2018 Mock Thread

Dr.O

3 hours ago, jetskid007 said:

Regardless how you feel about Bowles, it makes sense to keep him around. You want continuity, and as a rebuilding franchise he and his staff have done a good job of coaching the young players. He's what we need in terms of shifting the culture, leading the young guys in the rebuild. I think we'd be a far more attractive job opening next year than this year (if Bowles were indeed fired). Also, it would leave a bad taste among the rest of the coaches in the league to fire Bowles and his staff after far exceeding expectations this year.

I want to see this staff back, and if Bowles doesn't get to keep his job past 2018, we may already have a candidate to replace him on the coaching staff in John Morton

The reason I want to change HC is QB.  New head coach tends to focus on quarterback situation.  Rex Ryan came in and Jets got Sanchez. When Bowles came in Jets got a veteran.  If Bowles stayed and continued the veteran practice then it would affect the long term for Jets.  Never mind if Rosen AND Darnold stay in NCAA. Never mind if Jets successfully got a competitive qb.

36 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

It would suck to lose Robby but I think I'd do that in a heartbeat. We need a QB in the worst way, if we are trading up to #3 we will likely have to give up next years 1st anyway. We have 2 second rounders this year so it wouldn't leave us high and dry really. A 2019 4th is not going to make me say no to acquire that kind of QB. Robby Anderson has been a great surprise and has been one of our top players but I'd give him up for a franchise QB in a heartbeat. So yes if you like that deal then let make it happen!

I don't think there is any way to convince you guys to move back though. I think the Jets and Bills are 2 teams that would be willing to throw the kitchen sink at the opportunity to go after a QB this year.

I wouldn't say this trade is a robbery. Seems about right. However, I wouldn't do it. I'm more than happy sitting back and waiting for Mayfield or Jackson. I'll keep the picks plus our budding #1 WR and go to war with Mayfield or Jackson.

12 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

I wouldn't say this trade is a robbery. Seems about right. However, I wouldn't do it. I'm more than happy sitting back and waiting for Mayfield or Jackson. I'll keep the picks plus our budding #1 WR and go to war with Mayfield or Jackson.

If you can guarantee me that Mayfield is there when we pick then I agree but I think if we have the opportunity to get "The Guy" whoever that is, that price is more than acceptable. Hell you could sign a WR in FA if you are concerned about depth.

In 3 FA periods the only difference making younger players he’s gotten have been Carpenter (who hasn’t been good this season), Claiborne (who’s on a 1yr prove your healthy deal) and ASJ (who we quite frankly got lucky with bc he was going down a bad path, but I’ll take it). Besides that what has he done? Brought back Davis? He should have never let Davis go. Harris should have gone bc if his age at that time. I think his trades are far superior to his FA periods. I think he’s done a great job trading, but not good at all in FA. And his drafts have been subpar. Like others have mentioned... he shouldn’t be praised for the Leo and Adams picks. They fell in his lap. I still stand by that Beasley should’ve been the pick in 2015. And he’s gotten very little from any other drafts picks besides that. Shell, Anderson(UDFA) and Maye are our only good players we have that weren’t 1st Rounders. Yes some of the guys we don’t know enough about yet, but still at relatively high picks we have nothing to show. Smith, Lozo, Hack, Jenkins, Stewart, etc. are all not contributing liientheyre draft spot should.

Quick Mock.  No FA here.

After learning that both Rosen and Darnold declared for early entry NFL Draft, Jets didn't bother to make a trade for franchised Kirk Cousins. Browns ended up acquiring Cousins in exchange of 2.33.

1) Jets sent 3 1st round picks and 3.75 to Browns for 1.1.

2) Jets sent 2.41 to Falcons for 2.55 and 3.87.

3) Jets sent 4.106 to Chargers for 4.111 and 6.176.

4) Jets sent 2019's 5th round pick to Browns for 6.161.

1.10- Traded.
1.1- QB Josh Rosen, UCLA.
2.41- Traded.
2.52- RB Mark Walton, Miami Fl.
2.55- OL Tyrell Crosby, Oregon.
3.75- Traded.
3.87- TE Mike Gesicki, Penn State.
4.106-Traded.
4.111- CB Davontae Harris, Illinois State.
5.146- ILB Jason Cabinda, Penn State.
6.161- C Brad Lundblade, Oklahoma State.
6.171- OLB Marcell Frazier, Missouri.
6.176- RB Jordan Chubb, Troy.
7.212- DL Greg Gilmore, LSU.

7 hours ago, JetsandI said:

The reason I want to change HC is QB.  New head coach tends to focus on quarterback situation.  Rex Ryan came in and Jets got Sanchez. When Bowles came in Jets got a veteran.  If Bowles stayed and continued the veteran practice then it would affect the long term for Jets.  Never mind if Rosen AND Darnold stay in NCAA. Never mind if Jets successfully got a competitive qb.

Same reasons why I think the Cousins marriage is on the horizon. The entire organization will get behind it, and with the way Washington has fallen apart down the stretch Bruce Allen has his "out" if he were to transition tag him and not match the offer. 

In that scenario Bowles needs to get to the playoffs next year, otherwise out. 

• 2 weeks later...

1. Lamar Jackson QB- I love everything about him and even though he runs a lot I don't see him taking big hits.  He also keeps his head up in the pocket while dancing and looks to throw.  Getting overlooked like Watson.

2a. Nick Chubb RB- No idea how the RBs shake out but electric Jackson, do it all Powell, speedier McGuire and bruising Chubb what's not to like?

2b. Dorance Armstrong OLB- Speedy and athletic, already has experience standing up

3. Andre Dillard OT- Needs to add some weight but is very athletic and won't need to start right away

On 12/13/2017 at 11:49 PM, jetskid007 said:

Same reasons why I think the Cousins marriage is on the horizon. The entire organization will get behind it, and with the way Washington has fallen apart down the stretch Bruce Allen has his "out" if he were to transition tag him and not match the offer. 

In that scenario Bowles needs to get to the playoffs next year, otherwise out. 

This might work out then. Cousins doesn’t make the playoffs and neither does Bowles. Perfect marriage 

On 25/12/2017 at 12:11 PM, jetsfan4life51 said:

1. Lamar Jackson QB- I love everything about him and even though he runs a lot I don't see him taking big hits.  He also keeps his head up in the pocket while dancing and looks to throw.  Getting overlooked like Watson.

2a. Nick Chubb RB- No idea how the RBs shake out but electric Jackson, do it all Powell, speedier McGuire and bruising Chubb what's not to like?

2b. Dorance Armstrong OLB- Speedy and athletic, already has experience standing up

3. Andre Dillard OT- Needs to add some weight but is very athletic and won't need to start right away

16 hours ago, Dr.O said:

R1: Baker Mayfield QB Oklahoma

R2: Marcus Davenport DE/OLB UTSA

R2: Akrum Wadley RB Iowa

R3: Mason Cole C/G Michigan

R4-R7 bpa

Both of these mocks are excellent, imho. Kudos to the both of you.

I really count on any detrimental reports on Rosen so Jets could trade out of top 10. If Jets successfully traded out of top 10 and drafted Josh Rosen then it won't matter how the rest of the rest turned out as long as they actually added some OL help.

4 hours ago, JetsandI said:

I really count on any detrimental reports on Rosen so Jets could trade out of top 10. If Jets successfully traded out of top 10 and drafted Josh Rosen then it won't matter how the rest of the rest turned out as long as they actually added some OL help.

Isn’t Rosen a lock for the top pick or second pick? How would we trade out of top ten and still draft him?

6 hours ago, xenajets said:

Isn’t Rosen a lock for the top pick or second pick? How would we trade out of top ten and still draft him?

He is a lock.  Unless he gets arrested along the way, he's going top 2.  Someone will look past the injury concerns and him not wanting to play for the browns.  Way too talented. 

We just have to really think if Rosen is even trade up worthy. Don’t trade the future for a guy that innsome drafts wouldn’t be a top 2 or 3 QB. I lean toward him being trade up worthy, but I’m not positive on that. The pre draft process should help clear up some QB questions.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We just have to really think if Rosen is even trade up worthy. Don’t trade the future for a guy that innsome drafts wouldn’t be a top 2 or 3 QB. I lean toward him being trade up worthy, but I’m not positive on that. The pre draft process should help clear up some QB questions.

You don't think he's be top 2 or top 3 in most drafts?  Would've went first last year, IMO would've went before Goff and Wentz as well.

Archived