Vikings expected to hire Kwesi Adofo-Mensah as GM

RaidersAreOne

Is this still the case? I saw he left Minnesota without a deal, something I didn't expect to happen.

What a fascinating hire this would be though if it goes through. Kwesi is a genius (and a Jersey guy). If this works out, this could usher in the true moneyball era of football. Kwesi created some insanely cool models in Cleveland and San Fran, and by all accounts, he isn't a traditional 'football guy'. His moves as a GM would be mostly influenced entirely by these models. Super curious to see if that works out, if he gets this job.

10 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Is this still the case? I saw he left Minnesota without a deal, something I didn't expect to happen.

What a fascinating hire this would be though if it goes through. Kwesi is a genius (and a Jersey guy). If this works out, this could usher in the true moneyball era of football. Kwesi created some insanely cool models in Cleveland and San Fran, and by all accounts, he isn't a traditional 'football guy'. His moves as a GM would be mostly influenced entirely by these models. Super curious to see if that works out, if he gets this job.

He never left I don’t think did he?

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

I saw a tweet with a video of him leaving the building saying that his interview has concluded and he is leaving. Maybe they just meant the building?

Tried to ninja edit.

Yeah, in that video I’m pretty sure they said “we’ll cancel the plane” or something to that effect right when it started.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Tried to ninja edit.

Yeah, in that video I’m pretty sure they said “we’ll cancel the plane” or something to that effect right when it started.

Ah ok. I watched it with the volume off, so I wouldn't have heard that. Good! I'm excited to see what he does.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I saw a tweet with a video of him leaving the building saying that his interview has concluded and he is leaving. Maybe they just meant the building?

My guess is always that he was just going to his hotel since he was planning to stay overnight, which likely wasn't in the original plans.

5 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I wonder if they are also trying to lock in his coach choice before putting ink to paper as well

I can't imagine that they would force him to make a decision on that now.  I would think that he's going to review the interview videos (which I imagine were recorded) and then decide which ones he would want to bring back in person.

Just now, swede700 said:

I can't imagine that they would force him to make a decision on that now.  I would think that he's going to review the interview videos (which I imagine were recorded) and then decide which ones he would want to bring back in person.

Unless he has a strong preference 

4 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Unless he has a strong preference 

He certainly could have a strong preference, however, I would think it'd be in his best interest to at least do his due diligence and review them all, because you certainly don't want to screw up your first coaching hire if you can prevent it.

• Like 1