It’s been 30 years since the Redskins last won the Super Bowl

turtle28

2 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I wasn’t even 2 🤣🤣🤣 man the life long memories I have of this era lol

I was just old enough (6) in 1991 to remember bits and pieces of the Super Bowl run. Moreso about time spent and things I did with my dad than the actual football part. 

I think that’s better, at least I have those memories — as vague and fleeting as they may be — but it was a little weird to have been born into a time when the Redskins were a dominant force, be somewhat aware of that, and then immediately have it disappear forever. 

Really, I wonder what’s the toughest age Washington to be? Those who were around to live through the glory days and know what they’re missing, those who are too young to have ever known any good teams, or those of us who are kind of in the middle. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, e16bball said:

I was just old enough (6) in 1991 to remember bits and pieces of the Super Bowl run. Moreso about time spent and things I did with my dad than the actual football part. 

I think that’s better, at least I have those memories — as vague and fleeting as they may be — but it was a little weird to have been born into a time when the Redskins were a dominant force, be somewhat aware of that, and then immediately have it disappear forever. 

Really, I wonder what’s the toughest age Washington to be? Those who were around to live through the glory days and know what they’re missing, those who are too young to have ever known any good teams, or those of us who are kind of in the middle. 

It’s been tough all around since Fed Ex and Snyder. I remember people being excited about us as a kid and being let down year after year. Then Snyder bought the team and it just got worse and worse then we started setting records for how bad we were losing recently lol. But sadly not only has Dan run the team into the ground as low as he could now he actually gets to name a team while asking fans what they thought then spitting on them by just saying gay we clearly heard you and it isn’t worth it to us to try to give y’all something for the debacles we’ve subjected this fanbase too. It’s just sad the things this team has gone through under this owner. 

11 hours ago, e16bball said:

To your question, I might be heavily biased, but I think it's those of us who know what we're missing. We know what it looks like for our team to be the dominant team in the league (or one of the top 3-5 dominant teams) and have everyone chasing us. To consider a playoff berth and not going to at least the divisional round or NFCCG to be a bust of a season. Now, poor @turtle28might need to go through a ton of shorts if we did that. 

I think it's easier never really knowing what used to be, rather than those of us who know what the organization used to look like and be like and having whatever THIS is (re: Dan Snyder's team) thrown in our faces.

For those of us old folks, it's disgusting, demoralizing, and it gnaws at our youthful fandom. Taking just a little bit more of our childhood away and replacing it with just a dark abyss of despair with each passing year.

All that being said. I respect the hell out of the other two groups you mentioned. Especially the bolded. How the young people have decided this was their team and to root for them despite never actually knowing consistent success? My hat and every hat I will ever own, is off to them.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

I.am.SO.old.

I was legally drinking certain beverages in college at the age of 22 when this happened.

Remarkably, at that point in time in many states where people rooted for the Redskins, you’d been legally drinking beer for 4 years but only legally drinking liquor for 1 year. That still just strikes me as wild, that they had different drinking ages for different formulations of alcohol. 

Anyway, when you guys went to parties and bars back then, did you all pile into one covered wagon or did everyone take their own? Just trying to get a picture of what it was like back then 😂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

Remarkably, at that point in time in many states where people rooted for the Redskins, you’d been legally drinking beer for 4 years but only legally drinking liquor for 1 year. That still just strikes me as wild, that they had different drinking ages for different formulations of alcohol. 

Anyway, when you guys went to parties and bars back then, did you all pile into one covered wagon or did everyone take their own? Just trying to get a picture of what it was like back then 😂

I wonder what the legal drinking age for hard seltzer would have been back then

6 hours ago, e16bball said:

Take their own? We were college students. We all piled into the wagon trains headed west. The only difference was dudes in tshirts mooning people off the side.

The biggest issue we had was making it past the Missouri River without any of us dying of dysentery. The survivors made it past and onto the Oregon Trail. Those that made the 2,000 mile trek got to find out that in our county alcohol sales were just made legal on Sundays only 3 years beforehand (*).

(*) true story. When I was a freshman at JMU, the mall was closed on Sundays per the "blue law" in the county. Same with other places. Only things really open were restaurants (no alcohol sales). So we had to stock up on Fri/Sat for the Super Bowl.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

Take their own? We were college students. We all piled into the wagon trains headed west. The only difference was dudes in tshirts mooning people off the side.

The biggest issue we had was making it past the Missouri River without any of us dying of dysentery. The survivors made it past and onto the Oregon Trail. Those that made the 2,000 mile trek got to find out that in our county alcohol sales were just made legal on Sundays only 3 years beforehand (*).

(*) true story. When I was a freshman at JMU, the mall was closed on Sundays per the "blue law" in the county. Same with other places. Only things really open were restaurants (no alcohol sales). So we had to stock up on Fri/Sat for the Super Bowl.

Damn you are old. 😂 

• Like 1