Bears Hire Ryan Poles as GM & Matt Eberflus as HC

Madmike90

3 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Again, had we fired Pace once we were eliminated and hired Poles 2 weeks ago none of that would be a concern because he would have been in the room from the beginning. Sigh. 

Good point. 

But there is still time.   Season isn't even over yet.  You don't have to hire someone by end of week.

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

Right? And furthermore, after George made such a huge push about his process you’d think that even if he lets Poles make the hire (as he should) he’d strongly encourage him to look at the full gamut of candidates. “We’ve compiled as much info as we can for you to make the most informed choice you can, and given you our recommendations. Take a look, see if you like anyone else, and go get ‘em.” Poles is a scout - he’s gonna want to make his own decision. You don’t make a recommendation on a draft pick watching just a few guys play. Can’t imagine he’d do so with a HC hire either. 

Exactly.   Maybe he knows all about 3 - 5 guys or so.   But he hasn't had time to know in depth about the rest.

And how many guys has he been in same room with talking?  It's different.   

There are only so many hours in a day.   He was still working for KC until like a minute ago after all.

20 hours ago, TankWilliams said:

I've seen my bad takes enough in the bumped versions of the old hire threads that I'm going to take the wait and see approach on this xD

You have to learn to use weasel words and phrases.

Like he will be good "If" this happens.

He could succeed, "but"

And say these are my concerns and list them, but also say I really like these things ... 

That way you never look too bad in future.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

He had better draft atleast 5 All-Pros and win 10+ games every year. Otherwise this fickle fan base will be calling for him to be fired by 2024.

I think we are at the point where you can stop exaggerating the other sides point. We won.

Pace was given ample time to build a consistently winning team. People's expectations were not the problem, his performance as GM and his hiring of Nagy were.

• Like 2

Just now, WindyCity said:

Kap has been a mess lately. Him and Hub have just been throwing stuff around.

They all have, really. Even Rap and Schefter keep saying things are close here and other places which has played out to be patently untrue. So much guessing.

The only one who appears to have been on point consistently at least as far as the Bears go is DBB, and that troubles me because he thinks the Bears might be hiring a coach as soon as today and I’m not especially enamored with any of the 3 “finalists.”

• Like 2

Jordan Schultz

@Schultz_Report

·

39m

Dan Quinn is meeting with the #Bears right now, source confirms. Chicago brass loves DQ’s attitude and ability to connect with players - as well as his capacity to construct a winning defense. I’m told new GM Ryan Poles “would ideally like to make a decision this week.”

3 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Jordan Schultz

@Schultz_Report

·

39m

Dan Quinn is meeting with the #Bears right now, source confirms. Chicago brass loves DQ’s attitude and ability to connect with players - as well as his capacity to construct a winning defense. I’m told new GM Ryan Poles “would ideally like to make a decision this week.”

They loved Caldwell’s ability to connect with players and his plan for Fields yesterday too. Next we gonna hear that George would be fine with Eberflus watching his great grandkids on a Saturday night lol? 

• Like 1