2018 Mock Thread

Dr.O

WR was really a luxury more so than a need.  I almost wanted to go with Martavis Bryant but tried to stay away because of the attitude and our culture change.  I was unaware of Watkins attitude issues.  As for Watkins leaving I think they certainly could keep him but maybe they prefer to keep Johnson who has been solid this year and let Watkins go as they paid Austin already and have two other good WR's in Woods and Kupp.  I could certainly live without a WR in FA but maybe a 1-year prove it deal for Bryant might be better since he'll come cheaper and we can cut him with no ramifications if he acts up.  

2 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

WR was really a luxury more so than a need.  I almost wanted to go with Martavis Bryant but tried to stay away because of the attitude and our culture change.  I was unaware of Watkins attitude issues.  As for Watkins leaving I think they certainly could keep him but maybe they prefer to keep Johnson who has been solid this year and let Watkins go as they paid Austin already and have two other good WR's in Woods and Kupp.  I could certainly live without a WR in FA but maybe a 1-year prove it deal for Bryant might be better since he'll come cheaper and we can cut him with no ramifications if he acts up.  

I would honestly be happy with a similar off-season to yours so well done. I dont know if they will add a receiver with QE coming back and the emergence of Robby A, and wow what a pleasant surprise Kearse has been. Mac raped them on that deal. I would love to add that C from the Giants though, and then focus on CB and a pass rusher. Well see where we go with QB but i will even admit, the idea of Cousins is interesting, just soooo much money for a guy with a .500 record as a starter. IF it even costs a pick it immediately becomes no worth it. I am excited for this offseason though!

8 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

I really don't want Martavis Bryant because I feel like we have our speed guy in Robby Anderson. I don't think they traded a 2nd round pick for a one year rental on Watkins. For me I'd roll the dice on a Paul Richardson on a one year deal or Jarvis Landry but I'd be on board with Le'Veon if there is a chance we could get him. I just feel like WR is not an area we need to invest too heavily in.

8 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Allen Robinson is the guy I want. But others like Landry, Moncrief, Adams and Lee are also guys I like.

resign all key FA

Cut Mo, Ijalana, Skrine, Forte

Sign Richburg/Jensen, Trumaine Johnson

Draft:

R1: Lamar Jackson QB Louisville

R2: Ronald Jones RB USC

R2: Trenton Thompson DL Georgia

R3: Porter Gustin DE/OLB USC

R4: Brad Bozeman G/C Alabama

R5: Jaylen Samuels FB N.C. State

R6: Deion Harris CB North Dakota

R7: Dave Bright OT Stanford

15 hours ago, Dr.O said:

resign all key FA

Cut Mo, Ijalana, Skrine, Forte

Sign Richburg/Jensen, Trumaine Johnson

Draft:

R1: Lamar Jackson QB Louisville

R2: Ronald Jones RB USC

R2: Trenton Thompson DL Georgia

R3: Porter Gustin DE/OLB USC

R4: Brad Bozeman G/C Alabama

R5: Jaylen Samuels FB N.C. State

R6: Deion Harris CB North Dakota

R7: Dave Bright OT Stanford

Love Jackson as I've said many times so you start off great but you lost me on a DT in round 2.  Make it a LT or C and I'd be much happier.  Overall solid though.  

A Jackson/Jones QB/RB combo is explosive. 

On 12/7/2017 at 9:55 AM, Rockice_8 said:

Love Jackson as I've said many times so you start off great but you lost me on a DT in round 2.  Make it a LT or C and I'd be much happier.  Overall solid though.  

A Jackson/Jones QB/RB combo is explosive. 

Whole reason I gave us a DT/DL is because I don't believe Ealy is a starting 5Tech, need to replace Wilkerson. Had us signing one of Richburg/Jensen so C would be covered. I'd like to wait on LT till next year unless there's killer value there, Beachum has played well enough that I'm comfortable with him as our starter without adding someone there.

Hypothetical situation

Say the Jets lose out, end up with the 8th pick. Assume that the final draft order has CLE 1 and either SF/IND at 2. Kirk Cousins is NOT signed by the Jets and Petty/Hackenberg do little to convince the Jets they have futures as starting QBs in the final 3 games. 

Would you be on-board with the Jets sending a package that includes their 1st, 2nd, and 2019 1st in order to move up for who they perceive to be the top signal caller in the draft?

3 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Hypothetical situation

Say the Jets lose out, end up with the 8th pick. Assume that the final draft order has CLE 1 and either SF/IND at 2. Kirk Cousins is NOT signed by the Jets and Petty/Hackenberg do little to convince the Jets they have futures as starting QBs in the final 3 games. 

Would you be on-board with the Jets sending a package that includes their 1st, 2nd, and 2019 1st in order to move up for who they perceive to be the top signal caller in the draft?

Absolutely.  If we thought Darnold or Rosen was the future for the next 15 years I wouldn't think twice.  I would also be thrilled to sit back at let one of Jackson or Mayfield fall to us.  I think all 4 have franchise QB potential and I think Morton has the ability to put all in a position to succeed.

1 minute ago, Rockice_8 said:

Absolutely.  If we thought Darnold or Rosen was the future for the next 15 years I wouldn't think twice.  I would also be thrilled to sit back at let one of Jackson or Mayfield fall to us.  I think all 4 have franchise QB potential and I think Morton has the ability to put all in a position to succeed.

I'm not so sure Mayfield will fall very far. There are a lot of things people will need to comb through (size, on-off field character) but I tend to trust Adam Schefter whenever he has some type of draft news. He recently insinuated that Baker will be among the top picks in the draft. CLE, NYG, and DEN are teams I project to be drafting ahead of us, and if Darnold were to return to school, there's no guarantee you'd be landing a top 2 guy. 

In regards to Jackson, I don't know what to think about him. He's an electrifying talent, but sources say he's more raw than Pat Mahomes was a year ago. He's the closest we've seen to Michael Vick since he came out. My worry with him is not whether he can be an electrifying talent, it's how long (if ever) he can transition his game to become a pocket passer. Ultimately, I think Jackson will replicate what Cam Newton has done in the NFL in terms of his electric but inconsistent play. My issue with that is he doesn't have the size and strength of Cam, which will inevitably lead to more injuries. 

Just now, jetskid007 said:

I'm not so sure Mayfield will fall very far. There are a lot of things people will need to comb through (size, on-off field character) but I tend to trust Adam Schefter whenever he has some type of draft news. He recently insinuated that Baker will be among the top picks in the draft. CLE, NYG, and DEN are teams I project to be drafting ahead of us, and if Darnold were to return to school, there's no guarantee you'd be landing a top 2 guy. 

In regards to Jackson, I don't know what to think about him. He's an electrifying talent, but sources say he's more raw than Pat Mahomes was a year ago. He's the closest we've seen to Michael Vick since he came out. My worry with him is not whether he can be an electrifying talent, it's how long (if ever) he can transition his game to become a pocket passer. Ultimately, I think Jackson will replicate what Cam Newton has done in the NFL in terms of his electric but inconsistent play. My issue with that is he doesn't have the size and strength of Cam, which will inevitably lead to more injuries. 

Well DEN plays INDY so if they win and we lose out I think that we can draft ahead of them.  Jumping them would be nice.  Obviously things change if Darnold stays but we don't know at the moment.  Jackson is a polarizing talent for sure but I think at worst I think he can be a Tyrod Taylor-esque QB if healthy.  Morton's offense should work well with Jackson so if we do land in the 6-8 range and the other 3 are gone why not swing for the fences on a guy who has the ability to be an elite weapon at QB.  It could crash and burn like RGIII or it could be the second coming of Vick with better passing but considering we are desperate take a shot on a guy with a limitless ceiling who has shown improvement as a passer already from last year to this year.

Archived