Raiders 2018 Free Agency Thread

Rich7sena

5 minutes ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Pointing to signing aging veterans when all we did was sign a WR to be a reliable pass catcher is an overreaction. There's no benefit of the doubt despite Gruden's success with vet WR and Jordy Nelsons history?

As I said before, I firmly believe we'll be worlds better this year than last only because of gruden. 

You're misunderstanding, I'm optimistic but have concerns also. I'm a believer in waiting until the season starts and our 53 is planted.  But if (and it's a big if) we sign Decker, the fact of the matter is we'd have a fairly old WR corps with 1 big exception, coupled with the fact that guys like Holton and Roberts really don't look like they're going to ascend to full time starters. We'll probably draft a WR in the mid rounds to get some youthful depth and all this is a mute point, which is what I'd hope for.  

Example: Concern-I wouldn't want to be in a position where we have 1 big WR paired up with Carr and play switcheroo with our #2's and 3's every year or two. Hopefully not going to be the case, but right now it's allowed to be a concern I look at. 

3 minutes ago, Madleg81 said:

I'll even add you one better...here's the same link for Crabtree's drop ratio https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/michael-crabtree-wr/

Last year, he was considered as having the droppsies and the stats say he only had 6 drops out of 83 catchable targets....but we as fans know he had much more than that and there were passes he normally pulls down and wasn't.

So like I said, there's the obvious drops and then's the ones that for guys that played or know the game we know could've or should've been hauled in.

When you're only catching around 50 passes, dropping 1 out of every 7, plagued by nagging injuries and unable to create space to give the QB a good target, again, the point is mute.

Right. I agree that Crabtree had several drops, which makes me further think the stats/site you provided is not a good source. This is why I want to know games, or instances I can see. 

Being unable to create space is a problem, but can be mitigated a bit if the pass catcher is reliable. This is where Jordy Nelson resides. I disagree that Eric Decker is as much of a liability in regards to catching passes, which is why i don't find the point (the word you've been looking for is--) moot. But I can agree to disagree I suppose..

Archived