Eagles G Brandon Brooks retiring

RaidersAreOne

I’ve always liked Brandon Brooks, despite him being such a good player for the Eagles. I have a lot of respect for the courage it took for him to speak openly about his need to step away for a bit to protect his mental health — he kinda did that before it was “cool” to do that, and I think he gave a lot of people the belief that they could make those kinds of choices too. I wish him the best in his retirement and I’m glad he’s made the choice to walk away with his mind and body as intact as possible. 

Related note, I will be similarly glad for some of his buddies. Jason Kelce, really getting up there in years, there must be something else fun for him to do. Lane Johnson, older than you’d think and it seems like he’s hurt a lot lately, I’d say probably the right time to spend more time with family. Devonta Smith, really what else is there to prove, don’t be a hero, Devonta!

• Like 2

IMO he was the best guard in football in 2019. He was insane that year having come back from an Achilles in just 8 months as a heavier guard. Dude was the total package and elite when healthy, but these past two years he’s barely seen the field cause of injury and basically the whole presser he was saying his body had just been telling him it’s time. 

Eagles fans pretty much all saw this coming with Nick Sirianni getting asked by the Philly media like every week or other week about Brooks status cause he should’ve been nearing a return late in the year, but he would never give anything really on him. It just seemed like a weird situation and that something wasn’t right.

With that said, Eagles even with Brooks retiring have pretty good depth at guard. We used a ton of guards this year with our two projected starters before the season barely playing. 

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

12 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I’ve always liked Brandon Brooks, despite him being such a good player for the Eagles. I have a lot of respect for the courage it took for him to speak openly about his need to step away for a bit to protect his mental health — he kinda did that before it was “cool” to do that, and I think he gave a lot of people the belief that they could make those kinds of choices too. I wish him the best in his retirement and I’m glad he’s made the choice to walk away with his mind and body as intact as possible. 

Related note, I will be similarly glad for some of his buddies. Jason Kelce, really getting up there in years, there must be something else fun for him to do. Lane Johnson, older than you’d think and it seems like he’s hurt a lot lately, I’d say probably the right time to spend more time with family. Devonta Smith, really what else is there to prove, don’t be a hero, Devonta!

Brandon and Jason are both amazing humans. The Philly reporters gave him a lot of flowers for speaking publicly back then about his struggles with anxiety. He also went into detail about how when Lane Johnson walked away this season because of depression and went home to Oklahoma that when they brought him back to Philly how he just came over to Lane’s place and sat there with him to make sure he’s alright and how they didn’t really talk about ball and just contemplated life and talked about life and the ups and downs.

I’m pretty sure his mind is still in tact if he’s apply to one of the most prestigious business schools though.

Connor Barwin is attending Penn right now actually, so he would be following in his footsteps.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Great player. With him, and possibly Kelce, gone from the OL the Eagles are going to have their work cut out attempting to keep that OL at the level they are used to. 

I think they'll be better off than you expect. Jeff Stoutland is arguably the best offensive Line coach in the league. He did wonders with Landon Dickerson and Jordan Mailata over the past year or so.