Raiders 2018 Free Agency Thread

Rich7sena

jarvis landry would be terrific in our offense but he's going to be incredibly expensive. allen robinson would be awesome if crabtree is shown the door, but again, expensive. we still have to give mack his deal and have a ton of holes on the other side of the ball. hopefully mack's deal is taken care of early in the process so we have a strong sense of our finances going into the FA waav

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Personally.... as far as FA splash, I want to see them go hard after Jarvis Landry. Pair him with Cooper. How much fun would that potentially be. Landry scream Jon Gruden type WR. Sure handed, tough, expert route runner. 

He's clearly not gelling w/ Gase in Miami and needs a change. 

Baring that... Allen Robinson. Risky coming off injury, but had a big year with Greg Olson in 2015. 

I want to see them improve the skill positions on offense at RB and WR. Then focus entirely on defense.

Can't really see that FA RB...draft one in the 2nd or 3rd and go D the rest of the way after a WR FA pick up. I could dig that!

Landry, Allen or M.Lee maybe

With the best RB in the league contemplating retirement if the Steelers tag him again, there is a small chance they let him straight up walk in FA. What would you give to Bell if he does become available? He is one of the more dominant, all-around players in the league and would elevate our entire team tremendously. 

38 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

With the best RB in the league contemplating retirement if the Steelers tag him again, there is a small chance they let him straight up walk in FA. What would you give to Bell if he does become available? He is one of the more dominant, all-around players in the league and would elevate our entire team tremendously. 

we don't have room with carr and mack to sign a bell. I'd rather have two good players added vs bell sadly. 

38 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Can’t afford him

29 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Can’t afford him

You guys are crazy. The highest RB contract in the league is 5 years 41mil to Freeman. That's roughly 8mil a year. Even if we gave him 5 years 60 mil, I think it'd be worth it.

And we have avenues to give Mack his money, sign our draft picks and a few FAs and still afford 12 mil a yr for Bell.

17 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

You guys are crazy. The highest RB contract in the league is 5 years 41mil to Freeman. That's roughly 8mil a year. Even if we gave him 5 years 60 mil, I think it'd be worth it.

And we have avenues to give Mack his money, sign our draft picks and a few FAs and still afford 12 mil a yr for Bell.

I Dont see reason to put us in cap problems with cooper being free agent in near future as well. Bell is the man but I'd rather draft a RB and address def and oline in FA. 

48 minutes ago, roi34 said:

I Dont see reason to put us in cap problems with cooper being free agent in near future as well. Bell is the man but I'd rather draft a RB and address def and oline in FA. 

I totally get it and that is the way I'd go too as a GM but saying we CAN'T do it because of money isn't accurate. That was my point. Instead of drafting a HB to take the spot Bell would take, draft a CB to take the spot Smith has and cut Lynch as well. That is Bell's cap hit right there plus some change left over.

Bell is a known commodity while we don't know what a drafted HB will be. 

But you're right in the sense that it would be a move that would require careful planning and thought.

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'd rather draft Derrius Guice

I’m wary of giving RBs a second contract. With how often they get hit, their bodies break down faster than most positions. It’s why teams draft guys every few years and i feel like it’s what the Raiders need to do. There’s a lot of good players in the draft at the running back position so just take one high and call it a day. 

38 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Do you take him at 10? He will most likely be there.

it depends what problems we solve in free agency for me. If we address dline or few def pieces then fine. If not i want def. take rb later

Archived