Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

5 hours ago, soulman said:

And I will do the same but brother I am sick to death of this circular debate so it either stops now or I'm gonna put you on ignore which is not what I normally choose to do with those whom I feel are good members but you just won't let this go and it's going nowhere but round and round and round.  Please stop pushing it.

Again that is your choice to do that...personally not something I would ever do but like I said your decision man.

5 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

SPOILER: it won't be Joe Brady

Joe Brady is over rated.  I don't know why some people were considering him a serious HC candidate.

He still has a lot to prove IMO before being considered for that type of promotion. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Joe Brady is over rated.  I don't know why some people were considering him a serious HC candidate.

He still has a lot to prove IMO before being considered for that type of promotion. 

If Cristobal gets the Miami job, I'm wondering if he goes there to be the OC

Or if he gets the Michigan HC job after the Bears lure Harbaugh here ;)

• Like 2

Not sure if this was asked, but do we not need a new General Manager before getting a new head coach?  Do we trust Pace to pick the new head coach?

I'm not totally sold Pace has the bears best interests in mind, just something that will look pretty to save his job one more day.

That being said, I know Harbaugh might not be the best choice, but I 100% would love the move if they indeed was able to pull that off.  He's worked with similar QBs like Justin Field and has had a lot of success before heading to Michigan.

Whoever we get, I'm hoping its not a new name no one heard of before and someone who has had lots of success.

We also need someone who understands the value of protecting our QB.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BearsFanForever said:

Not sure if this was asked, but do we not need a new General Manager before getting a new head coach?  Do we trust Pace to pick the new head coach?

I'm not totally sold Pace has the bears best interests in mind, just something that will look pretty to save his job one more day.

That being said, I know Harbaugh might not be the best choice, but I 100% would love the move if they indeed was able to pull that off.  He's worked with similar QBs like Justin Field and has had a lot of success before heading to Michigan.

Whoever we get, I'm hoping its not a new name no one heard of before and someone who has had lots of success.

Most of us would like to see Pace get fired but it seems the top brass loves him, so we will see if it happens.

Pace has some really nice hits and some really bad misses, he seems like an average GM to me. I'd rather aim higher and if the new GM sucks then move on again than remain in Bears purgatory.

• Like 1

I have a feeling Pace isn't going anywhere, Justin Fields might have saved his job. We've realized Matt Nagy is in over his head, I'd give Pace one more stab at getting the head coach right.

Just hire Josh McDaniels and give him all the power he wants, Pace can be a de facto GM and just focus on getting the players Josh McDaniels wants.

Nah, the dumba** owner and his butt buddy will fire Pace and hire some jamoke to be the GM who will hire another bad coach

Rinse repeat in 2025

4 hours ago, BearsFanForever said:

If you do keep Pace you should extend him.   A lame duck GM with a new coach is almost as stupid as a lame duck coach with a rookie QB.

I don't think they should keep him mind you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Nah, the dumba** owner and his butt buddy will fire Pace and hire some jamoke to be the GM who will hire another bad coach

Rinse repeat in 2025

This is my fear as well and why I'm not in a rush to jettison Pace out of the organization.

12 minutes ago, G08 said:

This is my fear as well and why I'm not in a rush to jettison Pace out of the organization.

I'd rather bomb until we get it right than stay in football purgatory. I can get excited about top-tier prospects more than I can constant 7-10 or 8-9 seasons.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I'd rather bomb until we get it right than stay in football purgatory. I can get excited about top-tier prospects more than I can constant 7-10 or 8-9 seasons.

9 playoff appearances in 31 seasons man, we're already in football purgatory.

• Like 1