamar Jackson bandwagon so any mock with him is a good one  

Me too man. He is a freak of nature 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MoLewis57 said:

Me too man. He is a freak of nature 

He will be long gone by the time we pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

He will be long gone by the time we pick.

Idk about that we could easily pick top 10-12 and Darnold and Rosen will still more than likely go ahead of him. Really the team to watch is Denver if they don't trust Paxton's development.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

Idk about that we could easily pick top 10-12 and Darnold and Rosen will still more than likely go ahead of him. Really the team to watch is Denver if they don't trust Paxton's development.

Dr. I think good teams that are going to need a QB in the near future might try to move up to get a QB in one of the top 8 picks. Plus you have teams right now need a QB, like us, and  Arizona, Denver. At this time I would be happy with Darnold, Rosen, Jackson, or Mayfield.  Before the Jets do anything we must first find out what we got with Petty,  & Hack.  But we will only find out if they play, and that looks like that will never happen, as long as Bowles is coach.

.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Dr. I think good teams that are going to need a QB in the near future might try to move up to get a QB in one of the top 8 picks. Plus you have teams right now need a QB, like us, and  Arizona, Denver. At this time I would be happy with Darnold, Rosen, Jackson, or Mayfield.  Before the Jets do anything we must first find out what we got with Petty,  & Hack.  But we will only find out if they play, and that looks like that will never happen, as long as Bowles is coach.

.

We really don't need to tbh we know what we have in Petty(Maybe a decent back up) and Hack(guy who is alllllllllonnnngggg way from being anything in this league). When it comes to it teams most likely to take Qbs before or near us are Cleveland, Giants, Denver and maybe Arizona depending on Carson/Arians. I'm confident that we can snag our guy even if we have to use maybe Seattles 2nd to move up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Jackson is quite a bit better than Mayfield in my eyes.

I think I prefer Jackson to Mayfield also.

After looking at some more tape of Mayfield I don’t think I can justify drafting a big 12 QB. It’s just too risky and different from the pro game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

I think I prefer Jackson to Mayfield also.

After looking at some more tape of Mayfield I don’t think I can justify drafting a big 12 QB. It’s just too risky and different from the pro game. 

There aren't too many QBs from the Big 12 currently starting in the NFL. Definitely a risk. I think both QBs come with some risk though. Lamar Jackson runs a lot of read-options. Hopefully Jackson can put on some weight while still maintaining his superhuman athleticism. He looks thinner than Vick and Vick only had 1 year where he didn't miss a game. Vick had that dog fighting issue; so, hard to guess what his career could have been. In either case, we have to address the offensive line. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dr.O said:

We really don't need to tbh we know what we have in Petty(Maybe a decent back up) and Hack(guy who is alllllllllonnnngggg way from being anything in this league). When it comes to it teams most likely to take Qbs before or near us are Cleveland, Giants, Denver and maybe Arizona depending on Carson/Arians. I'm confident that we can snag our guy even if we have to use maybe Seattles 2nd to move up

Yea I forgot about that # 2 pick, to get one of those 4 QB's I am for that, plus our # 1 pick. I also think the Giants will go after one of the QB's. It will be horrible if after having Manning for 15 years they get one of the best QB's in the country and we get nothing. No matter what happens I Sure Bowles would like to have McCown for another year. We wasted 2 years with Fitz and  one year with McCown and I am sure it will be McCown next year. I said a month ago that the AFL is up for grabs, now a month later there or only 6 teams in the Afl conference that are over 500.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got us trading for Jacoby Brissett in my current mock just haven’t decided the pick. 

How would you guys feel about that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I got us trading for Jacoby Brissett in my current mock just haven’t decided the pick. 

How would you guys feel about that?

Give them Mo...lol but idk personally I doubt with all the questions about Lucks future and durability that they'd trade a young QB like him. I like him tho.

Edited by Dr.O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Give them Mo...lol but idk personally I doubt with all the questions about Lucks future and durability that they'd trade a young QB like him. I like him tho.

Yeah it’s presuming Luck is healthy and they utilize the draft capital to sure up their Line issues.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I got us trading for Jacoby Brissett in my current mock just haven’t decided the pick. 

How would you guys feel about that?

i am a fan of him. big kid, solid pedigree, he can play and Bill Parcells endorses him. Either way our goal this offseason has to be O-Line and D-Line so we can run the ball again and finally able to rush the passer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Yeah it’s presuming Luck is healthy and they utilize the draft capital to sure up their Line issues.

 

I'd honestly be all for him if we could come up with a way to get him with out giving up either of our 2nds this year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×