FA 2022

ravishingone

34 minutes ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

Lenny had 1 good year in a contract year behind a stellar OL. I'd only bring him back on a 1 year cheap deal. The market is obviously not hot for him right now. 

He comes off as just lazy to me too. Which questions how motivated he'd be after getting a decent contract. At the same time, I don't know of any better options right now. Probably would have to be a trade. 

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

I have no issue with a player stating it is all about the money.  If Lenny signs back, look forward to it, but if not best of luck.  When it comes to prioritizing positions on offense, RBs the Bucs have a line in the sand.

He must not have the market he thought if he's entertaining the Pats. They already have Harris, Stevenson and White on the roster and under contract. He'd be a committee back there. 

33 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

He must not have the market he thought if he's entertaining the Pats. They already have Harris, Stevenson and White on the roster and under contract. He'd be a committee back there. 

It almost seems to me he is taking the visit to show the Bucs look I have suitors.  I think he is trying to generate a market for himself.  No problem with it, but ultimately I think he signs for around 4 million.  Will it be with the Bucs?  Maybe.  FAs still on the market need to get signed before the draft, or their negotiating leverage may just evaporate.

• Like 1

Really hope we move on from Lenny, I'd rather put that money towards getting Gholston back. 

Appreciate what he's done for us but I think we can definitely get a better fit/upgrade in the draft. Just looking at last year, between the 4th-7th rounds I'd rather have Michael Carter, Rhamondre Stevenson, Elijah Mitchell, Khalil Herbert, and there's a couple others that have shown potential to be better. 

Even if you go back to 2020, you have AJ Dillon, Jon Taylor, Dobbins, Cam Akers, Antonio Gibson go in the 2nd-3rd. We drafted Ke'Shawn after all those guys and he hasn't had the same success, but thats 5 starters drafted in the ~40 picks before him. Ill take that chance again. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, haveyoumetdustin said:

Really hope we move on from Lenny, I'd rather put that money towards getting Gholston back. 

Appreciate what he's done for us but I think we can definitely get a better fit/upgrade in the draft. Just looking at last year, between the 4th-7th rounds I'd rather have Michael Carter, Rhamondre Stevenson, Elijah Mitchell, Khalil Herbert, and there's a couple others that have shown potential to be better. 

Even if you go back to 2020, you have AJ Dillon, Jon Taylor, Dobbins, Cam Akers, Antonio Gibson go in the 2nd-3rd. We drafted Ke'Shawn after all those guys and he hasn't had the same success, but thats 5 starters drafted in the ~40 picks before him. Ill take that chance again. 

right on. I get Licht has not proven to draft a good well rounded back but that shouldnt deter from not trying again. Bucs had interest in both Akers/Gibson too they just did not fall. Like what I seen from Vaughn late last year. Let him compete with a rookie and bring back Gio Bernard. 

19 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

NFC South QB - Brady, Jameis, Mariotta, and probably Darnold.  Wow

Imagine if Brady didn't come back lol. Would have been the division of former high 1st round QB busts.

Gabbert (pick #10)

Winston (pick #1)

Mariotta (pick #2) 

Darnold (pick #3)

Edited by kgarrett12486
  • Like 2