Random Thoughts - 2022 Jan - to the Draft

dll2000

Speaking of Raiders.

Remember way back when some Raiders fan came on here ripping us for drafting MT when MT looked bad in 2019 and Mahomes was lighting world up?

I said something like look dude, Rodgers isn't going to be in GB for much longer, but you got Mahomes in your division for next decade or so.   Good luck with that.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Also just thought of this.   Raiders may be getting Rodgers in their division soon too LOL.

Yeah, they may well go into 2022 with a 31-year old Derek Carr, a 3x pro bowler who just threw for 4800 yards, and have clearly the 4th best QB in the division. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Yeah, they may well go into 2022 with a 31-year old Derek Carr, a 3x pro bowler who just threw for 4800 yards, and have clearly the 4th best QB in the division. 

6 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

If I'm the GM there I'm outlining a bold 15 year plan in which we just tank and accumulate (far) future draft capital and then have a big comeback once everyone retires.

9 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Raiders have had 6 fairly high number 1 picks in 3 years (six!) and blown 5 of them with 6th being a RB.    They also lost Mack in that process.

But for the Crosby find they are a near total failure of team building.

Edited by dll2000
  • Like 2

I think we won't have Covid restrictions for next training camp.  Remember the whole lottery system and like 100 people being there and most tickets unused.

I'll probably go to at least one practice at Halas and check it out with the new coach.   Like a 35 - 40 minute drive for me.  

I have been to Halas before it was rennovated as a USA football coach speaker.

There was only one way in and out and goes through a gateway.   Not sure if that is still true.  I hope not.  

If it is and 1000s of people are going to go it will be a nightmare of waiting.  I doubt that is case.  That would be crazy.

Listening to PFF (I like their podcast - one with the big guy and little bald guy).

But whenever they criticize other people's analytics I think of that old scene from Clear and Present Danger with Harrison Ford-

(From memory so probably not exact)

If you haven't seen it here is set up:  CIA Jack Ryan shows this drug lord in South America that his intelligence guy has been lying to him by using a recording of him.  

The intelligence guy gets confronted by drug lord and says, "You cannot believe him!  He lies for a living!"

Then the drug lord says, "You (he pronounces it 'Jew') are in the intelligence bus - i - ness!"

38 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

posted for Gotham city picture.  I found that funny.  

I know actually aging is a clear reason for it (just to be clear lol) but it is crazy to me how rapidly some of these politicians age. I swear its in dog years.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I know actually aging is a clear reason for it (just to be clear lol) but it is crazy to me how rapidly some of these politicians age. I swear its in dog years.

I have little sympathy for most of these psychos, but it absolutely is a round the clock job.  Even the softball stuff like ambassadors are operating at pretty high stress all the time. We get along great with our alderman, but when he started I thought he looked like a little kid and now he looks 20 years older than me. 

• Like 2

On 1/28/2022 at 10:57 AM, dll2000 said:

Raiders have had 6 fairly high number 1 picks in 3 years (six!) and blown 5 of them with 6th being a RB.    They also lost Mack in that process.

But for the Crosby find they are a near total failure of team building.

Who could have ever seen it coming?🙄🙄

• Like 2

16 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

I have little sympathy for most of these psychos, but it absolutely is a round the clock job.  Even the softball stuff like ambassadors are operating at pretty high stress all the time. We get along great with our alderman, but when he started I thought he looked like a little kid and now he looks 20 years older than me. 

Maybe violating your conscience near daily wrecks you.

It is impossible to get or keep those jobs and not do that.  

I have been asked on a few occasions to run for office.  Had I agreed I would very wealthy or on that path.  I’ll take door number 2 though.