The Righteous Gemstones - Season 2 underway, Season 3 picked up (spoilers)

ET80

I don't know who is watching this show, but you need to pick it up ASAP. (Looking at you, @Ty21).

It's Danny McBride, John Goodman, Adam Devine and Edi Patterson as a family that owns a megachurch in South Carolina... and the politics, corruption and straight up criminal nature these people have in the name of protecting their profit. Add in Walton Goggins as the uncle who wants his cut of the money? Then you have a disaster, dressed up in its Sunday best.

If I had to describe it - it's Succession on an acid and Bible trip, or Eastbound and Down with Sunday service instead of baseball. It's such a biting bit of satire directed at billionaire pastors such as Joel Osteen, Creflo Dollar and Kenneth Copeland (people I genuinely hate).

I highly recommend it, catch up on HBO Max when you have a chance.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

The righteous gemstones season two | Movie/TV Board

For the longest time...

Spoiler

I thought Keefe was Harmon until this last episode. In addition, Walton Goggins is just an incredible actor. You and I talk about Mass Effect a lot, but between Baby Billy and Cecil Steadmen from Invincible - Goggins as The Illusive Man, standing on the table for this one.

1 hour ago, August4th said:

Edi Patterson is a superstar. She brings it in every scene she's in.

She is... she is so over the top as Judy, but she really echos a spoiled brat with a rich daddy to perfection. Her interaction with her brothers and BJ is just laughingly horrible.

• 2 weeks later...

great finale

I love how they're able to blend the absurd comedy with disturbing horror/crime elements. everything with eric this episode was chilling, like strip away some of the comedy and you have a potentially great horror film with that character and his story in this episode.

Edited by August4th
  • Like 1

On 2/28/2022 at 5:42 PM, djw4bucs said:

What a fantastic season, i really want another season just because i love this show, but i dont know what else that can really do for it, plus this ending is kinda perfect.

Lol. I didn’t even know there was a 9th episode. No wonder I thought season 1 was better than season 2. Thx!

Edited by SMashMouthMike

• 1 year later...