Raiders 2018 Free Agency Thread

Rich7sena

1 hour ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Yeah that was kind of surprising.  Thought we'd be the one team that could pry him away.  

Also, wrong thread about the coaches guys.

Adams has been the Packers' best and youngest receiver this season. He's also the only one to still consistently put up numbers in Rodgers' absence. I didn't think for a second he'd come available.

I'm really starting to like the idea of Moncrief. Talent and skill-wise, I don't think he's too far off from Adams and might of even been at his level had Luck not gotten hurt. Injuries haven't helped, either. 

19 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Adams has been the Packers' best and youngest receiver this season. He's also the only one to still consistently put up numbers in Rodgers' absence. I didn't think for a second he'd come available.

I'm really starting to like the idea of Moncrief. Talent and skill-wise, I don't think he's too far off from Adams and might of even been at his level had Luck not gotten hurt. Injuries haven't helped, either. 

Yeah I didn't think about how hard Cobb and Jordy fell off.

Thought I read Moncrief was a malcontent like his buddy TY Hilton earlier this year.  I've seen other things also saying he wants to stay in Indy too though.  Regardless, he isn't consistent.  I know we probably aren't going shopping for a top notch WR but that inconsistency scares me.  Especially considering the poor coaching our offense and receivers have been getting.  He's got great potential for certain but I'm not sure someone so notoriously up and down is the best bet.

I think I prefer Paul Richardson, as you've also mentioned, due to the simple fact that he's more consistent.  Moncrief would bring nice size to the table though.  I guess it would be down to how much he costs to sign.  Jordan Matthews and John Brown are some other forgotten guys I wouldn't mind trying to buy low.  Assuming we try to get a more consistent guy first.  I'm just scared of seeing more constant bad play from our WRs.  But maybe new coaching can help.

4 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I will say no, it's not realistic. I'd argue all three have more or less played up their contracts. I don't think Reggie has much leverage when it comes to restructuring them.

Yeah that’s what I thought.Hudson is a priority, Irvin if we can can restructure makes sense but Crabtree I can see us letting go tbh. He’s done great but better to get rid 1 year early than 1 year late imo. 

On 12/29/2017 at 2:04 PM, Silver&Black88 said:

Yeah that was kind of surprising.  Thought we'd be the one team that could pry him away.  

25 year old Receivers who just had back to back seasons of double digit TDs don't hit the market.

Packer fans are saying Randall Cobb won't be back with the team next year. He is actually a guy I would welcome but not sure if we have the coin to make it happen. Reggie went after him before.

Good sure handed slot guy that Carr could trust. 

On 12/29/2017 at 3:24 PM, roi34 said:

moncrief I wanted in draft from old miss i believe. he is great redzone target too

I'm not a fan of Moncreif as anything more than a 3rd or 4th WR.  He's average.  

Does anyone know if Josh Gordon is a RFA?  Now there is a stud WR we can get on the cheap if Cleveland lets him go.  A chance to play with a real QB, he can be our legit 1X WR, keep Crabs at 2 and Cooper in the slot.  Me likey...

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I'm not a fan of Moncreif as anything more than a 3rd or 4th WR.  He's average.  

Does anyone know if Josh Gordon is a RFA?  Now there is a stud WR we can get on the cheap if Cleveland lets him go.  A chance to play with a real QB, he can be our legit 1X WR, keep Crabs at 2 and Cooper in the slot.  Me likey...

He's a high end 3rd receiver and a mid range 2. I'd love him with Cooper and Crabtree. It also helps to not have your receiver corps to to hell when one of them is out.

54 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

He's a high end 3rd receiver and a mid range 2. I'd love him with Cooper and Crabtree. It also helps to not have your receiver corps to to hell when one of them is out.

I agree with your assessment and WR depth is never a bad thing.  If the contract was friendly I would not be opposed but I would not expect Crabtree type production over the last few years.  

Smith, Crabtree are the easy cuts. you can cut cook if the opportunity for another TE comes up (jimmy graham). wouldnt even mind giving Eifert a 1 year prove it deal and letting cook walk.

amerson actually has a reasonable cap number next season (the lowest on his whole contract). i think its worth bringing lynch back, since he got better as the year went on. we should have enough cash to hit a couple of needs. gotta draft DT and MLB early. also remember we basically didnt have our 1st and 2nd round picks from a year ago, that should give a big boost too

bowman played exceptional imo and should be back. amerson is cheap enough and shows flashes. Cutting cook would be odd imo he was solid and underused. why would we sign a guy loke eifert who cant stay on field?

Archived