Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

I will say Poles inherits best situation of any new Bears GM in a long time. 

Not a great situation by any means (or there wouldn't be a job opening), but not a total poop show like Pace inherited.

You have young players with potential at some key positions.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

... Too young and just one team.    

One team but three front-office regimes ...

• He began his career as a scouting assistant under Scott Pioli.
  • He was Director of College Scouting under John Dorsey.
  • Executive Director of Player Personnel under Brett Veach.

Thats a nice variety of experiences, philosophies, and styles. 

Edited by IotaNet
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Gotta wonder if Flores might like that opening in New Orleans the best. That franchise seems like it could be in the right place to give him what he wants.

As long as he stays away from The Bears I don't care where he goes.  Highly overrated.  I don't see the big appeal some have for him as a HC?

46 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

So where do the Bears go with their coach hire? New GM Ryan Poles and Colts DC Matt Eberflus—a Bears finalist—have built a relationship the last few years. And Poles is also close with ex-Dolphins coach Brian Flores, both having played football at Boston College.

Would love to know how this came about...could be really big for us.

2 minutes ago, IotaNet said:

One team but three front-office regimes ...

He began his career as a scouting assistant under Scott Pioli.
He was Director of College Scouting under John Dorsey
Executive Director of Player Personnel under Brett Veach.

Thats a nice variety of experiences, philosophies, and styles. 

" Pioli's final year in Kansas City was fraught with controversy and fan unrest as the Chiefs floundered to franchise-worst 2–14 season in 2012, securing their first #1 pick in team history."

"The Cleveland Browns have fired John Dorsey after two seasons as the team’s general manager amid dysfunction in the front office."

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

" Pioli's final year in Kansas City was fraught with controversy and fan unrest as the Chiefs floundered to franchise-worst 2–14 season in 2012, securing their first #1 pick in team history."

"The Cleveland Browns have fired John Dorsey after two seasons as the team’s general manager amid dysfunction in the front office."

Your saying that like it's a bad thing...the worry for Poles was he had only seen success...the above shows he hasn't...he has seen a ton of change and that is exactly what you learn and grow from.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

Your saying that like it's a bad thing...the worry for Poles was he had only seen success...the above shows he hasn't...he has seen a ton of change and that is exactly what you learn and grow from.

LOL

I love Bears fans.  I am there with you.   I will be an optimist until it is time not to be.

Bears almost never do what I want them to and I am still here.   I think last year was first time I was ever really happy with a draft.   I was just a kid in 80s.

3 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

This is why I like it.

Now we just gotta get someone to hire Champ Kelly so we can score some extra draft picks for him to work with… 

• Like 2