2022 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

13 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Would only feel good about Howard in that group lol

I was thinking about Tonyan the other day, not sure how I feel about him

Not sure how good he really is

Not sure how much Aaron Rodgers is the reason we know who he is

Could the Titans double dip in the TE market?

Or do we think its a Free Agent from another team and the resigning of Firkser or Swiam and a Draft Pick?

Don't sleep on Conklin.  Go look at some of Cook's highlight runs and you'll find him blocking but they also design screens for him because he can move straight line and route running. 

Tonyan also has skills. I'd go look at them on youtube. They are upgrades to what we had/have. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Don't sleep on Conklin.  Go look at some of Cook's highlight runs and you'll find him blocking but they also design screens for him because he can move straight line and route running. 

Tonyan also has skills. I'd go look at them on youtube. They are upgrades to what we had/have. 

Conklin is good, I noticed him a bunch this year

Tonyan I definitely have to look into beacuse I just dont know

I know he has had big games but just dont know enough of him even though they were on TV a lot

7 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Conklin able to be on the field for runs and passes would only add to the offense. And being to be split out wide is big. 
Decent blocker in the run game. 

I dont mind Conklin at all

I just watched a few Tonyan highlight videos

The reason I have had trouble figuring him out because the first half of the videos I just watched he was wide open a ton

They didnt show any of him blocking in the video package I seen so I have to keep digging on him

Not sure what the price tag would be for Conklin but I would think it would be very affordable

Wonder if they would double dip in the TE market if they get him for a very affordable contract

Njoku won’t be cheap either. I think he has a Delanie Walker type career. Starts off slow due to a number of reasons(better TE ahead of him, average-below average QB play), etc. He’s developed very nicely as a blocker and if you put him with a solid QB in an offense that wants to target the TE, he could be a very good TE. He won’t get Gesicki or Schultz money but he’ll definitely be up there. Conklin is the guy I think they target. Good blocker and a solid receiver. He’s not an elite athlete but he’s much better than the likes of Swaim and Pruitt and he can actually block unlike Firkser.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Njoku won’t be cheap either. I think he has a Delanie Walker type career. Starts off slow due to a number of reasons(better TE ahead of him, average-below average QB play), etc. He’s developed very nicely as a blocker and if you put him with a solid QB in an offense that wants to target the TE, he could be a very good TE. He won’t get Gesicki or Schultz money but he’ll definitely be up there. Conklin is the guy I think they target. Good blocker and a solid receiver. He’s not an elite athlete but he’s much better than the likes of Swaim and Pruitt and he can actually block unlike Firkser.

Id be happy with either guy

I bet Conklin is a guy JRob and Vrabel love on film

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

We have to double dip IMO. Sign one and draft one in the mid rounds. Hopefully both can block and catch. No more one dimensional TEs.

Agree 100. If we can find good TE play it totally changes our offense. Or dare I say we hit on a special type talent at TE. A Kittle type of talent. That's the kind of thing that absolutely elevates our offense to new levels. I really think this is the missing key to a deep playoff run. Sounds obvious and dreamy but its what I desperately want.

18 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

I dunno why it's being treated as "Re-sign Landry or sign Gesicki" when both are more than doable.

Not when one of the other things is paying AJ Brown $20 million a year.

Like, I know you can move money around, but the Titans have like $8 million in space, now.  Cut Saffold, it goes to 18.  Cut Jenkins, it goes to 24, I think.  Cut Lamm, Kern, and it goes to like 30.  That right there isn't enough to pay both Jones and Landry the average amount they'll be getting, much less add someone like Gesicki.  And that's also not accounting for re-signing Ben Jones and any others on that long list of free agents.

Titans have to make cuts and restructure some guys just to get under the cap enough to re-sign two players and extend AJ Brown.  They can't do both and go after anyone significant in free agency without a whole lot of restructure money being manufactured.

And then of course, there's filling out the roster in positions where we have nothing now with guys that are more than practice bodies.

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Not when one of the other things is paying AJ Brown $20 million a year.

Like, I know you can move money around, but the Titans have like $8 million in space, now.  Cut Saffold, it goes to 18.  Cut Jenkins, it goes to 24, I think.  Cut Lamm, Kern, and it goes to like 30.  That right there isn't enough to pay both Jones and Landry the average amount they'll be getting, much less add someone like Gesicki.  And that's also not accounting for re-signing Ben Jones and any others on that long list of free agents.

Titans have to make cuts and restructure some guys just to get under the cap enough to re-sign two players and extend AJ Brown.  They can't do both and go after anyone significant in free agency without a whole lot of restructure money being manufactured.

And then of course, there's filling out the roster in positions where we have nothing now with guys that are more than practice bodies.

They don't HAVE to cut anyone to make it work, even with Brown(and even Simmons) extension.

Can merely move cap hits down the road. It will eventually catch up to you and potentially destroy your team in the future(like it seems it's gonna do to the Saints), but you can do it for some time.

You make that choice when you know you have a window open to win a ring though. Rams aren't too dissimilar either, though I don't think their cap situation is nearly as bad as the Saints, but they gave up their entire future in terms of draft picks to do it.

If you want to win immediately, there are ways to do it. You just pay for it later.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

They don't HAVE to cut anyone to make it work, even with Brown(and even Simmons) extension.

Can merely move cap hits down the road. It will eventually catch up to you and potentially destroy your team in the future(like it seems it's gonna do to the Saints), but you can do it for some time.

You make that choice when you know you have a window open to win a ring though. Rams aren't too dissimilar either, though I don't think their cap situation is nearly as bad as the Saints, but they gave up their entire future in terms of draft picks to do it.

If you want to win immediately, there are ways to do it. You just pay for it later.

Cripple the team now. Destroy it later.

You have to have a lot of faith in your personnel department to let players walk in order to get cheaper now and still hope to be competitive. 

Im interested to see how the O-Line shakes out and also scared lol 

There’s a chance we have 2 rookies and a guy who only played in a handful of games starting on the O-Line next year 

Not that he knows it all but Rhett Bryan thinks Radunz will be the LG going into camp 

Lewan Radunz ? Davis ?

I really don’t want Quessenbery back but I could see them resigning him 

A 32 year Ben Jones who is routinely battling injuries but is tough as nails might not be in the cards for the Titans 

Very interested to see how we handle the O-Line 

I think Linderbaum or a RT could be the pick in the first round if they don’t trade back