Random Thoughts - 2022 Jan - to the Draft

dll2000

On 2/4/2022 at 12:20 PM, RunningVaccs said:

Also: it seems my account is unkillable without some major transgression, and while it would be fun to pick a random fight on here for no reason beyond getting kicked off... I need a new username for various reasons, any suggestions?  I recently saw someone  who pasted a twitter post but without embedding properly, so it changed those stupid "Bear Down" emojis into "Bear Face Down Arrow" which frankly sounds like a kickass Comanche name or something. Any ideas?  

Anybody?  Right now I'm leaning towards:

Bear Face Down Arrow

Also, did you know there's a draft eligible CB named Coby Bryant? Damn.  That's gotta be kinda tough. 

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

Bear Face Down Arrow

Also, did you know there's a draft eligible CB named Coby Bryant? Damn.  That's gotta be kinda tough. 

I had him in my mock draft. 

In 2021…

Justin Fields had a 60% deep balls accuracy. That’s second in the NFL. 

Fields’ tight window pass percentage ranks 1st in the league. 

The #Bears have a guy. 

Stats per 

@Brickwallblitz

Just keep this guy upright and he can clearly throw to anyone anywhere on the field.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Just keep this guy upright and he can clearly throw to anyone anywhere on the field.

yeah an offensive scheme that actually knows what is doing, receivers that actually get open (and aren't running curls every damn play), and better OL play giving him a chance to make reads  (and I'm thinking the reads themselves are actually going to be much easier in this theorized scheme as well) and we could take a pretty sizable jump in the offensive department this year..... Let's hope it's not like Trestman's time where the defense falls off a cliff at the same time.

I was thinking.

Let’s say it’s 2002 and I am coach of Cleveland Cavs.  Let’s say the GM is a different race than me as well  

My GM comes to me and says, “I don’t really care what you do, but the greatest basketball prospect in history is from this city.  If I don’t have most ping pong balls come draft time there is going to be a problem between us.  I know losing sucks, don’t worry you will be compensated and we won’t forsake you.”

Then I say in my head.  Screw that guy.  The integrity of game is at stake. And I go out and win 25 games or whatever.  

Who is the bad guy in that scenario and who is the good?  

On 2/7/2022 at 12:56 PM, RunningVaccs said:

Bear Face Down Arrow

At the risk of purchasing some bad karma, my vote is for VirginiaMcCaskety

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I was thinking.

Let’s say it’s 2002 and I am coach of Cleveland Cavs.  Let’s say the GM is a different race than me as well  

My GM comes to me and says, “I don’t really care what you do, but the greatest basketball prospect in history is from this city.  If I don’t have most ping pong balls come draft time there is going to be a problem between us.  I know losing sucks, don’t worry you will be compensated and we won’t forsake you.”

Then I say in my head.  Screw that guy.  The integrity of game is at stake. And I go out and win 25 games or whatever.  

Chaotic good versus chaotic evil, gotta go with Coach Chatoic Good

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I was thinking.

The public probably determines that and I'd say Cavs fans would be pissed about losing out on LeBron James. Also, only winning 25 would just show you're an incompetent coach.

Unsure what the race component has to do with the situation?

Edited by The_Romen
Don't want to get hung up on race aspect, just wondering.

23 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I was thinking.

If the Bears landed a generational talent due to 1 bad year, I'd be forever grateful to the GM and coach in a sick way

• Like 2

13 hours ago, The_Romen said:

Unsure what the race component has to do with the situation?

I think that is an excellent question and is part of point.

I was obviously making an analogy to Flores allegations and Miami situation and tanking in general and what many writers and talking heads are recently saying in relation to the whole thing. 

6 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

If the Bears landed a generational talent due to 1 bad year, I'd be forever grateful to the GM and coach in a sick way

That was other part of my point.   Tanking has been a thing for decades especially in basketball.   But also in football and baseball - and probably hockey too.   Any sport with reverse draft order.   It makes sense

We don't know what all goes on behind scenes to achieve the tanking, but its' something.   The act of tanking is obvious and tons of teams have done it.   It is whole reason NBA started a lottery system.      

Media acting like Miami owner is a villain who should have his team stripped from him for throwing games and I think that is not really the case.  

Edited by dll2000
typo

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

That was other part of my point.   Tanking has been a thing for decades especially in basketball.   But also in football and baseball - and probably hockey too.   Any sport with reverse draft order.   It makes sense

We don't know what all goes on behind scenes to achieve the tanking, but its' something.   The act of tanking is obvious and tons of teams have done it.   It is whole reason NBA started a lottery system.      

Media acting like Miami owner is a villain who should have his team stripped from him for throwing games and I think that is not really the case.  

I don’t think it’s the tanking that’s the issue for most - I think it’s that it was allegedly being financially incentivized. 

• Like 1