The QB Options Thread (Reality it's Tanny2022)

KingTitan

On 2/3/2022 at 5:40 PM, TitanSS said:

Everyone is within their rights to discuss whatever they want. I'm just simply stating that the last half of this season changed everyone's thought process on our QB situation and it shouldn't have. 

I can remember a few people on her being enamored with Jordan Love a couple years ago and wanting to pull the trigger on him as Tannehill's replacement.

How that move has turned out is essentially how I would see drafting Desmond Ridder or some other middling QB.

Occasionally those guys do fall, but it can't be a reach. You have to be convinced that guy is a top 10 QB to pull the trigger. Not a "Well I want a QB so let's see who I can force to fit my agenda" situation. Jordan Love's aren't replacing Tannehill.

I agree completely. I think it would be complete stupidity to think one of these rookies is going to come in and do what Tannehill could not. It would represent a huge step backward to draft one of these QBs. 

I don’t think it’s a good idea to turn to the draft this year, but I would ABSOLUTELY want Russell Wilson or Aaron Rodgers over him. Rodgers I think would more fit what we want for our team right now. 

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

I don't think there is such a thing as media pressure for that because it's a practical impossibility.

You may as well say fans and the media need to pressure JRob to get the first overall pick.  It can't happen, so I can't imagine he gives a **** if that's what anyone wants him to do.

Don't get the 1st overall pick logic

having the first overall pick doesn't guarantee anything

Titans probably wont be bad enough to get the first overall pick for a little while now

Not that Rodgers Wilson or Brady guarantee a championship either

But its pretty clear Tannehill has plateaued

And when I say plateaued, I don't mean he sucks or we will suck but there is enough of a sample size that when the playoffs roll around he just isn't good enough

at NE 8-15 72 yards 1 TD and 1 awful pick late in that game

at Bal 7-14 88 yards 2 TDs 0 INTs

at KC 21-31 209 yards 2 TD's 0 INTs

vs Bal 18-26 158 yards 1 TD 1 INT

vs Cin 15-24 220 1 TD 3 INTs

Numbers don't always tell the whole story, I get that

But just eye ball test when we are in the playoffs, Tannehill struggles

2nd half in KC he didn't really do anything until the garbage time TD to Firkser

After the first drive vs Bal he was a non factor

We all know how much of a train wreck he was a few weeks ago vs Cin

Its a problem that the only time he can play good in January, is when Henry is running well

He has had good weapons the last 2 years and cant get it done

We will be a regular in the playoff hunt with him but this team is aiming for a SB and right now he doesnt seem like hes up to the task

15 minutes ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

I agree completely. I think it would be complete stupidity to think one of these rookies is going to come in and do what Tannehill could not. It would represent a huge step backward to draft one of these QBs. 

I don’t think it’s a good idea to turn to the draft this year, but I would ABSOLUTELY want Russell Wilson or Aaron Rodgers over him. Rodgers I think would more fit what we want for our team right now. 

Im never against taking a QB because you never know

But this probably is not the year to reach for one

Titans still have holes and needs that need to be addressed 

No 2nd round pick this year so Titans need to nail the 1st and 3rds this year

The Wilson pick is still haunting us 

We still need O-Line help

Forced us to take Radunz in the 2nd last year since they whiffed on Wilson and cut Kelly

Titans need a good draft this year

35 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Someone find out if he is building a house here lol 

But really why would he want to leave all the sudden? 

I guess to go to Tampa Bay? 

Lol That’s what I been trying to figure out but I can’t find anything.. seems like it came outta nowhere