Vikings expected to hire Kwesi Adofo-Mensah as GM

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

well, the old school technique and personnel produced very average results.

I wanted Poles but I’m open to a new approach. Just hope it doesn’t burn us in not hiring leaders with more of a football/scouting background. Kwesi probably needs to surround himself with strong football/scouting people otherwise process analysis won’t matter if his football people aren’t any good. 

• Like 1

With Adofo-Mensah having worked under Andrew Berry, I’m curious if he brings in Catherine Raiche as his number two. She impressed the Vikings in her interview and his former boss worked with her in Philly. It would be a promotion for Raiche so it wouldn’t be blocked.

Vikings also interviewed Raiche for our open GM position.

3 minutes ago, vike daddy said:
With Adofo-Mensah having worked under Andrew Berry, I’m curious if he brings in Catherine Raiche as his number two. She impressed the Vikings in her interview and his former boss worked with her in Philly. It would be a promotion for Raiche so it wouldn’t be blocked.

Vikings also interviewed Raiche for our open GM position.

Has she been involved with scouting? I think his number 2 needs be strong with the football talent acquisition side for this to work.

33 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

how is "expected to hire" equal to "hired"?

It most likely means they gave him an offer, he probably accepted the offer, there just might be a couple things that need to be done before he is officially hired.

Take myself for example, a company wants to hire me, they send me an offer letter. I sign the offer letter and return it. Then I have to pass a drug test, multiple background checks, a DOT medical examination and a fit for duty medical examination. During that time period the company is expecting to hire me, but I am not officially hired until I clear all those requirements.

1 minute ago, Kael said:

It most likely means they gave him an offer, he probably accepted the offer, there just might be a couple things that need to be done before he is officially hired.

Take myself for example, a company wants to hire me, they send me an offer letter. I sign the offer letter and return it. Then I have to pass a drug test, multiple background checks, a DOT medical examination and a fit for duty medical examination. During that time period the company is expecting to hire me, but I am not officially hired until I clear all those requirements.

yes, yes, yes....

the original title of this thread was that he had been hired. but there is no notice from the Vikes of NFL that it is case.