2022 Titans Offseason Thread

ttitansfan4life

13 hours ago, twotonebluenation said:

Mike spitting straight facts.

I am not worried. Still believe there is a plan to bring in more talent. 

The waiting game has begun. And Jrob is definitely looking for budget deals.

I hope we fill the holes and go WR with the first pick. I really think that's what we end up doing. 

I feel like we almost have to. Unless an elite offensive line prospect somehow drops to us. 

• Like 1

i think this is actually a great (maybe unintentional) explanation of why people get so frustrated with jon robinson despite the fact that he is an objectively good, successful GM. the 3 positions we've invested the most in through his drafts are currently some of the biggest holes on the roster (arguably the 3 biggest although TE has a strong case). his failures are hyper-visible, despite his numerous clear successes.

3 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i think this is actually a great (maybe unintentional) explanation of why people get so frustrated with jon robinson despite the fact that he is an objectively good, successful GM. the 3 positions we've invested the most in through his drafts are currently some of the biggest holes on the roster (arguably the 3 biggest although TE has a strong case). his failures are hyper-visible, despite his numerous clear successes.

Counterpoint, it could be that he invests the most in those because those are the positions he's failing at.  If you're knocking it out of the park every time you pick an ILB, you don't have to pick them often.

• Like 2

I’d say CB is a pretty solid group too. They need another guy in that room but be as far as what we have, we have CB1 in Fulton, we have nickel CB in Molden, we have the high pick with a lot of talent who just needs to get on the field in Farley. You have the experienced vet who played well off the street in Skrine. Skrine also has inside/outside versatility. Then you have the CB5 guy in Jackson who played well at times before the injury last season. Also has inside/outside versatility. We need another guy which maybe we bring Jenkins back or we draft someone like Alontae Taylor in the mid rounds. A lot really depends on Farley but we know we have CB1 already.

42 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Counterpoint, it could be that he invests the most in those because those are the positions he's failing at.  If you're knocking it out of the park every time you pick an ILB, you don't have to pick them often.

i think that's partially true, but if you look at ILB, we whiffed badly on rashaan evans but nobody cares as much because we got david long, and monty rice looked promising as well. whereas with OT/WR, the first round picks and mid-late-round picks have all been duds (AJ being the very notable exception, of course). 

I understand the overall point of Mike’s tweet, but it is also probably worth noting that those top three positions also happen to be the first three first round picks Robinson made. Which not coincidentally are the three highest firsts we’ve had in his tenure and are the ones that weigh heaviest in a draft value formula.

The OL investment has obviously been huge, but like WR is obviously skewed by the CD pick five years ago. It’s the only top 50 pick we’ve spent on a pass catcher in six years right?

29 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

i think that's partially true, but if you look at ILB, we whiffed badly on rashaan evans but nobody cares as much because we got david long, and monty rice looked promising as well. whereas with OT/WR, the first round picks and mid-late-round picks have all been duds (AJ being the very notable exception, of course). 

Yeah.  AJ seems like a happy accident.  Jury is still out on Fitzpatrick, but it's not been promising.

And it is worrying that one of the areas with the worst draft history are the areas we're likely to be drafting.  Outside of AJ, the biggest hits have been Corey Davis (who we picked over the obvious Mike Williams, who has been better overall), and Tajae Sharpe, who was a depth guy who outplayed his fifth round slot for a few years, and that's it.  Every other pick has been just bad.  And even worse, almost all of them went against conventional wisdom for who the pick should be, and conventional wisdom is like batting a thousand.

But we're also likely looking at IOL and S early, and those aren't bad.  In fact, the batting average at S is nuts.  All the picks have been middle to late, and they've all been good players.

Obviously Cruik’s injury history worked against him, but my only guess is that his asking price came down dramatically in the last couple weeks once he had a gauge of the interest levels. Otherwise, yeah, if it’s as simple as us deciding that we’re going to pay Moore twice as much as Cruikshank, that seems real off to me.

10 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Obviously Cruik’s injury history worked against him, but my only guess is that his asking price came down dramatically in the last couple weeks once he had a gauge of the interest levels. Otherwise, yeah, if it’s as simple as us deciding that we’re going to pay Moore twice as much as Cruikshank, that seems real off to me.

Cruik seemed dead set on leaving soon as the season ended.

Maybe Bears are giving him an expanded role?

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Cruik seemed dead set on leaving soon as the season ended.

Maybe Bears are giving him an expanded role?

Maybe, but that’s certainly not expanded role money lol. That’s pure ST’er money (or less than that I guess based on Moore’s deal).

6 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Maybe, but that’s certainly not expanded role money lol. That’s pure ST’er money (or less than that I guess based on Moore’s deal).

True. 
Titans were ready to move on for some reason if you look at the money.

Unless AJ Moore has skills we just haven't seen yet. 

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

yeah but cruikshank has never played for the houston texans. checkmate

• Like 1