Which Super Bowl do you want?

notthatbluestuff

Which Super Bowl matchup would you prefer?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Pick it!

6 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

The second one for sure will be.

On one side you got Mahomes, who can get 50 yards in 13 seconds.

On the other you got Jimmy G who relies on special teams touchdowns to beat a team that scored 10 points 

Jimmy doesnt need to get yards to win.

Now just imagine if he does!

4 minutes ago, Shady Slim said:

why do more people want to watch jimmy garoppolo and the niners than matt stafford, aaron donald and the rams lmao

like deebo is fun and all but cmon

Probably thier dislike of Dream Team 2.0. Whether it is OBJ, Ramsey, McVay, the non stop gloating of certain posters or two on this site if they win?  Can't win it if not in it.

Can think of a few reasons.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Probably thier dislike of Dream Team 2.0. Whether it is OBJ, Ramsey, McVay, the non stop gloating of certain posters or two on this site if they win?  Can't win it if not in it.

Can think of a few reasons.

Prolly cuz they don’t wanna see McVay running to the end zone and celebrating every time the Rams score 

McVay is such a child 

6 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

why do more people want to watch jimmy garoppolo and the niners than matt stafford, aaron donald and the rams lmao

like deebo is fun and all but cmon

For me, it's because the NFL would rather have the Rams in the SB for the rating$.  The Niners don't have all of these flashy players (outside Deebo).  It wouldn't surprise me to see the niners play the Rams and the Refs this Sunday.

1 hour ago, ///mcompact said:

For me, it's because the NFL would rather have the Rams in the SB for the rating$.  The Niners don't have all of these flashy players (outside Deebo).  It wouldn't surprise me to see the niners play the Rams and the Refs this Sunday.

Ratings? First of all, it's the Super Bowl; more than 100 million people are going to watch in the US alone regardless of the matchup. Second, we're talking about the San Francisco 49ers - they have one of the biggest fanbases in the sport, they're not some cute little small market operation. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Second, we're talking about the San Francisco 49ers - they have one of the biggest fanbases in the sport, they're not some cute little small market operation. 

Nothing draws in the Super Bowl casuals like the size of a fanbase  "Hey Gina, are you going to watch that SuperBall game thing tonight?" "I wasn't planning on it, but I heard that like one team has like a super enormous fanbase...like totally not a cute, little small market thing.  So count me in."

1 minute ago, ///mcompact said:

Nothing draws in the Super Bowl casuals like the size of a fanbase  "Hey Gina, are you going to watch that SuperBall game thing tonight?" "I wasn't planning on it, but I heard that like one team has like a super enormous fanbase...like totally not a cute, little small market thing.  So count me in."

Your point was ludicrous and remains ludicrous. Those "casuals" aren't going to watch the Super Bowl if it's San Francisco instead of Los Angeles, eh? Every year someone tries to claim "the refs want this team in the Super Bowl." That explains why it's always Dallas, LA, New York fighting for it all... 

15 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Your point was ludicrous and remains ludicrous. Those "casuals" aren't going to watch the Super Bowl if it's San Francisco instead of Los Angeles, eh? Every year someone tries to claim "the refs want this team in the Super Bowl." That explains why it's always Dallas, LA, New York fighting for it all... 

"A little place called...Marketing"

DeadAlarmedIndianpalmsquirrel-max-1mb.gi

4 hours ago, ///mcompact said:

The Rams and Niners have roughly the same amount of stars - and by star I mean capable of taking over headlines rather than overall talent:

Rams stars:
Matthew Stafford
Cooper Kupp 
Odell Beckham Jr
Aaron Donald
Von Miller
Jalen Ramsey

Niners stars:
Trent Williams
Deebo Samuel
George Kittle
Nick Bosa
Fred Warner 
... at a push you could also suggest Arik Armstead. 

I think it's a misconception that the Rams are an all-star team when the Niners have just as many who can hit the headlines. OBJ and Miller weren't thought as current stars prior to joining the Rams, that's for sure. OBJ is earning the vet's minimum. 

• Like 1