#4 Colts

#5 Cincinnati

#6 LA Charger

#7 Denver

#8 Browns ( from Houston )

#9 Tampa Bay

#10 Bears

#11 JETS

The Browns with two first round picks could trade one to The Cards or any other teams interested in a QB, and still get the QB they want. I wonder how the Browns will screw this up.

51 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Lots to still happen.  CIN/DEN play each other so one is going to get a win this week and the jets have the toughest schedule left.  I see us in the 5-8 range when it's all said and done.  

I would say you are about right with that 5 or 6 wins, We play NE the last game of the year, And by than they would have long clinch first place. So they will do like always rest most of the key starters the last game of the season, which would give the Jets that sixth win just enough to give us a worst slot in the draft. If there still a good QB when the browns pick at eight how much would that pick be worth? You know I hate HYPOTHETICAL mock drafts on this board, BUT what if we offer the Browns our # 11over all pick. and the second round pick we got from the Seahawks, if one of the QB drop to eight. If one of those QB does drop to eight that pick is going to be worth a fortune for the Browns

15 hours ago, doumeyer said:

I would say you are about right with that 5 or 6 wins, We play NE the last game of the year, And by than they would have long clinch first place. So they will do like always rest most of the key starters the last game of the season, which would give the Jets that sixth win just enough to give us a worst slot in the draft. If there still a good QB when the browns pick at eight how much would that pick be worth? You know I hate HYPOTHETICAL mock drafts on this board, BUT what if we offer the Browns our # 11over all pick. and the second round pick we got from the Seahawks, if one of the QB drop to eight. If one of those QB does drop to eight that pick is going to be worth a fortune for the Browns

Not 5-8 wins but 5-8 in the draft order if I wasn't clear with my post.  We may not win another game the rest of the season.  

6 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Not 5-8 wins but 5-8 in the draft order if I wasn't clear with my post.  We may not win another game the rest of the season.  

Either way you were right, the only thing I don't think we could drop to five, but we are the Jets and it could happen. If we has the same team we had three years ago when we had Marshall & Decker we could of had the second or first wild card spot, this year. The AFL  conference is a mess this year, teams with all kinds of problems.

At this point, we have no idea if the first two QB's picked in the 2018 draft are any better than the next 3-5 QB's who will be picked. So, we can't be talking about trading up when standing pat might still actually land us the player we need. 

I have a feeling this upcoming draft will be somewhat like 1983, when HOFers went 1st and 6th in terms of quarterbacks taken, and 2-3-4-5 were all decent/mediocre. I am not suggesting there are potential HOFers in this draft, but what I am suggesting is the sixth QB taken might be the gem.

• 2 weeks later...

Jets finish with the 8th pick, Darnold/Rosen/Jackson are picked before us

R1: Harold Landry DE/LB Boston College

R2: Jarrett Stidham QB Auburn

R2: Akrum Wadley RB Iowa

R3: Frank Ragnow C Arkansas

R4: Demitri Flowers FB/TE/RB Oklahoma

R5: Darren Carrington WR Utah

R6: Jake Campos OT Iowa State

R7: Lyndon Johnson DL Cinncinati 

On 11/26/2017 at 9:36 AM, Dr.O said:

I liked the way Stidham played against Alabama and Georgia. I’m looking forward to the Georgia rematch. Landry is one of those DE I want to see do OLB drills during the Post season. I haven’t watched a lot of him but I think he mostly plays on the line. I could be wrong but if he stays a 250 pounds and can’t cover he will just be a situational pass rusher

On 11/26/2017 at 9:36 AM, Dr.O said:

I hate that you did the bolded because now it won't happen and I would love if it happened.

Archived