• Denver
    • Pittsburgh
    • Las Vegas
    • Indianapolis
    • New Orleans
    • WFT
    • None, he retires
    • Other team - post in thread below

We went from A-Rod certain to leave GB after 2022 before the season, to talk of a possible reconciliation.

With the improbable division round exit - what happens now?   Have to think a parting of ways is more likely now.

I posted the most likely AFC teams and New Orleans, and tried to take teams who were either linked to A-Rod before (DEN), or came close / made the playoffs but need a QB upgrade (PIT, LV, IND & NO, I guess WFT).

What say Packers fans?  The others?  

Edited by Broncofan

I dont know ARod fate but serious question. What role do you think all this off the field distractions played in the Packers failure of a season? ARod going on the Pat McAfee show weekly all throughout the season rather than just focusing on football in particular in the playoffs. We all blamed McCarthy in the past for the Packers failures but with LaFleur the Packers best teams were the last three seasons with ARod. Even ARod said this team reminded him of the Superbowl Packers team in 2010 yet the team is one and done losing to the a Niners team that had to come from down 17pts just to sneak into the playoffs. 

We bash Baker for doing all those commercials and not really focusing on getting better as a football player for the Browns so what do we say about ARod doing all of the things he does off the field but yet falling short these last three seasons in the playoffs despite the Packers having a great regular season?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

I dont know ARod fate but serious question. What role do you think all this off the field distractions played in the Packers failure of a season? ARod going on the Pat McAfee show weekly all throughout the season rather than just focusing on football in particular in the playoffs. We all blamed McCarthy in the past for the Packers failures but with LaFleur the Packers best teams were the last three seasons with ARod. Even ARod said this team reminded him of the Superbowl Packers team in 2010 yet the team is one and done losing to the a Niners team that had to come from down 17pts just to sneak into the playoffs. 

We bash Baker for doing all those commercials and not really focusing on getting better as a football player for the Browns so what do we say about ARod doing all of the things he does off the field but yet falling short these last three seasons in the playoffs despite the Packers having a great regular season?

Dude  stop. The Packers went 13-4 and lost because they faced the best defense in the NFL and one of the best special teams plays in playoff history. Nothing about Rodgers going on a podcast has jack to do with them winning or losing this game. This like the  Cam Newton trolls that always got mad about his dress and vernacular, always saying he should be studying the playbook. 

It's literally a 50/50 scenario all the time. Someone has to win and someone has to lose. Doesn't make a single player at fault. Unless you're Jimmy G who literally tried to give the game away. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, RabidPanther89 said:

Dude  stop. The Packers went 13-4 and lost because they faced the best defense in the NFL and one of the best special teams plays in playoff history. Nothing about Rodgers going on a podcast has jack to do with them winning or losing this game. This like the  Cam Newton trolls that always got mad about his dress and vernacular, always saying he should be studying the playbook. 

It's literally a 50/50 scenario all the time. Someone has to win and someone has to lose. Doesn't make a single player at fault. Unless you're Jimmy G who literally tried to give the game away. 

Ok you say ARod going weekly on the McAfee show talking about alot of crazy stuff, showing his toe to the media, taking shots at a guy whom he says he never met bc the guy said he wont vote for ARod for MVP, taking shots at the media bc he lied about the vaccination, etc... etc... etc... None of those things were a distraction. I got you. 

For me its not even about the regular season. Its funny that ARod opened the season where he didnt play well and they lost to the Saints. A team btw that barely missed the playoffs. ARod ended the season on the Packers opening playoff game where he didnt play well and they lost to the Niners. A team btw who barely made the playoffs. Im just saying. Cant make this stuff up. 

• Like 2

Just now, Vladimir L said:

I would stay in the nfc if I were him

afc too many young good qb

Doubt he has much of a choice.   The Packers might be willing to send him wherever he wants....in the AFC.    In the NFC.....a team would likely have to overbid by an extra first round pick or more over an AFC team.    

If he is cut, thats another story....but unlikely.

10 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Ok you say ARod going weekly on the McAfee show talking about alot of crazy stuff, showing his toe to the media, taking shots at a guy whom he says he never met bc the guy said he wont vote for ARod for MVP, taking shots at the media bc he lied about the vaccination, etc... etc... etc... None of those things were a distraction. I got you. 

For me its not even about the regular season. Its funny that ARod opened the season where he didnt play well and they lost to the Saints. A team btw that barely missed the playoffs. ARod ended the season on the Packers opening playoff game where he didnt play well and they lost to the Niners. A team btw who barely made the playoffs. Im just saying. Cant make this stuff up. 

There may have been distractions, but the playoff outcome is a pretty familiar one, even from seasons without distractions.

• Like 2