2018 Mock Thread

Dr.O

14 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

You don't think he's be top 2 or top 3 in most drafts?  Would've went first last year, IMO would've went before Goff and Wentz as well.

I think he would have been right there with Trubisky, Watson and Mahomes but I didn’t think last years class was good. I think he would have for sure been behind Goff and Wentz as well as Winston and Mariota.

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think he would have been right there with Trubisky, Watson and Mahomes but I didn’t think last years class was good. I think he would have for sure been behind Goff and Wentz as well as Winston and Mariota.

I don't see how he would've been behind Wentz personally.  Also has more arm talent that Goff.  In terms of Trubisky, etc., definitely disagree.  A lot consider Rosen a can't miss prospect, while nobody thought that about last year's class.

2 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

I don't see how he would've been behind Wentz personally.  Also has more arm talent that Goff.  In terms of Trubisky, etc., definitely disagree.  A lot consider Rosen a can't miss prospect, while nobody thought that about last year's class.

Yea I agree he's a top 2 prospect but he's not a prospect I want us to give up a lot for. His concussions and questionable commitment to the game scare me from giving up what would likely be needed. I'm on the Darnold or Mayfield bandwagons though.

Sign Cousins and Jensen

R1: Quenton Nelson OG Notre Dame

R2: Ronald Jones RB USC

R2: Ogbonnia Okoronkwo DE/OLB Oklahoma

R3: Jamarco Jones OT Ohio State

R4: Anthony Averett CB Alabama

R5: Demitri Flowers FB/RB/TE Oklahoma

R6: Scott Pagano DL Oregon

R7: Desmond Harrison OL West Georgia

• 2 months later...

Now that FA is over, thought I would mock a bit. Didn't want to create a new thread so I rehashed this original forum mock thread where everyone was posting mocks. 

Remaining FA: I think we will make one additional meaningful signing at WR. I'm assuming that signing will be Terrell Pryor.

Browns: Sam Darnold, QB, USC

Giants: Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State. This was a tough one. I don't see them trading with the Bills because that means losing out on a premium talent. Similar logic as to why Indy made the trade with us. If it were me I would go QB, but everything points to them getting either Nelson or Barkley.

1(3): Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA. We are going QB. The only debate is who. 

3(72): Brian O'Neill, OT, Pittsburg. Has the potential to be an above average LT. 

4(107): Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, Edge, Oklahoma. At this point in the draft, it's going to be hard to find guys who can become starters. Okoronkwo gets engulfed against the run; so, I don't expect him to be a 3 down edge. But he can be brought in to get to the QB on obvious passing downs. He also shows the ability to be good in coverage. So, he allows Bowles to be creative. 

5(157): Scott Quessenberry, C/G, UCLA. Will compete for either the Guard or Center position. Long can play guard or center as well. So, if Quessenberry is ready to start, we can see who is best under center and move the other guy to guard. Otherwise, he is a versatile backup while he develops.

6(179): John Kelly, RB, Tennessee. Has the greatest stiff arm of all-time. Likely not an every down RB, but is a good compliment to McGuire. Also, has some pass catching ability.

7(235): Ian Thomas, TE, Indiana. We bring in some competition at the TE spot. 

• 1 month later...

Since a personal's mock is no longer thread-worthy I post here.   I was supposed to finish up concise summary process for my mock draft but something came up.  Oh well!  here it is.

1-3 selection going to     *drum-roll, please*

daduntsh.gif

A QB.

3-72- DB Dane Cruikshank, Arizona.

After failing to trade back into 2nd round for either Edge Lorenzo Carter or Josh Sweat (I have feeling there will be a domino effect for Edge in 2nd round) Jets moved on and took one of hot commodities there. You need a coin flip to determine where will he play at next level FS, SS or CB. In my opinion for Jets, he should replace Buster Skrine at slot corner this year before moving to outside replacing Morris Claiborne for 2019 season. Could replace Marcus Maye at FS if his health pulls a trick on Jets. Hopefully, Cruikshank provides stronger result at slot so Darron Lee could blitz more than ever. umm.

4.107- Traded to Ravens for 4.118 and 5.154.

After realizing that there were a bunch of available RBs, Jets traded with Ravens to allow them to draft a top "sleeper" of the 2018's NFL draft. lol.

4.118- RB Nyheim Hines, North Carolina State.

Jets managed to fill up the RB corp with at "heavy" players so it is safe to say they would target a change of pace RB for REAL this time. Hines could produce the Kareem Hunt or Alvin Kamara-like rookie season for Jets if utilized properly. I expect Jets will continue playing a boring offense for Josh McCown so I hope Hines' RAC speed will light up the offense before fans in order to improve chain moving and touchdown opportunity. *sigh*

5.154- DE Bilal Nichols, Delware.

Jets have been holding a scrap paper that his name penciled on since the Shrine Game. His motor is off the charts but his skill needs to seriously work. No worry Jets have a bunch of DL players on the roster. His future may be a DE mainstay for Jets. With right coaching, he could win the job that is vacanted by Muhammad Wilkerson. Let's root for this kid, you stupid mutts.

5.157- Traded to Cowboys for 5.171 and 5.173.

Cowboys got excited and made a trade with Jets to secure their WR of the future. umm... Who? Korey Robertson. Oh F----

5.171- TE Ryan Izzo, Florida State.

I would love to get Jets another receiving TE but they already got Clive Walford for free. Izzo's name should be involved in heated discussion of many teams as a late round prospect due to his blocking skill and natural feeling for pro style. Jets went ahead and took him early to ensure all protection they could find for their qb of the future. Obviously, no?

5.173- NT Tyler Lancaster, Northwestern.

Without a doubt, he is one of best run stuffing DL in the 2018 draft class. Due to his better athleticism, I can see him surpass Mike Pennel on the DL depth. Do you have a problem with this pick, Bruh?

6.179- Edge Trevon Young, Louisville.

He had a solid 2015 season before losing to a dislocated hip. In 2017, he came back good. He could end up in late 1st round to high 2nd round conversation had he not dislocated his hip two years ago so at 6th round selection, he surely has a high upside.

7.235- OL Austin Golson, Auburn.

He had played all positions last year and ended up RT instead of C. Auburn's OL had bad start and they resolved the problem by having Casey Dunn at C and Golson at RT. Both had done good job. Golson could be a steal at C if he played C all the way in 2017 but his versatility and high football IQ should win Mike Maccagnan's trust. Could end up replacing either James Carpenter or Spencer Long as a surprising rookie. Sound like a pathetic "7th Round Steal" promotion? lol.

How about that?  Jets failed to meet my mock draft, position-wise.  Only Edge and OL are missing. Big Deal! lol.

Anyway, for 2019 crap, I could expect either Shane Ray, Shaquil Barrett or Dante Fowler Jr to be Jets' top target as FA Edge.  WR Tyrell Williams, G Ben Garland and C Matt Paradis (age?) could be significant targets as well.  I could not think of anyone else besides those RFA and 5th year option candidates at the moment.

Only 2nd round pick will be absent from 2019 draft for Jets at the conclusion of 2018 draft. I don't expect Jets to have any compensatory selections so as it stands as Jets will have only 6 2019 draft picks on the paper.  Oh... Hell no! I don't place any prospects for Jets.  Just a pool of position "needs".

WR: 

Parris Campbell, Ohio State. X factor like Percy Harvin.

Jaylen Smith, Louisville.  Could be similar to Dez Bryant.

Felton Davis III, Michigan State.  Looks like Larry Fitzgerald.

Vic Wharton III, California.  That daddy could be another Cooper Kupp.

Edge:

Austin Bryant, Clemson. Another Bradley Chubb?

Montez Sweat, Mississippi State. No idea which Sweat is better but he is a promising Edge prospect.

Landis Durham, Texas A&M. He showed up last year now we will see what will happen to him with NCAA's improved knowledge.

Christian Miller, Alabama. Ignoring Nick Saban's prospects is a travesty.

Charles Wright, Vanderbilt. He has a shot to be the most complete OLB/EDGE ever coming out of NCAA.

ILB:

Khalil Hodge, Buffalo. Tackling machine powered by nuclear energy.  Same first name and college as Raiders' Mack.

CB, OT, C:

Any of them. Those positions perhaps will be deeper than normal for 2019 draft.

RB:

Marty Carter, Grand Valley State. He was in my first draft mock for 2018.

Taj McGowan, Central Florida. Reliable goal line RB.

Damien Harris, Alabama. Could be better than Marshawn Lynch.

Back QB:

Clayton Thorson, Northwestern. Strong armed qb with out of season ACL.

Kyle Kempt, Iowa State. Sound like Nick Foles.

Quinten Dormaday, Houston (Tennessee).  Possibly upgrade every Josh McCown's offerings except seasonal experience.

On 4/24/2018 at 1:15 PM, JetsandI said:

7.235- OL Austin Golson, Auburn.

He had played all positions last year and ended up RT instead of C. Auburn's OL had bad start and they resolved the problem by having Casey Dunn at C and Golson at RT. Both had done good job. Golson could be a steal at C if he played C all the way in 2017 but his versatility and high football IQ should win Mike Maccagnan's trust. Could end up replacing either James Carpenter or Spencer Long as a surprising rookie. Sound like a pathetic "7th Round Steal" promotion? lol.

Good call. 

Archived