Raiders 2018 Free Agency Thread

Rich7sena

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

It's also important to identify guys who might be cut/traded. There may be a large exodus from the Seattle Seahawks including older but still productive players: Michael Bennett, Cliff Avril, Kam Chancellor, and most notably Richard Sherman. All have outs in there contract in 2018.

1 hour ago, roi34 said:

want no part of Sherman or Bennett. too much distraction with those two. Sherman has too big of a mouth and were trying to bring the team in a direction and Sherman IMO wouldn't help that.

And then to add to that, it looks like Avril and Chancellor having injury concerns that may prevent them from being effective or reliable on the field again. Seattle is tearing it down at the right time on that defense.

5 hours ago, roi34 said:

want no part of Sherman or Bennett. too much distraction with those two. Sherman has too big of a mouth and were trying to bring the team in a direction and Sherman IMO wouldn't help that.

I disagree with Sherman. While he talks trash  he's all about football. Sure he gets political at times but he's not like Marshawn Lynch where he's all about his brand. Besides he's still a very solid DB that can play a few more years. Honestly CB has been such a huge hole on this team for so long that I'd sign him. I think he could bring leadership to this defense that it's been lacking since Tuck retired.

4 hours ago, Chali21 said:

I disagree with Sherman. While he talks trash  he's all about football. Sure he gets political at times but he's not like Marshawn Lynch where he's all about his brand. Besides he's still a very solid DB that can play a few more years. Honestly CB has been such a huge hole on this team for so long that I'd sign him. I think he could bring leadership to this defense that it's been lacking since Tuck retired.

RIght? In what world would we not be interested in a future hall of fame cornerback who plays at a high level and elevates his peers?

22 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

RIght? In what world would we not be interested in a future hall of fame cornerback who plays at a high level and elevates his peers?

You have your opinion i have mine. just feel were trying to go in different direction. we need a vet CB with the group but just don't want Sherman going on 30 prob wants big money and injured. unless it's one year deal. 

2 hours ago, roi34 said:

You have your opinion i have mine. just feel were trying to go in different direction. we need a vet CB with the group but just don't want Sherman going on 30 prob wants big money and injured. unless it's one year deal. 

Also not a fan of Sherman coming off a ruptured achilles. Unless it's a one year deal like you said. 

Anyone else think Alex Smith would be a QB that's an excellent fit for Gruden? I see the same qualities Gannon had, with the chip on his shoulder still after the SF cut and now KC letting him go. Not saying Smith is the next Montana just because he'll be with Gruden, but damned if I don't see him as a very good, and possibly available, QB should Carr and Gruden not mesh. (Don't get me wrong, I have full faith and confidence in Carr, just throwing out an idea.)

Alex smith will go somewhere to start. He won't come here.

I'd love to pair Bennett with mack and our dline. I don't think we have to worry about players creating distractions under gruden. He's going to be quick to keep the team atmosphere from being harmed.

54 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Alex smith will go somewhere to start. He won't come here.

I'd love to pair Bennett with mack and our dline. I don't think we have to worry about players creating distractions under gruden. He's going to be quick to keep the team atmosphere from being harmed.

I'd love Bennett, so long as the money's not too restrictive. I think a veteran presence is just what our D needs, as was alluded to with the Tuck rerefence earlier. We need to get better pass rushers and more depth in that area. I'm not too enamoured by the edge rushers when we pick in the 1st in the draft, so getting a starter in FA and then drafting one rounds 2 or later for depth and to learn from Mack, Bennett and Irvin would be a good move IMO.

It is beyond me why people think Ziggy Ansah will be a cheap signing...

He is 28, he has good size, can play the run, he can rush the passer.

If he is not the only pass rushing threat on a DL he can be a 10+ sack guy.

He could be a good fit for us as a LDE across Mack, but I can't really see how we sign him.

Maybe if we cut Irvin, but I'm not sure.

Also I can't really see the Lions to let him test the market. They have money, he is their best DL player...he will be back IMO.

41 minutes ago, Rolni said:

It is beyond me why people think Ziggy Ansah will be a cheap signing...

He is 28, he has good size, can play the run, he can rush the passer.

If he is not the only pass rushing threat on a DL he can be a 10+ sack guy.

He could be a good fit for us as a LDE across Mack, but I can't really see how we sign him.

Maybe if we cut Irvin, but I'm not sure.

Also I can't really see the Lions to let him test the market. They have money, he is their best DL player...he will be back IMO.

I never said ziggy would be cheap but he's been hurt last two. maybe he does one year deal to make more next yr.

3 hours ago, roi34 said:

my friend is a Seahawks fan and said he's tired of Bennett. production didn't match other b.s. 

rather have ziggy or Trent Murphy on cheaper deal.

I’d aim higher than Trent Murphy after his best season he gets popped for PEDs 

Personally.... as far as FA splash, I want to see them go hard after Jarvis Landry. Pair him with Cooper. How much fun would that potentially be. Landry scream Jon Gruden type WR. Sure handed, tough, expert route runner. 

He's clearly not gelling w/ Gase in Miami and needs a change. 

Baring that... Allen Robinson. Risky coming off injury, but had a big year with Greg Olson in 2015. 

I want to see them improve the skill positions on offense at RB and WR. Then focus entirely on defense.

Archived