Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

Kellen Moore is gonna be a HC very soon, whether it’s with us or not. Interesting to see as he’s only 4 years older than me lol. 

I just want our next guy to be gifted at offense or defense, not hired just for getting hired by Andy Reid. Moore is a top 3 option for me at this moment though. 

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Has this ever happened? A d-coordinator left his job to be a sitting duck for 13 games?

Either way Lovie can't coach. He hasn't done a good job of it in a decade. His schemes are outdated and he's a putz. 

What I'll say about Lovie is he's a great leader of men and has a good defensive mind but ya the time has definitely passed him by. People need to move on already 

17 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

2) Shane Waldron - gets us in the "mcvay" tree that hopefully would give us the ability to play in a current nfl offense. downside is only one year as an OC, but that worked out ok for lefleur in GB

That's a dangerous game to play.  There's little doubt that LaFleur has been a beneficiary of having Aaron Rodgers as his starting QB.  As a bystander, I'd argue that Daboll is probably the best candidate right now for Chicago.  Kellen Moore is intriguing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Has this ever happened? A d-coordinator left his job to be a sitting duck for 13 games?

Either way Lovie can't coach. He hasn't done a good job of it in a decade. His schemes are outdated and he's a putz. 

Not that I'm aware of.  And I think it'd only happen if he was already fired from his current gig.

59 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

That's a dangerous game to play.  There's little doubt that LaFleur has been a beneficiary of having Aaron Rodgers as his starting QB.  As a bystander, I'd argue that Daboll is probably the best candidate right now for Chicago.  Kellen Moore is intriguing.

I agree, that's why Daboll is my #1 target, and has been for over a year

• Like 1

Screw the "branches" and "trees".  If that's such a great approach why isn't Matt Nagy another Andy Reid?  Why haven't any of Belicheat's former assistants and/or coordinators cut a fat hog as someone else HC.  What we need is our very own acorn we can grow our own tree from. 

Choose from the less likely everyone else is seeking.  Bring in a guy like Dave Toub who knew how to get excellence out of his ST every year even with a revolving door of players.  First get a guy who know how to coach period.  Offense, defense, ST, it doesn't matter.

Guys who can coach positions and even handle coordinator positions are all over the place.  If you have player talent and a strong HC to work under you can fill the other spots with some of the best minds out there.  But you need a strong leader players believe in and respect.

Find that guy and hire him.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I think we can all agree that Nagy has to go as quickly as possible given he has proven he is completely incapable of developing an offence that can work in the NFL...so as much as I don't doubt we will have to suffer through the rest of the season with him at the helm I figured we could start to look ahead at some of the potential candidates to be our next OC...I am going to collate as much info as possible on candidates, strengths and weaknesses, their offensive philosophies & schemes, what kinds of staffs they could bring with them & how could they impact this franchise overall...here are the guys I want to look at in no particular order or based on how much I like them (Hate McDaniels haha)...

Brian Daboll...Buffalo Bills OC

Byron Leftwich...Tampa Bay Buccaneers OC

Joe Brady...Carolina Panthers OC

Josh McDaniels...New England Patriots OC

Kellen Moore...Dallas Cowboys OC

Kevin O'Connell...LA Rams OC

Klint Kubiak...Minnesota Vikings OC

Mike McDaniel...San Francisco 49ers OC

Shane Waldron...Seattle Seahawks OC

Who else would you like to see as a potential candidate for the top job?

I was excited about Matt Nagy as that Chiefs 2017 offense was humming, but the thing I learned is I do not want another guy who had success under a HC who has **** all in one sack, so cross of Leftwich, McDaniels, and other McDaniel for me. Cross Josh McDaniels off twice for being a goofy ****head, he's like the anti-Nagy; he can definitely craft an offense while losing the team in a hurry.

Daboll has done a lot to both devlop a QB and create a cohesive offense, so off your list he or Moore are my guys (but I don't know as much as many of you all)

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

He's not going to be an interim coach, dude. 

This conversation is about who they would hire in January. If they fire Nagy, they're going to let Desai or Lazor be the coach for the final 13 games. Honestly I don't give a damn who the interim coach is. It could be you. That guy isn't going to get the full time job unless they finish 11-2

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 1