FA 2022

ravishingone

22 hours ago, YoungBucs15 said:

Trying to figure out what kind of cap hit floor on our FA's might be looking at based on some cap numbers from players.

Carlton Davis - 16-17M+ based on White/Slay/Jones - Franchise Tag Potential Projected 17.2M

Jordan Whitehead - 14/15M+ based on Simmons/Baker/Jackson - Franchise Tag Potential Projected 12.9M

Chris Godwin - 19/20M based on Allen/Cooper/Thomas

Ryan Jensen - 10/11 Paradis/Hudson

Leonard Fournette - 12/13 Mixon/Jones/Chubb - Franchise Tag Potential Projected 9.5M

There is still a god amount of players that we need back but finding comps will take a good amount of time to compare.

Gholston, Stinnie, Minter, (Gronk, JPP, Suh depends on retirement choice) and I believe Cappa will be too much and probably replaced by Stinnie.

Keep:

Godwin

Whitehead 

Everyone else can be replaced via FA or draft as far as I'm concerned 

20 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Keep:

Godwin

Whitehead 

Everyone else can be replaced via FA or draft as far as I'm concerned 

I want either Jensen or Cappa back too. Probably can't afford both, but need 1. We can't loose 2/5 of our starting O-line (which has been one of the best units in football over last few years) if we plan on running out a rookie QB with limited mobility. 

1 minute ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I want either Jensen or Cappa back too. Probably can't afford both, but need 1. We can't loose 2/5 of our starting O-line (which has been one of the best units in football over last few years) if we plan on running out a rookie QB with limited mobility. 

There is no way they are letting Davis leave.  He's right behind Godwin in priority.

12 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

I think he walks bc i think he's going to want ridiculous money 

I would be surprised.  Going into the draft with Dean and SMB outside.  They can use signing bonus for Davis.  He'll be here past the time Brady's dead money is off the cap.  Luckily, FL tax laws are favorable to employees.  A player can sign for a little less and still pocket more money compared to most franchises.

41 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

My thoughts as well, I think he's going to look to break the bank and I think we'll prioritize one of Godwin and Davis on the mega deals, but probably not both. He's the odd man out to me.

Exactly this

We don't have the funds to give out 2 bank breaking deals 

Unless we really are just going to roll out Trask and sign a cheap cheap vet

But as much as I'm opposed to a bridge qb u think BA is going to be super interested in 1

On 2/3/2022 at 5:39 AM, YoungBucs15 said:

Trying to figure out what kind of cap hit floor on our FA's might be looking at based on some cap numbers from players.

Carlton Davis - 16-17M+ based on White/Slay/Jones - Franchise Tag Potential Projected 17.2M

Jordan Whitehead - 14/15M+ based on Simmons/Baker/Jackson - Franchise Tag Potential Projected 12.9M

Chris Godwin - 19/20M based on Allen/Cooper/Thomas

Ryan Jensen - 10/11 Paradis/Hudson

Leonard Fournette - 12/13 Mixon/Jones/Chubb - Franchise Tag Potential Projected 9.5M

There is still a god amount of players that we need back but finding comps will take a good amount of time to compare.

Gholston, Stinnie, Minter, (Gronk, JPP, Suh depends on retirement choice) and I believe Cappa will be too much and probably replaced by Stinnie.

I might be in the minority, but Gholston is one player who needs to come back IMO. Great against the run. Won't cost too much as well at his age.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Jordan Whitehead talking some smack on Twitter, seemingly directed at Winfield... weird flex bro 

I mean , I like ya, but that's some attitude I don't want to keep if I'm being honest

Maybe Whitehead is gone

Pretty confident that Bowles knows safety talent.  Looking who the Jets and Bucs drafting at safety, very impressive.  I would like Whitehead to return, but he's probably no 4 on my list to re sign - 1.  Godwin, 2.  Davis, 3.  Jensen.

Think it's safe to say Robby G. won't be playing for the Bucs next year, whether that is retirement or playing on another team:

Impending free agent Rob Gronkowski said he’d “love” to play with Joe Burrow.

With Tom Brady retired, as of now, Gronkowski will likely have to catch passes from somebody else, and he’s set to be a free agent next month. “I kinda like this young buck quarterback. Joe Burrow, man,” Gronkowski said Tuesday. “I just love the way he presents himself out on the football field. In the pocket he’s just so calm and he just slings it out on the field. … I just love his swag, too. If I had to pick a quarterback it’d be the young buck Burrow. He’s killing it right now in the game.”