Random Thoughts - 2022 Jan - to the Draft

dll2000

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

You can take this statement by Fields as good or bad depending on your perspective.  Rank took it as good:

I definitely take it more as “We don’t have an established “#1 WR” on our team” and not as a dig at the guys on the squad right now, both from a common sense standpoint and because the latter would have been completely out of character for Fields. 

Jaylon Johnson ran with 2nd team in practice.   Coach was asked and said don’t read into it.  

And also said it was about conditioning and a lot of other coach speak about looking at different guys.

Believe me whatever it is that is 100% a message of some kind.

Reps are currency in football practice and first team reps are higher currency.

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

Sure, but until this happens at Training Camp, it’s a non story

Oh I have little doubt Jaylon will be starter.   

He is head and shoulders better than Vildor, I am just saying Flus is trying to do some type of attitude adjustment. 

Not a huge deal.  Happens in football all time at every level.

Interesting in that it shows an early difference between Nagy and Flus.  Flus is more willing to be authoritarian and disciplinary.

• Like 1

So Kyle Fuller who was so incredibly bad in Denver last year that he got benched and they didn't go back in.   This was Fangio's FA signing too so he had a stake in him playing.    

This from a fan,

"he is absolutely terrible now. He literally got benched last year halfway through the season because he can no longer run with anybody and the Broncos were playing NFL journeymen CB5s and UDFAs over him

Glue....factory"

Kyle Fuller 2021 PFF grade was 47.2.   Roquan Smiths was 47.1.

That is what PFF thought of Smith in 2021.   Kind of incredible.  I may have to back and watch him play.

Was he bad?  I don't remember him being particularly good or bad.

I wonder what it would take to get him out of Indy...we know the importance of the UT, WLB & NB in this scheme and right now we only have Roquan...adding a 2nd bonified elite player at a key position would make sense.

I am thinking we don't see Quinn back in a Bears uniform.

They are going to trade him and don't want to risk injury in practice.  Right now they feel like the offers, if any, are too low ball and are willing to wait.

Without Quinn hard to argue this isn't a flat rebuild year and Bears are worst team in division for 2022. 

I think they are worst team in division with Quinn in 2022.  

37 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I am thinking we don't see Quinn back in a Bears uniform.

They are going to trade him and don't want to risk injury in practice.  Right now they feel like the offers, if any, are too low ball and are willing to wait.

Without Quinn hard to argue this isn't a flat rebuild year and Bears are worst team in division for 2022. 

I think they are worst team in division with Quinn in 2022.  

They're most likely waiting until after Jun 1st.  If they trade him now the Bears will only save 4.4M in cap and take on 13M in dead cap. If they wait until after June 1st then they save 13M and only take a 4M hit in dead cap.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Jaylon Johnson ran with 2nd team in practice.   Coach was asked and said don’t read into it.  

And also said it was about conditioning and a lot of other coach speak about looking at different guys.

Believe me whatever it is that is 100% a message of some kind.

Reps are currency in football practice and first team reps are higher currency.

Flus said a lot of players are being moved around.  1s are practicing with 2s and 3s and vice versa. Alot of coaches do this.

So in a span of 4 days I have blown a tire on my van that caused body damage too (said 2 months ago I needed to get it replaced and didnt even want to make a spare out of it), broke the screen on my phone (2nd time this year), and today I sat on my sons laptop and broke its screen. 

At what age do I stop sucking at life? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sugashane said:

So in a span of 4 days I have blown a tire on my van that caused body damage too (said 2 months ago I needed to get it replaced and didnt even want to make a spare out of it), broke the screen on my phone (2nd time this year), and today I sat on my sons laptop and broke its screen. 

65 and still stepping in it😟

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sugashane said:

On plus side you have a son, a van, a smart phone and a laptop.  

Sounds like maybe you don’t suck so bad.  

• Like 2