GDT - Week 9: Washington Redskins vs. Seattle Seahawks

Ghostnote

Just now, vike daddy said:

An elaborate Viking Age grave in Sweden holds the remains of a decorated female warrior from the 10th century, providing the first archaeological evidence that women held high-status positions in Viking culture. The remarkable find was revealed in a study by researchers at Stockholm and Uppsala Universities and published in the American Journal of Anthropology. Their DNA analysis of the skeleton confirmed that the individual was a woman older than 30 years old, who stood somewhere around 5 feet 6 inches tall.

Several weapons were buried alongside the body, including a sword, armor-piercing arrows, a battle knife, an axe, a spear and two shields, indicating that the skeleton was likely that of a warrior. Accompanying the wide array of weapons were two horses and a full set of game pieces and a gaming board. The gaming pieces suggest that the person buried was a high-ranking combatant who was knowledgeable of strategies and tactics.

http://www.history.com/news/dna-proves-viking-women-were-powerful-warriors

Actually I knew that, but I was just playing into the stereotypes.

Honestly, I would have thought you would have objected more to me saying that "Packers and Vikings are the same thing." ;):D

Archived