Lefty withdraws his name from the Jags job

bucsfan333

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

I doubt it. BA doesn't seem like the kind of guy to stop someone from getting a promotion.

It still is a promotion either way for Foote. Look, I ll be happy them to go outside the staff.  I appreciate loyalty, but get into the Fangio sweepstakes if you can.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

It still is a promotion either way for Foote. Look, I ll be happy them to go outside the staff.  I appreciate loyalty, but get into the Fangio sweepstakes if you can.

Agreed. But telling him, "No" before the guaranteed promotion seems antithetical to what BA constantly preaches.

Happy for Lefty. Despite how critical we were of him at times, he did a nice job. More so on the fact that he had to manage to be the liaison of the offense between a HC that has been an avid play caller in past and a HOF QB who basically had free will to do whatever he wanted on the field. That's not easy to manage and keep everyone cool. 

Excited for Leftwich, always been a fan of him since his Marshall days. Cant say Im sad to see him go though, Im too curious of what this offense can be with someone else in charge. Just seems like we've always had more potential than what we've shown. Crazy to say given we've been top 3 in scoring the past 3 years and won a super bowl, there just seems like there's been something left on the table. 

The 3rd round pick this year and next will come in big too, especially given Licht's mid round savyness (Godwin, Beckwith, Whitehead, Edwards, Cappa, Nelson).