Random Thoughts - 2022 Jan - to the Draft

dll2000

15 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Seems incredibly optimistic

Not only did my miss my point but the entire point of the exercise altogether.

I know your usual shtick is to troll and play the debbie downer for division rivals at every chance you get, but atleast try reading first instead of cherry picking a small part of a post to rant about.

On 4/13/2022 at 4:59 PM, RunningVaccs said:

What's the worst case scenario?  We get like 4 wins, both phases look inept, and either because of injury or just total offensive disaster we don't know if Fields is any good?

It's crazy to me that we had a QB here for four years, and he didn't play for a year after he left, and somehow the media and fans are treating him like his stock is rising because he was in such a bad situation. 

I hope we never do that again, whether it's coaching wise or terribly deficient talent around him.  The latter is what I'm concerned with this year, as it's quite, uh, bold, to go into a draft with holes at WR1, WR3, OG, question marks at BOTH tackles... I mean, we have a nice RB room, what else is good on offense?  They have a plan, I understand that,  I'm just saying the plan would be more sound if there wasn't this huge question mark about whether Fields is going to be any good, and I feel like you can punt on the year as a team but it's extremely risky to punt away a year of a young QB and possibly end the year in the same spot you started. All the cap space in the world doesn't help if you don't either have QB settled, or a super strong team in all other respects.  I feel like we're closer to the former, but really have no idea.  Also, the spring weather in Chicago is BULL**** and I didn't vote for this many 35-45 degree days in a month. They are USELESS. 

I love this post Vaccs!

What you described may not be the absolute worst case scenario, but it's sure as hell much closer to reality.

You summed up my feelings about this offseason so far and the concerns I have moving forward, just perfectly.

And what's more impressive to me is that you did it all in about 800 characters. Something we all know is usually a bare min for me lol.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2022 at 3:35 PM, HuskieBear said:

why is attouchu still on the roster?

In a recent podcast Eberflus mentioned his plan for the DL saying they plan to use a rotation of 8-9 DL each game keeping players fresh so they can go at full speed every snap they play.

Although Attaochu has played primarily as a 3-4 OLB at 262lbs he has enough size to also play as a 4-3 DE.  Given the number of DL Eberflus hopes to suit up each game he needs to keep who he has or have a plan to replace them.

At least for now they apparently see Attaochu being able to convert to a 4-3 DE.

18 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Here is a possible positive.

Sometimes you get a bunch of young guys playing and nobody told them they were supposed to stink and be irrelevant until some future date and they surprise everyone.  

It’s rare, but it happens.  

The Mighty Ducks?  OK.....so come on Mighty Bears!!!!  😁

17 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Seems incredibly optimistic that Olave is going to fall to the Bears' pick.  I think there's a slightly above zero percent chance that happens.  Think a trade up is almost certainly going to have to happen in order to get Olave.  Think it's going to either take both SRPs or a future FRP to get it done.

This is a football fan forum.  Check the TOS. You probably have them memorized right?

Reality may be suspended here on demand by any member at any time and it frequently is by some.  😆

7 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Not only did my miss my point but the entire point of the exercise altogether.

I know your usual shtick is to troll and play the debbie downer for division rivals at every chance you get, but atleast try reading first instead of cherry picking a small part of a post to rant about.

How is that trolling?  Trolling is posting with the intention of trying to incite a response.  What part of my comment about Olave unlikely to be available at 39 was unreasonable?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

How is that trolling?  Trolling is posting with the intention of trying to incite a response.  What part of my comment about Olave unlikely to be available at 39 was unreasonable?

It’s good to not see his stuff that he posts. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

It’s good to not see his stuff that he posts. 

I mean, if someone is going to assert that I'm trolling I'd like to see them support their argument.  I feel like I've made 3 very strong opinion on the Bears over the years.  First, I thought Mitchell Trubisky was a bad pick, and based on the direction that his career has gone I'd argue I was right on this one.  Second, I thought the Khalil Mack trade was bad, and that largely stemmed from my opinion that Trubisky wasn't the franchise QB that the Bears thought he was.  I thought the Raiders bungled the picks, but I think the trade concept made more sense for the Raiders then it did the Bears.  Let's call that a wash.  And thirdly, I said I didn't think Nagy was the coach to develop Justin Fields, and it appears the Bears' FO thought the same way.  I actually do really like Justin Fields, and I think this offseason/preseason is going to be critical as far as his success.  I think Teven Jenkins is going to be a rock solid RT, but I don't view him as a legitimate LT in the NFL.  I think Jaylon Johnson was going to be a stud coming out of Utah.  Darnell Mooney has been really good, and a fantastic #2 WR.  David Montgomery is probably one of the more underrated RBs in the NFL.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2022 at 12:50 PM, Bigbear72 said:

Need we point to the the 2020 Houston Texans WITH Watson almost throwing for 5000 yards and still only going 4-12? 4100 yards does not necessarily translate to 7-8 wins. 

This would be very best case scenario.  By that I mean Justin plays lights out and definitively shows that hes our QB of the future because I don't see The Bears having a winning record this season.  At least then Chicago won't have to worry about QB.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2022 at 3:05 AM, JAF-N72EX said:

Look at those traps! Kmet out here built like Chris benoit.

880930_chris-benoit-in-black-t-shirt-wwe

Predraft bias immediately kicked in and I called him "Useless Aggression." Not enitirely fair or accurate I know but made me giggle.

21 hours ago, FosterTheSkins said:

This would be very best case scenario.  By that I mean Justin plays lights out and definitively shows that hes our QB of the future because I don't see The Bears having a winning record this season.  At least then Chicago won't have to worry about QB.

Yep. He shows he can carry a mediocre cast then it sends the message that he is a legit talent, and FAs will be more willing to sign here without being overpaid. It is easier to boost a defense than an offense, and having a franchise QB is something that is entirely foreign to this franchise.

Plus top picks in the 2023 draft hopefully get us in a great position to address the numerous deficiencies to support him.

• Like 5

Interesting that the first fundamental that Getsy has changed about Fields is changing his front foot in the gun from right to left...having his left foot forward then allows him to open his hits up quicker and hit the Z receiver on in cutting routes...something we saw constantly from Rodgers to Adams...will be interesting to see where Mooney lines up in this minicamp.

8 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Interesting that the first fundamental that Getsy has changed about Fields is changing his front foot in the gun from right to left...having his left foot forward then allows him to open his hits up quicker and hit the Z receiver on in cutting routes...something we saw constantly from Rodgers to Adams...will be interesting to see where Mooney lines up in this minicamp.

Where are you getting that from

8 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Where are you getting that from

Fields hahaha...

He spoke to the press today at the start of mini camp...

Travis Gipson also spoke...interesting that he said a lot has been taken out the playbook meaning they can play faster...no doubt Flus' D is less complicated than Fangio's so we really will be going back to "see ball get ball" also said that in less than half a day he has heard about HITS over 50 times haha.

19 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Fields hahaha...

He spoke to the press today at the start of mini camp...

Travis Gipson also spoke...interesting that he said a lot has been taken out the playbook meaning they can play faster...no doubt Flus' D is less complicated than Fangio's so we really will be going back to "see ball get ball" also said that in less than half a day he has heard about HITS over 50 times haha.

That's better than hearing BOOM 50 times........atleast HITS actually has some meaning on the field.

• Like 1