Byron Leftwich to be the next Jaguars head coach

pwny

As a Tampa fan I think its a good hire.  His first year at OC calling plays was a bit rough as he seemed to predictive but he figured it out eventually.  I am wondering if he will call plays here (i'm assuming he will)  and also who his staff will be.  He will definitely grab some of the staff from Tampa will be interesting to see which direction he goes with the defensive staff.

It's the risky hire, but I think it's got the potential to work out. I like the idea of bringing back someone who understands Jacksonville and has been there from the perspective of a player with the organisation. This team needed an anti-Urban. There's enough there in the endorsements he's received from his fellow coaches and players to believe he has the right stuff as a coach. It's going to be ALL about the staff he can build around him. 

• Like 3

I have zero idea if he ends up working out as there’s so much that goes into it, but Byron is one of the most respected and bright minded OC’s in the league. Everyone who has spoke about him from past teammates, former players, current players/coaches (as you can very easily muster up from Arians) are glowing.

He deserves this.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Maybe James Bettcher on his coaching staff? Bettcher did a fantastic job with the Cards D after Bowles left, overlapped with Leftwich. Both have worked under Arians, Bettcher's D is similar to Bowles'. Wouldn't be too surprised to see him in a role. 

3-4 or 4-3?