Vikings hire Kwesi Adofo-Mensah as GM

Heimdallr

NewGMAdofo-Mensah-KSTPTV3.jpg

https://kstp.com/sports-news/vikings-introduce-new-gm-adofo-mensah/

MORE ABOUT KWESI ADOFO -MENSAH

• 40 years Old
  • Graduated from Princeton with a degree in Economics, and obtained his masters from Stanford in Economics
  • Former Basketball player for Princeton
  • Was a commodities trader and portfolio manager on Wall Street out of college
  • Spent 7 years in the 49ers Organization working on football research and development
  • Hired to the Browns front office in 2020 - Vice President of Football Operations

Via Darren Wolfson (KSTP 5 Eyewitness News)

FJ9_ajJXoAcUNUZ?format=jpg&name=medium

Quotes:

“It is so funny, before I came into the NFL, I never heard that word and never used that word, and now that I am in the NFL, I still do not,” Adofo-Mensah told reporters via Zoom. “At the end of the day, we are trying to make good decisions. These are uncertain things that we are trying to figure out so we try to be evidence-based, I would more say. Look, coaches and scouts have been evidence-based in the NFL for a long time. Every quality control coach is evidence-based. They come up with a probability. I do not necessarily think that this is some new thing. I think we are just applying it, using different methods and also using it across football operations.”

“We are trying to win on the margins and so we are trying extricate every little winning possible advantage we can find across football operations and use the evidence to support that,” he said. “I think that Kevin (Stefanski), AB (Andrew Berry), DePodesta and everybody in this organization are aligned in that sense. I do not think we believe it is more than it is and I do not think we believe that is less than it is. I think we just believe that it is an important facet and something that can help us, and we are going to use whatever to help us.”

• Like 1

1 minute ago, skywindO2 said:

I don't think he has a Morris connection? 

It's been at least hinted at that the Vikings brought in Morris for an interview after their first interview with Kwesi; people connecting the dots that he's a candidate that Kwesi suggested.

• Like 1