Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

11 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

It was going to offend some folk.   So I thought better of it.

It was meant to be light hearted, but you don't get to see my stupid smirk to go with it in a post.

Chicago has the biggest Poles in the entire league. Most of the other teams, they don't have any Poles at all.

12 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Didn't George say over and over after they fired Nagy and Pace that the GM will have full control of the football operations? Combine that with DBB's tweet and I think he does.

I don't have twitter so Idk who is a legit source or anything, I'm just skeptical of George being able to keep from mucking things up in some way. Ineptitude usually doesn't fix itself. 

18 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Chiefs beat writer for the Athletic's best guess even before Poles was hired was if he comes here it will be Matt Eberflus for HC & Mike Kafka for OC...I could think of much much worse combinations.

Yeah, if this is true, Kafka being a QB coach would also help with Fields development.  I am fully expecting Eberflus to dip into The Reid tree, for offense since that's the system in Indy. 

Eberflus is my second choice so I will not be that bummed out if he gets the gig. One of my brothers is a Colts fan and thinks highly of him.  Says he gets an unfair rap by fans and most of the Colts defensive woes were because of poor player selection by the GM and Matt was able to make chicken salad out of chicken feed. 

10 minutes ago, FosterTheSkins said:

Yeah, if this is true, Kafka being a QB coach would also help with Fields development.  I am fully expecting Eberflus to dip into The Reid tree, for offense since that's the system in Indy. 

Eberflus is my second choice so I will not be that bummed out if he gets the gig. One of my brothers is a Colts fan and thinks highly of him.  Says he gets an unfair rap by fans and most of the Colts defensive woes were because of poor player selection by the GM and Matt was able to make chicken salad out of chicken feed. 

I think Eberflus is moving ahead of Quinn for me at this point due to one thing only...Eberflus will bring more of a toughness and accountability to this team...Quinn is known as being a really positive motivator but in some ways I think we need more of a taskmaster who has high standards and expects them to meet them...

If Kafka is his OC that also makes a lot of sense here as a guy who can keep some aspects of this offence but overall make it more aggressive and downfield than it was under Nagy...I also think we will see a better version of the Reid offence under Kafka because unlike Nagy he wouldn't need to worry about anything but the offence.

4 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I think Eberflus is moving ahead of Quinn for me at this point due to one thing only...Eberflus will bring more of a toughness and accountability to this team...Quinn is known as being a really positive motivator but in some ways I think we need more of a taskmaster who has high standards and expects them to meet them...

If Kafka is his OC that also makes a lot of sense here as a guy who can keep some aspects of this offence but overall make it more aggressive and downfield than it was under Nagy...I also think we will see a better version of the Reid offence under Kafka because unlike Nagy he wouldn't need to worry about anything but the offence.

I kind of hope John DeFilippo sticks around as QB coach...

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I don't have twitter so Idk who is a legit source or anything, I'm just skeptical of George being able to keep from mucking things up in some way. Ineptitude usually doesn't fix itself. 

It doesn’t… except when it steps out of the way. DBB has been all over this whole search from day 1. If he says George is making it Poles’ call then he probably is. 

2 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

I'm happy we got our guy, but who knows if he will be any good. 36 years old is pretty young to be the GM of a team. After Emery and Pace I'm not going to be over the moon with any guy. Let's see how his first draft turns out. 

Yeah, his credentials look good, but it’s a crap shoot. I’m just thrilled it wasn’t a complete head scratcher. #lowbar 

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

Especially in the WNBA.

When Aaron Rodgers claimed he owned the Bears, it's because he knew that soon, it would mean that there would be a great deal more Poles in his life, and he was excited about it. The man likes a little bit of Woodley in his life.

Edited by chisoxguy7
  • Like 1

Interesting look at the KC Draft Process...

Over the last six drafts KC have drafted 6 WRs...only Mecole Hardman was taken above the 4th round…their current WR roster…

Mecole Hardman – 2nd round

Tyreek Hill – 5th round

Marcus Kemp - UDFA

Byron Pringle - UDFA

Demarcus Robinson – 4th round

This team seems like it is all playmakers but they find guys later who have traits…

Another really fascinating thing with them is how their drafting has massively changed over the last three years…in 2016, 17 & 18 they didn’t draft a single OL…in 19, 20 & 21 they drafted 4 including a 2nd & 3rd rounders who became starters and 6th & 7th rounders one of who became a starter and one who plays significant snaps…they also made a massive trade for Orlando Brown Jr. & signed Joe Thuney to a massive FA contract…they clearly understood after watching Mahomes running for his life in the Superbowl they had to change something…it took them two years to build that starting OL…4 or the 5 starters were brought in this year…for all the speed an explosiveness this team is build on that OL and hopefully (and seemingly) Poles played a massive role in this…I would love to see him continue to value the OL over anything else this offseason offensively.

• Like 1