2022 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

In general, my hope is we do with the offense this season what we did with the defense last season. Not in the sense of replacing as much(though if that is the route they decided they need to take, fine), but bringing in any/everyone needed to fit Kelly's changes.

If we give Kelly as much say over the offense as Schwartz seemed to have on defense, go sign the receivers or tight ends he wants/needs to make it work. Draft linemen or weapons.

We gave Schwartz Autry and Dupree on the front to make the minimal blitzing scheme work, we made a ton of changes in the secondary, brought in Jackrabbit, drafted Farley(obviously didn't get to play, but the intent was there of course), drafted Molden, drafted Weaver(again due to injury didn't play, but still making the effort to give whatever was needed/wanted to adjust the defense), drafted Rice(wasn't as big of a need as other positions last year, but to be able to replace Evans and Brown and not kill our depth, as we have him now able to back up Cunningham and Long).

That approach last off-season is what gives me hope for this one. We were willing to go all in to make the changes and fix the problems the defense had to adjust to the senior defensive assistant we brought in's scheme. Doing the same for Tim Kelly's passing offense could give us an incredible outcome.

5 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Hardman is super fast, but that accomplishes nothing if Hill and Kelce aren't on the field producing.

not to ignore the rest of your post but i feel like this is actually kind of the point. we have the "hill and kelce" analog with AJ and julio. i mean, you saw what freaking kalif raymond was able to do behind AJ and corey. he wasn't this integral part of the offense or anything, but he added a dimension that we just didn't have this past year. adding a player with his speed who is actually a better receiver would definitely help in that regard. 

it's not that i think that gesicki wouldn't be valuable if used in the right way, or that we shouldn't add good receivers/tight ends who aren't blazing fast guys- but that particular trait was something notably missing from our toolbox last year. any receiving depth that is better than chester goddamn rogers is an undeniable upgrade that will help our passing O, but there's something to be said for having a variety of talents at WR, imo.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Don’t see the Titans paying him a big contract but we will see 

For so many reasons I just don't see this happening. It would be inviting though because I think it would ultimately lead to a start to philosophy changing on offense.

I like his game. Dudes catch radius is wild. And has some sticky *** hands. I feel like he would just become our slot receiver. We would definitely need to find a nice blocking option to exist with him though.

If they are leaning into Tannehill, they better lean into options to make his life easier this year.

39 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

For so many reasons I just don't see this happening. It would be inviting though because I think it would ultimately lead to a start to philosophy changing on offense.

I like his game. Dudes catch radius is wild. And has some sticky *** hands. I feel like he would just become our slot receiver. We would definitely need to find a nice blocking option to exist with him though.

If they are leaning into Tannehill, they better lean into options to make his life easier this year.

I like the player, he’d be a nice guy in the red zone to go along with all the other weapons 

But by the Titans having to pay Landry Brown Simmons, I’m just not sure how we could afford it 

2 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I like the player, he’d be a nice guy in the red zone to go along with all the other weapons 

But by the Titans having to pay Landry Brown Simmons, I’m just not sure how we could afford it 

That's what you get if you don't re-sign Landry though, you have the ability to go after other guys in free agency.  Hopefully the Titans are exploring options that will be on the table if they think they have to walk away from Landry.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

That's what you get if you don't re-sign Landry though, you have the ability to go after other guys in free agency.  Hopefully the Titans are exploring options that will be on the table if they think they have to walk away from Landry.

Finding a good TE will be easier than replacing Landry

I don’t think they should walk away from Landry 

Yes Gesicki would be nice but I’m not throwing all my chips into his basket when there’s other guys for cheaper who could help 

There are also a good group of TEs in the draft all types shapes and sizes 

As far as Free Agency goes, Landry is priority number 1 for me 

I dunno why it's being treated as "Re-sign Landry or sign Gesicki" when both are more than doable. Requires work arounds with some other contracts, but it's easily doable. The Saints are/were in a 100x worse cap situation than we are and still kept managing to pull off whatever deals and etc they wanted to keep giving themselves a shot at another ring with Brees.

We should be looking at it the same way.

Tannehill is in his mid 30s, don't know how much longer he's got before he starts declining.

Henry is 28 and coming off a bad injury. It is noted that athletes typically recover fully from it/return to normal, which is nice, but combining that with his age getting up there and how much we've used him, he's probably only got another couple years at most of production left.

We could make some changes along the o-line, but if we run it back with the same or similar line as last year, Lewan, Saffold and Jones are all getting up there in age.

Schwartz is already receiving interest from teams about defensive coordinator positions again, we've probably realistically only have one more year of him if the defense repeats it's performance from last year.

Autry will be 32 this season and Dupree is 29 and he's dealt with some both serious and nagging injuries in his career. Byard will be 29 and while it isn't talked about as much and safeties do sometimes last longer than corners, that 30 wall is often a huge deal for defensive backs.

If we're serious about winning a ring, everything has to be full go this year. You're never guaranteed anything in the NFL, but we're certainly not with the ages of a lot of our impact players.

• Like 3

Not sure if anyone has posted the full list of Titans Free Agents

Its actually a pretty big list and we have a lot of our own guys to make decisions on

Ill post it by position group

Logan Woodside QB            Khari Blasingame FB                     Marcus Johnson WR

Chester Rodgers WR

Cameron Batson WR

Nick Westbrook Ikhene WR

Anthony Firkser TE          David Quessenberry RT            Avery Gennesy G

Geoff Swaim TE

Mycole Pruitt TE

Ben Jones C               Trevon Coley DT              Rashaan Evans LB                                                                                                         Kyle Peko DT                      Jayon Brown LB

Teair Tart DT                   Nick Duzubnar LB/ST

BJ Bello LB

Harold Landry OLB                 Dane Cruikshank DB          Morgan Cox LS

Ola Adeniyi OLB                    Mattias Farley DB/ST

Derrick Roberson OLB         Greg Mabin DB

Randy Bulluck K

Sam Ficken K

Edited by Titans fan 617

Im glad I actually went and looked at our free agents

So we literally have no meaningful TE's under contract

I know think Gesicki is in play

Gesicki, resigning Swaim, drafting 2 TE's all in play

If its not Gesicki, im fine with Schultz Gronk Njoku Ertz Engram and even though his drops an injury history scares me even OJ Howard are all guys id be happy with

Bringing back Woodside is the cheapest option but I do know a lot of people would prefer a legitimate back up to either push Tannehill or just have another option if he ever gets injured

Blasingame is probably gone, Carter probably takes over that role

I have no idea what the Titans do at WR

NWI will be brought back

Chester Rodgers is the interesting one because he was decent at PR

Roberson is always hurt so im fine with letting him walk

Id resign Ola and have Ola and Weaver as the back ups if Landry is also brought back

Morgan Cox is a must, we literally never had a bad snap at anything last year

Id bring back both kickers and let them compete  

FWIW

Rhett Bryan is on 104.5 The Zone this morning with Kayla Anderson and Will Boling

They were going over TE's

Rhett said yes it would be nice for the Titans to get Gesicki or Schultz but those guys are going to come off the board quick and get paid

He thinks the guy the Titans could target is David Njoku

I would be more than fine with Njoku

I think his skill set is similar to Jonnu Smith's

I, like Rhett, think Njoku has been misused in Cleveland

He probably needs a fresh start

Njoku will turn 26 in July

Rhett might be right, Njoku might be the way to go

Edited by Titans fan 617

3 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

FWIW

Rhett Bryan is on 104.5 The Zone this morning with Kayla Anderson and Will Boling

They were going over TE's

Rhett said yes it would be nice for the Titans to get Gesicki or Schultz but those guys are going to come off the baord quick and get paid

He thinks the guy the Titans could target is David Njoku

I would be more than fine with Njoku

I think his skill set is similar to Jonnu Smith's

I, like Rhett, think Njoku has been misused in Cleveland

He probably needs a fresh start

Njoku will turn 26 in July

Rhett might be right, Njoku might be the way to go

In terms of what I think we will end up doing, I agree with this line of thinking

i think we will wait for that first wave of TEs to get paid/signed. Could see a team like Jax spending for a guy like Gesicki

Id be happy with Njoku

More Rhett Bryan takes

I like Rhett, he's one of the real good guys that covers the Titans

Also one of the guys I felt really terrible for the Titans not at least getting to the SB this year

Nothing earth shattering but he also mentioned he thinks there are whole sale moves coming to the O-Line

I know everyone wants one of the WR's at 26 if they fall but I wonder if Tyler Linerbaum is really the guy the Titans are targeting

I wasn't a fan of the Wilson pick when it happened

Wasn't a fan of the Radunz pick when it happened mostly because I wanted a guy who could help us right away because we knew we weren't getting Caleb Farley right away as well

Now going forward, I'm fine with Radunz but we are banking on him taking a step and being able to be a good foundational piece starting right now

How do you think this plays out?

We still have Aaron Brewer, does he take a starting spot?

Not sure where he slots

He stepped in many times for us at Center but also stepped in an done well at Guard

I think Saffold is 100% a goner

I still want to keep Lewan

I know this is the best time to get out from under him but I'm willing to keep rolling with Lewan

Not sure if he is willing to restructure or not or how that could help us

So how do we look next August ?

Lewan Radunz Brewer Davis ?

Radunz Brewer Linderbaum Davis ?

Lewan Brewer Linderbaum Davis Radunz

? ? ? Davis ?

When the Titans lost I didnt think this would be a very interesting offseason mostly because I never really looked ahead much because I was so focused on a great end to the season 

Not sure when the offseason officially begins as far as the Titans starting to release guys

The Tag windows open tomorrow (2/22)

March 14th is the legal tampering which is basically the first day of free agency 

March 16th is the new league year which makes the signings and trades we see official

But I wonder when we start to see guys get released

Saffold was a good guy for the few years he was here, you would think they would let him go early enough so they dont stiff him in Free Agency

If anything happens with Lewan im sure he will tell us via Twitter and BWTB

Edited by Titans fan 617

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

With TE's, I feel we will be more on the side of:

• Tyler Conklin
  • Mo Allie-Cox
  • OJ Howard
  • Robert Tonyan
  • Hayden Hurst
  • Jordan Akins

Would only feel good about Howard in that group lol

I was thinking about Tonyan the other day, not sure how I feel about him

Not sure how good he really is

Not sure how much Aaron Rodgers is the reason we know who he is

Could the Titans double dip in the TE market?

Or do we think its a Free Agent from another team and the resigning of Firkser or Swiam and a Draft Pick?