Lefty withdraws his name from the Jags job

bucsfan333

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

Your nightmare is officially over.  No intro press conference for Head Coach Byron Leftwich with red and pewter backdrop behind him.  Rest easy my friend.  😂😂😂

Shark Tank Laugh GIF by ABC Network

1 hour ago, haveyoumetdustin said:

Excited for Leftwich, always been a fan of him since his Marshall days. Cant say Im sad to see him go though, Im too curious of what this offense can be with someone else in charge. Just seems like we've always had more potential than what we've shown. Crazy to say given we've been top 3 in scoring the past 3 years and won a super bowl, there just seems like there's been something left on the table. 

The 3rd round pick this year and next will come in big too, especially given Licht's mid round savyness (Godwin, Beckwith, Whitehead, Edwards, Cappa, Nelson). 

I agree 💯 

I just never really felt like Leftwich added much 

I know we have great stats and all but I just felt like the offense was lacking that creative spark that you see the chiefs, bills have

Again hope he has success

But man, my gut feeling is he is going to be a disaster-class in Jax. Which, I like Lawrence so I'm a bit sad about.  Who knows, maybe he proves me wrong. 🤷‍♂️

Im glad hes taking another job AND we get high comp picks ! 👏 bravo

• Like 1

leftwich biggest issues are 

abandons run game too soon thus puts pressure on the QB . In game adjustment when personnel goes down. (saints game)

if that was Winston on Sunday he would of tossed at least 3-4 picks forced balls.

Tom just surgical and knows when to take his shots. Dont think we will miss lefty too much he was good but the talent here is overwhelming and we have an elite OL / elite QB. That can make even most people look good. 

2 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Shark Tank Laugh GIF by ABC Network

I agree 💯 

I just never really felt like Leftwich added much 

I know we have great stats and all but I just felt like the offense was lacking that creative spark that you see the chiefs, bills have

Again hope he has success

But man, my gut feeling is he is going to be a disaster-class in Jax. Which, I like Lawrence so I'm a bit sad about.  Who knows, maybe he proves me wrong. 🤷‍♂️

Im glad hes taking another job AND we get high comp picks ! 👏 bravo

I'm not disagreeing with you're general idea, but playing devils' advocate - two things to consider:

1] The offense was predicated around BA's concepts

2] The Chiefs and Bills system and offense can be much more 'creative' because they have two of the most mobile QBs in the league that can make any throw on the field on the run. We don't have that luxury and are one of the few teams left that have that statue esq QB.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Sounds like Baalke is being awful - as he is - and is trying to interview other coaches to drive down Lefty's asking price.

This is where the Glazers need to come in and give Leftwich a raise.  Every little bit to persuade TB12 to come back.

@BucsDraftGeek47, it's not over yet

tenor.gif

Edited by ravishingone

16 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

This is where the Glazers need to come in and give Leftwich a raise.  Every little bit to persuade TB12 to come back.

@BucsDraftGeek47, it's not over yet

tenor.gif

Maybe we came back and pulled a McDaniels on him. Gave him the proverbial handshake agreement that he would be the HC when BA retires.

Made him think twice? Just a conspiracy theory...

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Looks like Broncos just hired Hackett this morning to be their HC.

I guess it is down to Byron and Eberflus.  The whole Baalke saga is silly.  Keep him or fire him.  Well, we'll probably just keep him thru the draft is dumb.  Khan is creating this problem.