2022 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

32 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Defense definitely wasn’t the same and it wasn’t just the personnel…. But its been discussed numerous times so kind of pointless. 

Defense was the same from a schematic stand point you can look it up you gott better results for 2 reasons players were comfortable playing in the same scheme accepting their roles vs having to learn a new scheme & better players you upgraded at pass rush & corner which give you more Scheme flexibility, you can’t call certain things when you don’t have the personnel that can cover, that can eat up blocks, that can get pressure. We ran the same coverage concepts an all & oh our CB’s didn’t play 19 yards off sitting on routes 

Edited by TitanRedd

31 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

We do not blitz more. The numbers are on PFR to check, though I already provided them in the first post made about this.

We do play to our personnel strengths  though, that’s why we play a lot of 3 safety looks, or man 2 high safety looks our Safety’s are interchangeable both with ball skills can play in space we can play quarters, cover 3, robber & cuinkshank can cover Playing man or TE’s. We take advantage of that which is why we drop Landry in coverage too. We couldn’t do that last yr no pass rush secondary was depleted but we ran the same stuff 

Okay personnel didn’t make a difference & the scheme totally changed, tell me how many games Fulton played last yr, last I check we got rid of 2 CB’s who couldn’t cover a twin size bed with a king sheet in Joseph & butler & Jackson had his rookie hiccups, okay upgrade Autry over a bum jackcrawford who couldn’t eat blocks nor rush the passer, okay now bench the weak link at LB in Evans, also get a pash rusher in Dupree that require a double team & can get pressure when we signed a no show to rush the passer last yr. If you don’t see how 3 players makes a huge difference mannnn

Personnel did change. Schwartz's pass rush scheme wouldn't work if it didn't(again, see 04-06 Titans), it requires having a front 4 that can get to the QB. And so did the scheme, at least as it relates to the pass rush. As shown by how it mimicked what Schwartz is known for in his career and not what what the Dean Pees/Mike Vrabel/Shane Bowen line was known for.

11 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Personnel did change. Schwartz's pass rush scheme wouldn't work if it didn't(again, see 04-06 Titans), it requires having a front 4 that can get to the QB. And so did the scheme, at least as it relates to the pass rush. As shown by how it mimicked what Schwartz is known for in his career and not what what the Dean Pees/Mike Vrabel/Shane Bowen line was known for.

Schwartz pass rush scheme is nothing special we actually ran the same scheme from a rush stand point before he arrived. Shchwartz rush scheme comes from Jim Washburn our former DL coach & it’s basically having your DE’s rush from a wide 9 technique, which in a 34 how most rush LB’s rush out wide to threaten the OT with speed coming off the edge. We been doing that we simply just didn’t have the personnel to get it done. That’s just like how you saw a decline in our sack production when Haynesworth left, kearse, Tony brown, Jacob ford vandenbosch. It wasn’t the system wasn’t working we didn’t have the talent to execute. 1 thing I will give credit Schwartz implemented were DL stunts. But far as coverages nothing change we just improved our roster guys bought into their role, do y’all recall our CB’s literally couldn’t cover last year playing 10 yards off & how many plays Evans was blowing in coverage we simply corrected that

Furthermore just do your research on Schwartz as DC nothing special especially far as coverage goes that was always our Achilles heel with him in the fisher era, all we ever produced under him were sacks & we stopped the run, pass coverage we were always mediocre. We were always bend but don’t break, we ran Tampa 2 cover 2 we played man every now & then. Everywhere Schwartz been his defense been about pass rush he’s nothing special yes he’s insightful & I believe helps out with game planning 

21 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Stupid that he wasn’t brought back but they sign a guy like Moore who they have no history with and likely isn’t going to matchup with TEs like Cruikshank did. Probably shouldn’t even see the field on defense if we’re being honest.

I think we draft another safety this year honestly some to think about it hooker is a FA  after next season I believe or season after I don’t see him getting paid over Fulton 

6 hours ago, 615finest said:

Finally somebody that said something with some sense lol

Mike spitting straight facts.

I am not worried. Still believe there is a plan to bring in more talent. 

The waiting game has begun. And Jrob is definitely looking for budget deals.

I hope we fill the holes and go WR with the first pick. I really think that's what we end up doing.