Are the Chiefs the bad guys?

notthatbluestuff

9 hours ago, August4th said:

funny seeing how much Pat's brother and wife annoy the internet

He wanted to ruin a small bar because they didn’t bend over backwards for his entitled ***. F him lol. Also that disrespectful dance on top of Sean Taylor number.

Edited by Blackstar12
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

He wanted to ruin a small bar because they didn’t bend over backwards for his entitled ***. F him lol. Also that disrespectful dance on top of Sean Taylor number.

While I'm no fan of Jackson, the WFT had that area roped off for people to stand and watch. He just happened to film a video there.

6 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

I appreciate this more than you know. The success we're experiencing is a BRAND NEW thing for this franchise. Outside of some fringe playoff success we were just another "hey, maybe we can make the playoffs via wildcard" type of team. We went 25(?) years without a playoff win, many many MANY heartbreaks until Andy and Alex beat up on a depleted Texans team.

Those 13-3 seasons, then bounced out of the playoffs in the first game were painful to watch. It happened like 3 times! Chiefs fans definitely suffered, must feel great to have an elite team now. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

While I'm no fan of Jackson, the WFT had that area roped off for people to stand and watch. He just happened to film a video there.

Well it looked like the roped off VIP area that every team does on the sidelines. Which uses the same yellow chain link square technique

it definitely wasnt the VIP area though, I blame the WFT security for allowing it more than Jackson doing it lol.

18 hours ago, iknowcool said:

They are villains in that they win a lot and nobody wants to see the same team win.

But I don't think they are hated like some villains are.  Like I'd say Brady/Belichick Pats were legitimately hated, or the Durant-Warriors.  Mahomes and Reid are just too likable.  Doesn't hurt that they are probably the most exciting team in the NFL every year.

They've also, by little fault of their own, been made the target of a great deal of ire and dislike among neutrals the same way that the Pats and Brady were, and similar ilk: (Sports) media shoves them down everyone's throats.  Between Mahomes being on every third commercial (remember how the Discount Double-Check stuffs started getting hate on "Rodjahs!" by themselves?) to the sheer eardrum murder agony of having to sit through a primetime game where Cris Colinsworth or Al Michaels talk about Mahomes like he's the only player on the field and responsible for the grass growing on the field - it wears on people.

And the aside that the Chiefs don't seem to have a problem (not the most of the league does, honestly, but they aren't helped when those guys have repeat offenses and the team does barely even the minimum to discipline them if the minimum would mean them missing meaningful minutes) acquiring guys with character issues - and specific ones that a number of sects of people find reprehensible.  They're not doing themselves any favors in acquiring white hats or halos here.

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

I don't consider ignorance an excuse for disrespect.  Does that mean that a person should be crucified for it?  No.  But does that fully excuse them from blame (assuming they're actually ignorant - I mean, my mother knows really, really little about football and has on more than one occasion asked me of Carson Palmer is still the QB for the Bengals, but even she knew that the #21 on the FedEx field was for Sean Taylor)?  Nope.

When you're going to another team's stadium as a VIP guest, there's an emphasis on the "guest" part.  A normal, remotely considerate person wouldn't go to a party at someone's house that they don't know all that well and shift an urn on a mantle so that they have somewhere near where they're standing to set their drink.  And if they did, "Oh, I didn't realize that an urn sitting on the mantle below a picture of your grandmother meant it was full of your grandma's ashes," is hardly a "My bad!" excuse for screwing with someone's home.

10 hours ago, ET80 said:

Rival fans, mostly. I think any NY Knicks fan hated him with a passion, that was his biggest in division rival IIRC.

The Dream Team did a lot to increase Jordan's likeability among neutrals and casual fans; I mean hell, it also managed to make guys who were pretty miserable human beings like John Stockton likeable and held on the level personality-wise with Chris Mullen (and this is coming from a lifelong Clippers fan, but I've always had a soft spot for Mullen because the dude was just plain likeable).  Jordan also made it easier for a guy of similar temperament and curtness with both the media and fans - when they caught him at the wrong times - like Kobe.

There weren't a lot of really, really hated guys during that era outside a number of the late 80's Pistons - where, if I recall, Joe Dumars was the only guy on that team people actually liked.

• Like 1