Vikings expected to hire Kwesi Adofo-Mensah as GM

RaidersAreOne

36 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I wanted Poles but I’m open to a new approach. Just hope it doesn’t burn us in not hiring leaders with more of a football/scouting background. Kwesi probably needs to surround himself with strong football/scouting people otherwise process analysis won’t matter if his football people aren’t any good. 

Basically, you’re hoping this doesn’t turn into a 2016 Cleveland Browns situation.

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

Typically wouldn’t expect the Browns to be the model in which to build a front office from. 

Well you just got a guy from the Browns to be your GM so…….here’s hoping for the best 👍

Edited by Xenos

Went to college at Princeton and played basketball there, then got his Masters at Stanford, not too bad.  

Also is part of the Cleveland Browns who on paper had one of the most talented rosters in the NFL the past few seasons.  Having more minority hires in the decision making parts of the NFL is never a bad thing, could be a great hire for Minnesota.  

1 hour ago, Xenos said:

Well you just got a guy from the Browns to be your GM so…….here’s hoping for the best 👍

They easily had one of the most talented rosters in football the past two seasons, but when the QB play sucks everything sucks.  If they had a better QB they would have been a better team, the RB injuries hurt them, so did the CB injuries and the OL injuries as well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Went to college at Princeton and played basketball there, then got his Masters at Stanford, not too bad.  

Also is part of the Cleveland Browns who on paper had one of the most talented rosters in the NFL the past few seasons.  Having more minority hires in the decision making parts of the NFL is never a bad thing, could be a great hire for Minnesota.  

They easily had one of the most talented rosters in football the past two seasons, but when the QB play sucks everything sucks.  If they had a better QB they would have been a better team, the RB injuries hurt them, so did the CB injuries and the OL injuries as well.

Kind of sounds like the Vikes under Spielman. Except Cousins is actually better than Mayfield.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Kind of sounds like the Vikes under Spielman. Except Cousins is actually better than Mayfield.

In some ways yes but in terms of overall depth no, and the Browns OL even with Conklin out the year who is an All Pro himself, didn't they have two guards either in the Pro bowl or All Pro teams?  And the center was an All Pro last year, Willis has been kind of up an down but still they have multiple high level talents on the OL, Vikings have  zero because none have made a Pro Bowl or All Pro team in their career.  

Much less Browns having two elite RBs, three high level TEs and a deep D and arguably the best young pass rusher in the NFL.  Granted they are not a complete roster yet but yeah QB is huge and without a great one it will make everything suck, just like great QBs make guys who are not so great look great.

4 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Browns get 2 compensatory 3rds. 

Believe you have to have been working for a organization for at least 2 years to qualify for that to trigger.

Never mind though they where hired last year instead of two years ago.

Edited by Justone2

12 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I would have rather had Ryan Poles from KC.

I just don't trust anyone that comes from Cleveland's organization yet.

he came from the 49ers too, dude. spent more time there than CLE. if it makes you feel better, you could say he had the sense to move on from them.

Edited by vike daddy

5 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

now i feel even BETTER!! lol

I'll give him credit for rising fast through organizations. I'll keep my expectations tempered though.

I certainly wouldn't mind it if Demeco Ryans ends up as our HC. A lot of us want an offensive minded coach, but Ryans seems to have energy that is infectious to the team. Maybe that's just what we need.

11 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I'll give him credit for rising fast through organizations. I'll keep my expectations tempered though.

I certainly wouldn't mind it if Demeco Ryans ends up as our HC. A lot of us want an offensive minded coach, but Ryans seems to have energy that is infectious to the team. Maybe that's just what we need.

Ryans is awesome. I hope he stays with the 49ers, but I'm originally from SD and my sister in-law and nephew are Vikings fans, so if he does leave, I guess Minnesota is as good of a place as anywhere. Ryans will be gone next year I think if he doesn't leave this year. 

• Like 1