The 2022 QB Class

Daniel

11 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

he's got the highest upside of any QB in the class by a country mile. but yeah, i have less than zero trust in his being able to attain that potential under our current offensive staff.

Assuming Downing gets replaced by Kelly?

6 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Assuming Downing gets replaced by Kelly?

realistically i have no idea what to expect from kelly. his chief virtues in my eyes are that he's not todd downing and that we might actually hire him, which speaks more to vrabel's shortcomings than anything. but if we're going to stick with this hurr durr hand it off 35 times a game with 3 tight ends and nick westbrook-ikhine on the field BS, then no, absolutely no faith in that.

5 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

realistically i have no idea what to expect from kelly. his chief virtues in my eyes are that he's not todd downing and that we might actually hire him, which speaks more to vrabel's shortcomings than anything. but if we're going to stick with this hurr durr hand it off 35 times a game with 3 tight ends and nick westbrook-ikhine on the field BS, then no, absolutely no faith in that.

I agree there. I wonder how much Kelly had to do with Davis Mills looking real good for a rookie. If he did, then I like the hire a lot, if it happens.

Just did a quick overview of the qbs and Willis definitely is the only one that jumps out at me. He could be nice to sit behind Tannehill. My only reservation is his size. Wish he was a little bit taller. 

I know everyone says this is a weak draft class for qb. Draft classes are so hard to judge. Patrick Mahomes class wasn't considered to be a great one for qbs and look who we got. 

Josh Allen got passed on by Baker and Darnold.

So hard to say who is going to be good.

It's a seriously roll of the dice. But hey, we have been wasting first round picks as of late. Let's throw one at a qb.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, twotonebluenation said:

Just did a quick overview of the qbs and Willis definitely is the only one that jumps out at me. He could be nice to sit behind Tannehill. My only reservation is his size. Wish he was a little bit taller. 

I know everyone says this is a weak draft class for qb. Draft classes are so hard to judge. Patrick Mahomes class wasn't considered to be a great one for qbs and look who we got. 

Josh Allen got passed on by Baker and Darnold.

So hard to say who is going to be good.

It's a seriously roll of the dice. But hey, we have been wasting first round picks as of late. Let's throw one at a qb.

tattoo this on my forehead over where there's a scar from saturday

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Malik Willis is now my leader after looking at him. 

Draft him. Coach him up and he can step in 2023. .

That’s the one where you need a qB developer on staff though. Dude has elite physical traits, but needs lots of work.

I'm really starting to like Carson Strong a lot. He has probably the best arm in the class. I mean this dude can really sling it and made some incredible throws at Nevada. If we can keep a good OLine in front of him I think he could do some great things for us. One of my favorite things about him is that he can sling it, but he doesn't just throw it into double coverage for the hell of it. Very sound decision maker to go along with supreme arm talent.

I think with our current offensive coaching staff he would have an easier transition than Malik Willis would. I love the idea of Malik and what his skillset could potentially bring to our offense, but without a creative/innovative OC on the staff we would be doing Malik a disservice and probably setting him and ourselves up for failure. 

Carson Strong is a pure pocket passer that could come right in and get rolling without having to completely revamp the entire offense. Just keep a solid OLine in front of him, and I think he could have a lot of success with the foundation that we already have in place.

55 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Yea he’s way too raw. I think he falls the furthest out of the projected 1st round guys. 

If he falls to us and the other reasonable options are gone …

do you pull the trigger?

me, personally. Knowing how raw he is…I think even id have to resist the urge. But I’ve legit only read about the guy and am certainly not a qb evaluator 

8 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

If he falls to us and the other reasonable options are gone …

do you pull the trigger?

me, personally. Knowing how raw he is…I think even id have to resist the urge. But I’ve legit only read about the guy and am certainly not a qb evaluator 

it's one of those things where the success of guys like mahomes, herbert, and especially allen is gonna break QB evaluation for awhile. teams are gonna be much more willing to pull the trigger on huge projects after seeing what allen can do, despite the fact that he's the exception and not the rule. i actually think willis might go higher than we expect because of this

Edited by -Hope-